Ashtiel

Emarosa - Peach Club (2019)

88 posts in this topic

i don't have a terrible amount of experience with this band aside from a listen or two of 131 in the past week or two for the sake of familiarity, and i think it's a pretty solid little record. peach club, also, is a pretty solid little record. i thought it was a bit scant the first time around but the album is kinda growing on me with a second listen. "givin' up", "hell of it", and "IW2DWY" are probably my favorites at the moment.

i dunno if i see myself listening to this thing in the coming months especially with what's right around the corner but i can't deny the band have done pretty well with this transformation in sound/aesthetic. sugary pop tunes about heartbreak & love in general abound don't really work for me right now/where i am in my life atm. but either way, happy for emarosa and wish them nothing but success in the future w/ the release of this album.

also whoever did the artwork for the album/singles needs a raise, would love to see more.

• Upvote 3

Also, maybe you guys can help me! What genre is this? This 80s-style-upbeat,band-driven style? Reminiscent of this and The 1975’s first album. I absolutely love it and I would love to find more like it! 

Thanks in advance! 

15 minutes ago, Aria said:

Also, maybe you guys can help me! What genre is this? This 80s-style-upbeat,band-driven style? Reminiscent of this and The 1975’s first album. I absolutely love it and I would love to find more like it! 

Thanks in advance! 

one of the few compliments I can give this thing is that it's unique, I'm not sure how you would classify it.   

Thanks! Wasn't sure what to think of the change after the first 2 singles released but after a couple listens I couldn't stop and got really excited for this album. 

11 hours ago, Exsanguination45 said:

This is shit

ABA9A09B-6317-40B5-AC10-A9688F7860ED.gif

On 2/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Aria said:

So Bad is THE JAM on this album!

It’s okay but Cautious is the best for sure

On 2/4/2019 at 1:29 PM, Why Nolin? said:

xo, So bad and Don't Cry are just too good, nothing really to say about them besides that.

And “Cautious” f*cking slaps

9 hours ago, Aria said:

Thanks in advance! 

Most recent White Lies album FIVE might be of interest to you.

Miami Horror, Pale Waves, The Wombats and Alvvays are close to what you describe too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

album is called Peach Club cuz it's for vaginas

• Downvote 4

15 hours ago, Aria said:

Thanks in advance! 

The 1975’s second album also had a heavy 80s pop sound too

4 hours ago, CAREBEARS said:

album is called Peach Club cuz it's for vaginas

Yet you have an Amo profile pic and have “Carebears” as your username...🤔🤔🤔

Much better pop album than Amo

Pretty solid album has alot of great catchy tunes on it I'd definitely give this a 8/10.

• Upvote 2

Don't Cry and Cautious are definitely the best songs from this album, So Bad and Help You Out also seem good, but will need to listen to them a bit more. Overall I'd rate it around 5,5/10, pretty fun, but easily forgettable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

@Tedwards_ 

While this would be an amazing suggestion, I’m quite well aware! The 1975 is my favorite band! Thank you though!

@Joseph 

Ill check every single one! Thank you! 

• Upvote 1

Really catchy and pretty solid!!! <3

tenor.gif?itemid=3543691

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Amazing, emarosa writes great music no matter what.

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2019 at 8:01 AM, Aria said:

@Tedwards_ 

While this would be an amazing suggestion, I’m quite well aware! The 1975 is my favorite band! Thank you though!

@Joseph 

Ill check every single one! Thank you! 

You should also check out amarionette, they sound extremely similar to this album. If you like this album then I guarantee you will love the recent amarionette ep and singles (their old music is still good but it sounds like dance gavin dance so it sounds a lot different than this) 

Also holy shit I love this album but I hated don't cry, I think that was an awful choice for a single. Easily the worst song on the album by far 

4 hours ago, SilverMk6 said:

You should also check out amarionette, they sound extremely similar to this album. If you like this album then I guarantee you will love the recent amarionette ep and singles (their old music is still good but it sounds like dance gavin dance so it sounds a lot different than this) 

Also holy shit I love this album but I hated don't cry, I think that was an awful choice for a single. Easily the worst song on the album by far 

I will check it out, thank you! 

i thought I downloaded Maroon 5 for a second there

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

wish they didn't become pop/rock. oh well. some songs here are decent but you wont catch me at their show

So i've been hating on these guys since Versus, but I can finally say that they've released more than 1 different sounding song on an album, and it's great. Favorite songs would be "Don't Cry", and the entire second have of the album starting with "xo" through "Wait, Stay". 

To my honest opinion, this album is amazing..  I give it a 9/10.  every song has great lyrics and great meanings. I love this emarosa. Bradley seems to be getting better and better the more material he releases. yes, it is a very poppy sound, but I like it and it fits this band well.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Lord Kingdom said:

So i've been hating on these guys since Versus, but I can finally say that they've released more than 1 different sounding song on an album, and it's great. Favorite songs would be "Don't Cry", and the entire second have of the album starting with "xo" through "Wait, Stay". 

Interesting. I personally think the first half has all the good songs 

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:56 PM, nstrlpz said:

We get it they are into The 1975 :lol:

Awesome album, this is the first album I really enjoy from them after the last JC one. 

Actually Bradley said the album was inspired by Carly Rae Jepsen's album Emotion. I can definitely hear the influence a lot.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, giovanni96x said:

Actually Bradley said the album was inspired by Carly Rae Jepsen's album Emotion. I can definitely hear the influence a lot.

Oh damn that makes a lot of sense. E•MO•TION is incredible and yeah, I hear the inspiration. 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:57 AM, Aria said:

Thanks in advance! 

I should have made these both one comment, whoops!
I'd like to add DREAMCAR to the list of bands people were recommending to you based on the band-driven-80s-style bands you mentioned! Kill for Candy, Born to Lie, and On the Charts are all good starting point songs.
Also Taylor Swift's 1989 is better than most people give it credit for being!