BenjaminBurnley

Attila - Villain (2019)

What would you rate Attila - Villain out of 10?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate Attila - Villain out of 10?

78 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Poon Sauce McNasty said:

Man, so much hate on Chaos- didn't realize it wasn't that well received. I find Guilty Pleasure and About That Life to be on the top of the shit pile.

So far this sounds like the best thing since Outlawed!

Chaos is prttty garbage as far as Attila goes, their lyrics aren't good, they can't write good alt.rock'd metalcore so their only way to continue is writing heavy bangers, which they did wonderfully with Outlawed, Guilty Pleasure, and possibly this.

the only aspect of this album I do not like is fronz' s lyrics occasionally. 

I cannot stand when core bands scream about fucking, it's just too cringy... even when its tongue in cheek like it is here.  

escuchare este álbum y te daré mi opinión, saludos!!

After listening to this album a bunch of times im calling it.  AOTY 

~K!zL

• Upvote 1

Guest Jeff ManGummo

I've been off metal for a past couple months, so I might not be the best person to say this, but damn is this thing borderline unlistenable. I mean, the instrumentation is pretty fucking tight, and Subhuman is the closest they get to a moment of clarity, but goddamn are the cringily rapped and cookie monster vocals and tongue-in-cheek, unfunny and retarded lyrics unbearable. Something tells me this thing is really bad even by deathcore standards which I don't listen to at all, I do appreciate some metal but this really isn't it, so much so that I felt the need to comment.

Another thing I admire about this album is that the intro and the hook of the closer made me laugh uncontrollably, idk if it's ridiculously dumb on purpose but goddamn

On a VERY personal opinion, this album's instrumental aspect is incredible. I love how hard every song hits. What kind of kills is for me however is Fronz's lyricism. I've never been a fan of the "Fuck bitches, get money, smoke weed" kind of music. Nonetheless, his vocals are still fantastic per usual. 

Overall, it's not too bad. The only song I personally would give a higher rating is Subhuman. I can listen to that one on repeat and not get tired of it. Lots of ATR vibes.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gobaru said:

escuchare este álbum y te daré mi opinión, saludos!!

deja decirte que buenas rolas, desde la pista 1 la neta esta con madres el disco,

Was really digging Perdition and then the beginning of Villain started and it almost made me quit listening lol. I do like a lot of this album but there are parts where Fronz just makes me cringe

HEAVY instrumentation, but the lyrics are soooo fucking cringe. These guys obviously don't eat ass.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

You wake up, sweating, eyes wild with desire for...Attila.

You reach for the gun, an odd relief at your new courage washes over.

Good jam but besides the Bad Omens songs which are ironically the best (Subhuman, Bad Habits) it's pretty unmemorable. Though I really dig Manipulate, It Is What It Is and Toxic. Though replay value is not that big tbh and would rather listen to Chaos, which for some reason a lot of people hate

• Upvote 1

Finally got to this. Chaos was lacking for me, but this is exactly what I want from Attila, so I'll be jamming this for a good long while. 9/10

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Probably my favorite album by Attila to date. It's like they combined what they are now with some of that Outlaw shit. Super good, super groovy and always fun. Favorite song is probably Toxic. 

• Upvote 2

who likes this garbage

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

Emmure + Chelsea Grin + immaturity + extra cringe + less skill than both those bands at their absolute worst = this album 

For the most part, this album is great! It’s heavy, which is all I want from Attila. I was surprised to hear songs like Toxic, Subhuman, Bad Habits & even Manipulate, where the lyrics have substance. New Addiction & Villain really are mediocre, 9 albums in and its getting old for me. Never had an issue but those themes don’t seem to fit with the album. Otherwise, the instrumentals and production is spot on!