Sign in to follow this  
Lord Rorschach

Fallujah - Dopamine (Single) (2019)

14 posts in this topic

Pretty impressed with this song. Definitely better than the first.

a bit more of a Metalcore vibe on this one but quite nicely executed

• Upvote 1

I hope they make a instrumental version of this album with some yellow tint on that album artwork. 

Song's ok, surely better than the first single. I'm feeling a bit more of their trademark atmosphere in this, but still, the vocals are way too poor.. How do you replace Alex Hofmann with this kid with no range and no lows, he honestly kinda sucks.

Fallujah without lows = no Fallujah to me. 

3 minutes ago, Corpsegrind3r said:

Song's ok, surely better than the first single. I'm feeling a bit more of their trademark atmosphere in this, but still, the vocals are way too poor.. How do you replace Alex Hofmann with this kid with no range and no lows, he honestly kinda sucks.

Fallujah without lows = no Fallujah to me. 

Let’s not be blinded by nostalgia lol. Alex was a good vocalist, yes, but he was pretty one dimensional with his vocals. That being said, I think I would still prefer him to the new guy. 

That aside, I do think this song is better than the previous. My attention is a little more piqued. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah definitely better than the last single but it doesnt look like this album will top the masterpiece of a record which is Dreamless or any prior material, they used to mold the old vocalists voice with the instruments so well and legit created the most beautiful death metal ever created. I want the new vocalist to live up to him but it looks like they are going for a different vibe with this album it might or might not work but I don't it will top previous material.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Predator said:

Let’s not be blinded by nostalgia lol. Alex was a good vocalist, yes, but he was pretty one dimensional with his vocals. That being said, I think I would still prefer him to the new guy. 

That aside, I do think this song is better than the previous. My attention is a little more piqued. 

Okay, i'll try and get more in depth with this then.

It's not about nostalgia (obviously i'm very nostalgic lol, The Flesh Prevails is one of my favorite albums ever), it's more about the general quality of the music.

I think that Alex's lows were more fitting for the music Fallujah plays/used to play, and even with them being quite monotonous, they created a great contrast with the melody and atmosphere of the music.

Then, another important part, if not predominant, was the ambient in which their music was built, the eerie atmosphere they managed to create, and that was all thanks to Alex's work with programming and electronics, which these new songs totally lack. 

So the loss of Alex was more than just vocals, it's influencing the whole of their music, and the new vocalist brought nothing new to the table; instead they seem to have taken a step back in terms of quality, songwriting and complexity. 

It's not just Antonio Palermo being bad at vocals (bad for Fallujah music obviuously), it's a more all-round thing.

So much better than the first track. New vocalist is still super underwhelming though. They should have grabbed someone with range.

The first song grew on me quite a lot on repeated listens after initial disappointment 

Even if I'm still not 100% sold on the new vocalist, the track is WAY better than Ultraviolet.

Liking this more than Ultraviolet, really excited to see how this album is gonna turn out as a whole.

This band is turning more into what Scott Carstairs was hoping for... to put it, a deftones like death metal band.  Y'all don't like it, I'm sure the others that were influenced by this band's upcoming won't let you down.  I fucking love this track, and Ultraviolet, but I'm not looking for Cattle Decapitation vocals.  I can understand this is too screamo for you.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:10 AM, Predator said:

Everything past The Harvest Wombs he kinda was. But his lows were really well done and easy to absorb. Which is why so many people liked him.

The Harvest Womb had him doing a lot of different . His highs were screeching on that one.

This track is so good. Not as good as Ultraviolet (which is overhated btw) but still good. I can't wait for the new record. Idk if it'll be as good as their previous ones but.. If they're taking the heavy route they have to be able to top Harvest. And if they take the atmosphere route they have to try to top Dreamless and Flesh. I guess we'll see when the record drops.