calla

La Dispute - RHODONITE AND GRIEF (Single) (2019)

22 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg
Release - February 12th, 2019
Genre - Post-Hardcore, Indie Rock
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:
01. RHODONITE AND GRIEF (3:36)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Love 3

Imagine Dragons 2.0, minus some of the cringe.

• Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, Draxcazel said:

Okay but as much as I can respect opinions. 

They sound nothing like ID

Not jumping to defend these guys, but I don't get the comparison at all 

This being said, I'm prepared for the downvotes, i don't get the hype, just sounds like talking over instruments 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bored To Death said:

Okay but as much as I can respect opinions. 

They sound nothing like ID

Not jumping to defend these guys, but I don't get the comparison at all 

Not the vocals but the instrumentals sound so to me. (In some parts of the song, not entirely. I'm also not saying they copied some riff/tune) Also, the cover art, although that's not really relevant.

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 4

51 minutes ago, Draxcazel said:

this is the furthest you can get from Imagine Dragons in more ways than I could name rn

btw, amazing tune, I wasn't the biggest fan of the last single but I'm really excited for the album after this and Fulton Street. Glad to hear Jordan using this recitative vocal style again, always liked it more than his usual shouting, and now his vocals are actually audible which is a really pleasant surprise. Lyrics will need some deep diving but I'm sure they're a supreme work of art as always, instrumentation is a nice minor departure from their usual stuff with the trumpets and more jazzy chords and drum patterns, but it's still unmistakeably them, especially towards the end. Also the little drone after the song ends makes me hyped for the following track on the album lol

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Draxcazel said:

I'm not even a big fan of this band, but they sound NOTHING like Imagine Dragons. Once you start hearing La Dispute on pop radio, then get back to me lol... spoiler alert, it's not going to happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Imagine Dragons? ;o hahh, have we really listened to the same song? It actually sounds like some old vibes stuff, Radiohead, Portishead or Slowdive, mixed with their delivery. Absolutely love that new single, but I'm honestly objective on that not sounding radio friendly at all.

1 hour ago, Draxcazel said:

but... you liked amo?

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

but... you liked amo?

Yup

• Upvote 1

I haven't liked these guys since Wildlife. It seems like I still won't.  

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

This album is turning out to be the best thing this band has ever done.

Which is turning out to be a very shaky 3/5, maybe 2.5. The god awful vocals have been slightly improved and mixed lower, so I can actually enjoy this a bit.

• Downvote 2

which generation of Pokemon is RHODONITE

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, humbleledger said:

but... you liked amo?

it must be because amo actually goes somewhere, most of the songs have some spirit, cool songwriting ideas, high catch factor and decent lyrics, while Imagine Dragons is as formulaic and manufactured as it gets. It's not an outstanding album by any means, and I'm not defending OP either, but this shouldn't be surprising

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, Jeff ManGummo said:

it must be because amo actually goes somewhere, most of the songs have some spirit, cool songwriting ideas, high catch factor and decent lyrics, while Imagine Dragons is as formulaic and manufactured as it gets. It's not an outstanding album by any means, and I'm not defending OP either, but this shouldn't be surprising

my point was not that amo sounds like ID, rather amo sounds closer to ID than this does. so, be cool man :lol:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

my point was not that amo sounds like ID, rather amo sounds closer to ID than this does. so, be cool man :lol:

I mean, yeah it does, but only by merits of much more pop-leaning production. Definitely more like ID than La Dispute but still isn't too close

I'm in the minority of people that thinks "Rooms of the House" was their best album. i'm glad to see some similarities in these new singles to the style of that album, even if they're small ones

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Worst Wishes said:

I'm in the minority of people that thinks "Rooms of the House" was their best album. i'm glad to see some similarities in these new singles to the style of that album, even if they're small ones

That's because that is their best currently released album.

This new album will probably be better.

6 hours ago, Draxcazel said:

get a load.jpg

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Draxcazel said:

As I always say, I respect each and everyone’s opinions, but this is delusional... No one would ever choose to play La Dispute on a mainstream radio station or whatever... They offer ambient, spoken words and screams.. When is the last time you heard that on a popular radio station?! Imagine dragons have none of those, the vocals and the instrumentals are universes away to even remotely sound similar.

• Upvote 1

All i can see is Like Moths To Flames - Dark Divine in that cover

Wow. That really is very similar to the Dark Divine Reimagined cover.

Retarded comparisons aside, this is a really dope progression from these guys, the horns section is such a nice surprise. Can't wait for this.