Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
BenjaminBurnley

ONE OK ROCK - Eye of The Storm [Japanese Edition] (2019)

30 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - February 15th, 2019

Genre - Pop Rock, Alternative

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

*Thanks @Satan's Favourite for the bonus Track*

Tracklist:

1. Eye Of The Storm (03:02)
2. Stand Out Fit In (03:34)
3. Head High (03:27)
4. Grow Old Die Young (03:26)
5. Push Back (03:29)
6. Wasted Nights (03:44)
7. Change (02:56)
8. Letting Go (03:20)
9. Worst In Me (03:09)
10. In The Stars (feat. Kiiara) (03:23)
11. Giants (02:44)
12. Unforgettable (03:15)
13. The Last Time (02:50)

14. Can't Wait (03:19) (Bonus Track)

Total length: 45:47

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

Haven't gone through the whole album yet, I'm waiting for 320kbps or lossless before doing so. (Maybe my CDs will show up soon enough.)

From the singles released, I'm not too against the pop sound. I enjoyed Ambitions, so maybe I'll enjoy this too. We'll see.

• Upvote 2

Just now, AiiR said:

Haven't gone through the whole album yet, I'm waiting for 320kbps or lossless before doing so. (Maybe my CDs will show up soon enough.)

From the singles released, I'm not too against the pop sound. I enjoyed Ambitions, so maybe I'll enjoy this too. We'll see.

Eye Of The Storm and Can't Wait - these two songs are awesome, the rest is so-so

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blink182Bouncer said:

Is there going to be an all-english version or no?

I think for the english release cuz this is the Japan release i believe

This is by far their worst album, so disappointed.

• Upvote 2

Those of you who look at my profile see I like this band. Genuinely am disappointed by this album (compared to the rest of their discography, including Ambitions), but don't hate it. It's a (mostly) good pop record. Here's my take on the album (By the way, we should probably notate that this leaked version is the Japanese, that's the English tracklist)

Favorite songs: The Last Time, In The Stars (feat Kiiara), Letting Go, Can't Wait 

Least Favorite songs: Grow Old Die Young, Giants

Eye Of The Storm -  7/10 - Was a bop until they whipped out the t-pain levels of autotune. Other than that, it's different but not bad.

Stand Out Fit In - 8/10 - A song that more resembles the band. Very Powerful message, and a song that is an easy listen on the ears.

Head High - 7/10 - Nice pop track. Some guitar scattered in the song, uplifting message. Good easy listen.

Grow Old Die Young - 4/10 - "I want my cause of death to be amazing sex". I'm sorry, what happened here? Lines like this, and the amount of autotune used in the chorus (which is very repetitive) honestly makes me sad. The only saving grace is the REAL drum work, and the guitar in the background in some portions of the album

Push Back - 6.5/10 - Imagine Dragons sounding song, and it'd be a lot lower if it weren't for that drum work in the chorus. Plus, it sounds kind of like a diss towards their American Label, Fueled By Ramen (which we know is terrible as a label and that Ambitions is the heaviest album any band has ever released from them).

Wasted Nights - 9/10 - The good version of "Grow Old Die Young". My favorite out of the three singles from this album, huge chorus (including the addition of the choir in the second and third). The guitar work in the prechorus is amazing, one of the most prominent uses of the guitar in the album. Very feel-good, happy song.

Change - 8/10 - Absolute bop, follows the huge chorus of Wasted Nights, and it's very catchy. Love the huge range that Taka shows in this song, and the opening riff that is present through a decent portion of the song. Just needs more real instruments...

Letting Go - 9.5/10 - Acoustic song. I'm always a fan of softer songs, especially from this band. The guitar riff is a nice catcher for the song. The fake drum beat ruins this from being a complete 10 though, takes away from the mood of the song.

Worst in Me - 8/10 - Kind of a repetitive song, and the guitar is very drowned. Very nice drum work though. Nice to hear some bass in it too, since this IS a band, after all.

In The Stars (feat Kiiara) - 10/10 - I'll be completely honest, wasn't a big fan of this song at first when the snippet of the first verse and the chorus was released. However, it took some time to grow on me, and grow it most certainly did, even before I heard the full song. Easily the best produced song on the album, with the verses layered in an almost chilling manner (the clicks, atmospheric noise in the background, and the pitched, fading vocals), and in the choruses following the first one, Kiiara and Taka blend so well together (and I was actually kind of pissed at this collab too when I saw it)! Piano intro is lovely, and I love hearing a rawer version of Kiiara, something we didn't even get to hear in "Heavy". Some of the best drum work in the album too (see the prechorus) and the added bass, to add a bonus. Such a chilling song that other than the slight takeaway of the kind of repetitive lyrical content that you can't help but fall in love with it. Another very feel-good song, and it's probably one of the few that'll get added to my playlist when it officially comes out.

Giants - 3/10 - Ugh, wannabe Imagine Dragons. Gets super repetitive, and the drums, vocal style, etc. are all just meant to copy an arguably bad style of rock.

Can't Wait - 9.5/10 - Lovely pop rock song. The Japanese exclusive, shows off Taka's massive vocal talent, and it isn't overly produced. Drum work in this song is the only one to beat out In The Stars, and it's lovely to hear the guitar in the background. 

Unforgettable - 10/10 - Well worth the wait to hear the International version exclusive. Amazing drum work, nice to hear what sounds like a flute in the song (it's probably a synth but hey). Acoustic guitar and raw vocals add to this song. You can definitely tell a band is performing this song, and it's very easy on the ears. 

