09. Faces Behind the Stars (4:48)
10. Destiny Crucified (4:41)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 9
  • Love 7

Yesss Thank you !

I can't be happier realising the fact that 2019 started off strongly with such solid Russian metalcore releases <3

• Upvote 3

My god this is beautiful 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

FUCKING ASCEND BROTHERS

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

For those who have listened are most of the songs on the album like Destiny Crucified or nah?

1 minute ago, Equinox said:

For those who have listened are most of the songs on the album like Destiny Crucified or nah?

There's just ONE slow paced song that progresses really well, so far Destiny Crucified is the most ''non-shokranish''

Just now, DekinhoDesu said:

There's just ONE slow paced song that progresses really well, so far Destiny Crucified is the most ''non-shokranish''

Cool! Because they also released Nature of Paradox and it was okay. Listening to the rest of the album now :)

So far I'm not really enjoying this, instrumental wise it's a lot stronger than Exodus but dear gods I wish the vocalist didn't turn this into HAARP Machine 2.0  (especially going off their new song with him). Seems like ON TOP of his solo project and being the vocalist for HAARP he has an annoying penchant for trying to show off his singing. Gonna have to pass on this record unfortunately alas.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Equinox said:

So far I'm not really enjoying this, instrumental wise it's a lot stronger than Exodus

How on earth is that even possible, I haven't listened yet and you got me curious.

The vocalist showing off pissed me off on Exodus as well. On songs like Revival of Darkness he just wouldn't shut up, even over some insane solos.

Edit: this post came out more rude than I intended. He's a great vocalist, I just wish he would stick more to a "writing for the song" approach. The guitarist here could just noodle for 45 minutes but he chooses not to. Alas the drummer could spam double bass and blast beats at 300 bpm but again he chooses to only use these techniques when appropriate. The vocalist IMO crosses the line towards showing off too much. This is a problem all throughout the Prog genre though so you can't really blame him specifically. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hundegsicht said:

How on earth is that even possible, I haven't listened yet and you got me curious.

The vocalist showing off pissed me off on Exodus as well. On songs like Revival of Darkness he just wouldn't shut up, even over some insane solos.

Trust me, it's really weird. Idk, like I really did like the instrumental part but I got the vibe that the vocalist was trying to market his singing off rather than actually get into it. Idk, they pretty much pulled an Erra and did a Drift compared to Exodus

This is just shockingly beautiful, I didn't expect a thing this big from Shokran. 

Instrumentally speaking, album is top notch, proggy, groovy and melodic in equal parts, and omg those audible bass lines made me cry.

The vocals on the other hand, are what brings Ethereal to a whole new level of beauty, the dude's abilities both in the clean and growled sections are outstanding, and bring enough variation to keep the listener entertained throughout the whole album. 

Only brag is the melodic driven song "Ascention", almost five minutes of basically the same melodies over and over, I got bored after the first half. 

All in all, this might be my fav release from them, and one i'll go on enjoying for a long time.

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

What a great fucking Leak Day this has been. Outline In Color, InVisions, AND Shokran? Not sleeping tonight I guess lmao

The complaints on here about my homie Andrew's vocals are stupid hilarious, they have the instrumental versions too ya'll. He got the job as singer for Shokran for a reason, and as a singer, it isnt cause he sings too much. He didnt have an issue getting into Exodus, cause he killed it on that album. That's the most ridiculous criticism of a singer I have ever heard! Ethereal is their best album to date, the album is all around is top tier. @Equinox every singer markets off their singing. That's their job description, clearly.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DaddyMac said:

The complaints on here about my homie Andrew's vocals are stupid hilarious, they have the instrumental versions too ya'll. He got the job as singer for Shokran for a reason, and as a singer, it isnt cause he sings too much. He didnt have an issue getting into Exodus, cause he killed it on that album. That's the most ridiculous criticism of a singer I have ever heard! Ethereal is their best album to date, the album is all around is top tier. @Equinox every singer markets off their singing. That's their job description, clearly.

Well finally someone backing up my opinion lmao

This album is indeed their best to date, ad the singer is crazy good at what he does, period.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, DaddyMac said:

I agree with this... It's stupid to say a singer wants to display his talent to much... If the dude can sing, let him... If he would restrain, it would sound way worst.

People just dig so deep to find any kind of negative criticism it's just insane... I do appreciate to share my opinion on internet, but it's still the worst thing that was invented,  it gives a voice to all the negativity most people are to afraid to say out loud.

Id give this album a 7/10 mainly because of the mixing and the lack of memorable songs.

This was a great listen, jammed this twice today and I love it.

I can't believe I've never heard this band until tonight. This album is fucking amazing man.

This gets better and better with every listen +1

vamos a ver que tal toca esta banda, nunca la eh escuchado, gracias por el aporte

On 2/8/2019 at 12:31 AM, DaddyMac said:

Just saw this post. I thought the instrumental side was great! I didn't even say he was a bad singer, but ffs it just feels like he's overly showing off his singing, which is lame. Sure, keep that on the HAARP Machine but if I wanted to hear some poppy singing I'd listen to some actual pop like Michael Jackson. You probably got into Erra whenever they released Drift/Drift 2 or Northlane when they released Node too :rolleyes: this path bands are going down nowadays is lame, they just sound like neutered version of their old selves, and no, it wasn't their "heaviness" that's missing. But hey, this is all my opinion, and "every singer markets off their singing. That's their job description, clearly" says to me you missed my point in my opinion.

But hey, if you feel like my first comment offended you, feel free to report me LOL

• Haha 1

@Equinox you're entitled to an opinion, and I gave mine. At least we can laugh about it. No sense in reporting you, that's a punk move.