Lord Rorschach

Of Mice and Men - How to Survive (Single) (2019)

66 posts in this topic

Fucking amazing!!!! Funny how this is labeled as generic trash when Amo gets praised like it's the second coming of christ

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Now I've not listened to much of OM&M (Only the Defy album and SECOND & SEBRING) but holy shit I'm loving this. I loved Defy for it's more melodic elements but this goes fuckin hard. New album hype!

15 minutes ago, DORBUSCUS said:

Fucking amazing!!!! Funny how this is labeled as generic trash when Amo gets praised like it's the second coming of christ

We all have our own opinions...

You just can't listen to this and tell me it doesn't sound like a song every single second-rate metalcore band from 2011/12 was putting out back then. I'm talking those bands like Through Arteries or Close To Home or some shit. This sounds like it could have been a song written by any of those sorts of bands back then, when everyone wanted to be as big as Asking were. It's hilarious, and OM&M still has such an obnoxiously subservient fanbase while dropping the blandest music ever. It blows my mind.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, ggl3dde said:

One day they'll sound like Jamie's Elsewhere right? Right??

Let's hope so, it would surely be better than this plus the last two albums. 

4 hours ago, Joseph said:

generic title ✔

generic artwork ✔

generic song ✔ 

can they just call it quits and stop ruining the OM&M name 

Unironically couldn't agree with this more 

Kinda funny how people can't take differing opinions

• Upvote 1

Give me new Dayshell instead

Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DORBUSCUS said:

Funny that you're implying amo is generic. I will agree on it not deserving the amount of praise it has though 

Liked it more than I thought I would based on everyone doodooing on the song

• Upvote 1

Damn this shit slaps! Definitely going on my workout playlist!!

1 hour ago, ggl3dde said:

One day they'll sound like Jamie's Elsewhere right? Right??

Personally I'd totally love that

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bored To Death said:

Funny that you're implying amo is generic. I will agree on it not deserving the amount of praise it has though 

It is generic. It's nothing special at all. Granted i know OM&M don't make unique music, but they don't need to. Amo is every pop album ever. I think Nihilist Blues is the only unique song on that album and even then it's pretty boring. It's not all bad. I like Mantra and Sugar Honeg Ice & Tea, but it's a generic pop record from an otherwise great band

9 minutes ago, DORBUSCUS said:

It is generic. It's nothing special at all. Granted i know OM&M don't make unique music, but they don't need to. Amo is every pop album ever. I think Nihilist Blues is the only unique song on that album and even then it's pretty boring. It's not all bad. I like Mantra and Sugar Honeg Ice & Tea, but it's a generic pop record from an otherwise great band

*cough cough* wonderful life *cough*

2 hours ago, DORBUSCUS said:

Hmm, i think some people here have no clue what "Generic" even means.

I definitely like that they are continuing with music, even after Austin left. It's not the same as it was before he left, but They are making music, and really enjoying themselves. I respect them for that. Now this? This rips. I really dig it. Can't wait for the new album they're working on!

I dont think its a bad song. I like it much more than last album

• Upvote 1

Every time I see a new OM&M song I somehow expect Savage Hands and I'm severely disappointed when it's inevitably not.

4 hours ago, suckmywaifu said:

Wonderful Life isn't that great people. You can like the album but you cannot tell me it's revolutionary in the slightest

3 hours ago, AMNESIK said:

Hmm, i think some people here have no clue what "Generic" even means.

Yes i do know, it's Amo

3 minutes ago, DORBUSCUS said:

Wonderful Life isn't that great people. You can like the album but you cannot tell me it's revolutionary in the slightest

Yes i do know, it's Amo

There's a huge difference between disliking something and calling it generic. If you think Amo is generic, you don't know shit.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, AMNESIK said:

There's a huge difference between disliking something and calling it generic. If you think Amo is generic, you don't know shit.

If you think it isn't, you dont know shit. It's a bland ass pop album with occasional signs of greatness. I've heard Amo 30 times before it was even announced

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, suckmywaifu said:

3 minutes ago, AMNESIK said:

Your a moron it’s generic as fuck just because a metal band is making a pop album and they decided to put a song on the album that is the slightest bit heavy doesn’t make it unique. The whole album is lazy and poorly written. If you like the album that’s a big old sack of peaches but you can’t call it special because the same thing is done so much better everywhere else 

Definitely cool that they're doing something heavier, they just don't draw me in like they used to. Maybe this'll grow on me, who knows.

1 hour ago, DORBUSCUS said:

If you think it isn't, you dont know shit. It's a bland ass pop album with occasional signs of greatness. I've heard Amo 30 times before it was even announced

I adore Amo. But I’m not familiar with many other albums that have a rock driven, polished electronic sound like it does. Can you recommend some stuff for me?

The implications that amo is "just pop" or "generic" are rather funny 

No bsnd sounds like BMTH. 

Amo wasn't only pop 

• Upvote 3

This is good in terms of a "good song", but this is bad in terms of an "Of Mice and Men" song..

Glad they're keeping it heavy. I enjoy Aaron's unclean vocals just as much as his cleans.

ehh, I liked Defy better.

"Generic" doesn't necessarily equal "bad"...this song, and Famous Last Word's new single both are pretty good (while not great) and they're both generic. Would something else be better? Yeah, sure. This is nice tho and I dig it honestly. Heavier than I thought a new OM&M song would be.