The Last Time - 11/10 - HOLY SHIT. What a way to end the album. My ONLY complaints with this song is A: Holy shit those notes are way too high to comprehend, B: IT'S TOO SHORT. I love how much this shows off Taka's raw talent, and the song is a banger. Somewhat reminds me of Mind Games Palisades with the alternating drum/guitar leads in the verses. The guitar shines in such a way that it reminds me of a song that could have ended up on Ambitions. Absolutely lovely song to end off the album, just needed to be A LOT longer. Favorite song on the album.

Best album? Hell no. BUT they have always been good, Pop or Rock. I feel since the style change that they should have changed there name as well from ONE OK ROCK to ONE OK POP or just ONE OK. Having the genre in there name kinda limits them.

The album is alright. I just dont know if there is a Japanese version and an all English version cause it seems like this is 90% English with a few lines of Japanese in each song (which I dont mind) but an all English and all Japanese would be nice!

Overall rating, 6/10!

31 minutes ago, SHINEBOXX said:

I just dont know if there is a Japanese version and an all English version cause it seems like this is 90% English with a few lines of Japanese in each song (which I dont mind) but an all English and all Japanese would be nice!

There's both an English & Japanese version. the one with 90% English is the Japanese version. The one with 100% English is the English release.

Was hoping for the Japanese release to have a lot more Japanese than English, but after the "Japanese Version" singles were released, I knew that wasn't happening.

• Upvote 1

Its good but not as good as i had hoped :(

The singles were super good and it seemed they had pulled off mainstream pop really well, but the full record blends together in some boring underwritten pop hooks. Not what i had wanted, i give the record a 5 out of 10.

It's okay. I miss their old sound tbh, their energy and songwriting were at their peak during their Kanjou Effect/Niche Syndrome era.

5 minutes ago, RpgRiser said:

It's okay. I miss their old sound tbh, their energy and songwriting were at their peak during their Kanjou Effect/Niche Syndrome era.

songs are not written by them only by producers that's why these songs are not as cool as they used to be. Toru - their leader only worked on two songs, there's something wrong.

41 minutes ago, AngryBocian said:

songs are not written by them only by producers that's why these songs are not as cool as they used to be. Toru - their leader only worked on two songs, there's something wrong.

Holy shit for real? That is SUCH a waste of their talent.

• Upvote 1

There isn't a single song that I don't like, but also nothing I would be amazed of. I think OOR is best with super rock bangers. There isn't one here. It sounds exactly what it is: Dan Lancaster making a pop record out of a famous rock band. Dan is amazing producer who thinks outside the box with rock music (Don Broco, BMTH). But this isnt exciting at all. But it's still not a flop imo. Favourites: Stand Out Fit In, Giants and Worst In Me

I give this a good snoozefest/10.

Liked them better when they striked my clock :D

• Haha 1

I always see this band every two years with a new album and always confused. What makes this band so special? Whats their personal style? To keep it short: This album sounds like a baby from 30 Seconds to Mars "America" and Imagine Dragon. I couldnt even tell, if this is a japanese band, after many meh english lines. 

Im hearing "Liar" right know from them. This fits much more my style, but i can see, why they are popular with this style right now. I dont bother, if other people love it, i just want to hear smth better :)

Definetly another style, still a good album. If people are not open minded, it's not a reason to say this is not good, when it is, it's just not your style.

320 added!

Is there a all English version too?

"One Ok Pop with boring beats".

Yeah, this album was dull except one track.

I was really looking forward to it.. what a shame.

loved everything they released from first to 35xxxv

liked some songs on ambitions.

but this, i don't know man

faves: Wasted Night, Change, and The Last Time.

some others were good, but seriously half of this is really meh.

The trend of them selling out and mainstreaming themselves was pretty obvious since last few albums, but holy fuck this is the definition of selling out. Literally any other pop rock band could get ina a room full of pop producers for a month and shit out the exact same thing and you wouldn't realize it's OOR or anything else. This is soulless drivel. At least Taka's brother is still doing music that still requires a bit of talent and isn't the most generic garbage possible.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:48 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I think for the english release cuz this is the Japan release i believe

no. this is the international release. the Japan release has Can't Wait, which i sent to BenjaminBurnley to add to the op.

idk if there is any vocal differences on the same tracks, just that Can't Wait replaces Unforgettable.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:57 PM, desk said:

The trend of them selling out and mainstreaming themselves was pretty obvious since last few albums, but holy fuck this is the definition of selling out. Literally any other pop rock band could get ina a room full of pop producers for a month and shit out the exact same thing and you wouldn't realize it's OOR or anything else. This is soulless drivel. At least Taka's brother is still doing music that still requires a bit of talent and isn't the most generic garbage possible.

theyre like a heavier version of All Time Low, i find.

Guest Briluvsyhu

@SHINEBOXX @SHINEBOXX

Well the Rock part in their name isn't the genre they were doing 

They were doing it as kind of a joke or a pun lol 

It's supposed to be 

One O'clock for the time they had band practice or jam sessions

The joke was how sometimes Japanese confuse their Rs and Ls

So when they would say One O'clock it sounds like One Ok Rock 

Sorry for this long reply It was kind of hard to explain lol 

And sorry for tagging ur name twice don't know why it did that lol

Well. Finally listened to the album.

I'm disappointed. RIP my hype. Hoping for something new on their next release, not something like this again.

This actually hurt to finish the album. The singles plus like 2 or 3 other songs are good to me.

The rest of the album is a throw away to me. That sucks for me to say for this band.

Unpopular opinion: I love this change in sound.

It's pretty chill & relaxing, something I enjoy between all the "noisy" metal I listen to.

The only song I didn't enjoy is Grow Old Die Young.

Apart from that, the album is a solidus fun.