89 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, moonlover said:

Post count has been modified you simple fuck hahaha

You chat a lot of shit so its probably true :D

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Other Releases by

8 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

I love this album a lot. Bradley is the absolute king of pop melodies, at least within the scene. Every song is so infectious and catchy with good lyrics too. I also think that instrumentally, they didn’t sacrifice too much complexity transitioning from 131 to PC. This sound is honestly exactly what I wanted them to get to cause it works so well. I do think some, maybe even most songs are repetitive, especially Get Back Up and Hell of It, but the repetitive songs have so much to like about them that I can forgive it. Feeling an 8/10 on this.

Favorites: Givin’ Up, Cautious, So Bad(!!), Hell of It

Least favorite: xo

So Bad is THE JAM on this album!

• Love 1

What a nice surprise to come home from work to. Many thanks as always!

I'll have to play this through the week to really get a feel for it, but so far I can dig it!

It’s always tough for a band so rooted in one genre scene to pull off a transition like this... but I think they absolutely nailed it. It feels like so much passion and care went into the little nuances of each song, they really fully embraced their new direction and made it their own.

Tracks like “Help You Out”, “Hell Of It”, and “Wait, Stay” still feel like Emarosa from the past two albums with a new twist... and even at this album’s most poppy moments, Bradley’s songwriting and vocals keep it emotionally grounded. I’m very impressed.

• Upvote 4

Brilliant album, lots of great tunes. So far hardly anyone has mentioned my favorites (xo, Don’t Cry, Wait Stay) but that’s alright. Fuck their phxc sound, it was boring for the most part. This sound works for them. Surprised to see so much love for So Bad though, I’m pretty sure I slammed that song in my review for being meh but I guess I’m alone on that opinion haha. 

To be honest, my expectations were pretty low, i didn't listened the preview, maybe one single.  i'm not a big fan of the album, but i still think they're going in the right direction. First half of it is fun and refreshing. "Don't cry" and "Cautious" are amazing. Next album will be huge, that's for sure!

• Upvote 1

ooooooooooooo yeah let's go

TAILORED SHEETS!!!

8 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

TAILORED SHEETS!!!

TO FIX THIS DIRTY BEEEEEEEED

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Brilliant album, lots of great tunes. So far hardly anyone has mentioned my favorites (xo, Don’t Cry, Wait Stay) but that’s alright. Fuck their phxc sound, it was boring for the most part. This sound works for them. Surprised to see so much love for So Bad though, I’m pretty sure I slammed that song in my review for being meh but I guess I’m alone on that opinion haha. 

xo, So bad and Don't Cry are just too good, nothing really to say about them besides that.

Why the fuck is everyone comparing this to amo. Completely different band, completely different genres, completely different lyric content, stop being so butthurt and learn to enjoy without having to talk shit about something you didn't like as if you were owed liking it or something lol

• Upvote 2

Okay just finished listening to this. It's much better than I expected and I am so GLAD because this album is full of BOPS. Can't wait to get the lyrics and enjoy this 100%.

4 hours ago, AMNESIK said:

To be honest, my expectations were pretty low, i didn't listened the preview, maybe one single.  i'm not a big fan of the album, but i still think they're going in the right direction. First half of it is fun and refreshing. "Don't cry" and "Cautious" are amazing. Next album will be huge, that's for sure!

That's my hopeful sentiment! Maybe a whole cycle of touring this album will help them refine their sound.
I'm hopeful at least :pray:

5 hours ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

So Bad gives me hella Prince vibes which is probably why I love it haha

I like it :3

so much praise, I just do not get it.  so much of this sounds like top 40, common denominator pandering.

and I see so many people (not here, of course) dismissing negative comments with 'jonnys been gone for years get over it'.  seriously, I think 131 and versus were awesome, the latter out shining jonnys work with the band...

• Downvote 1

THIS is what I always wanted in an Emarosa album! It's a great balance between the chilled out remix EPs and the upbeat bangers. Bradley Walden taking over vocals was the best thing for the band and now they've expanded to exactly where I hoped they'd go with their sound since first listening to them in 2014.

I loved Versus, 131 was not my thing tbh...

And this one, Peach Club, it is amazing.

Can't believe I was SOOO hyped about AMO, and it was pretty weak...then Emarosa comes and makes this masterpiece, this guys deserve so much recognition with this one, really glad for them.

• Downvote 2

I'm really digging the new sound, the grooves are great, and the soft songs are really nice to just chill to.  Solid album!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, moonlover said:

C70ChFFVUAEEi5z.jpg

band is trash

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gabox said:

the structure of the songs are so predictable, this is just an last ditch effort to go mainstream (teen pop), but is not going to happen.

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 1

I wish  I was high as you guys to actually see the comparison between this and amo.
Huge 80`s vibe and I love it.

• Upvote 1

Chapel did this better. 

• Upvote 1

We get it they are into The 1975 :lol:

Awesome album, this is the first album I really enjoy from them after the last JC one. 

7 minutes ago, CAREBEARS said:

oof. swing and a miss.

he said, with an 'amo' profile pic :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i don't have a terrible amount of experience with this band aside from a listen or two of 131 in the past week or two for the sake of familiarity, and i think it's a pretty solid little record. peach club, also, is a pretty solid little record. i thought it was a bit scant the first time around but the album is kinda growing on me with a second listen. "givin' up", "hell of it", and "IW2DWY" are probably my favorites at the moment.

i dunno if i see myself listening to this thing in the coming months especially with what's right around the corner but i can't deny the band have done pretty well with this transformation in sound/aesthetic. sugary pop tunes about heartbreak & love in general abound don't really work for me right now/where i am in my life atm. but either way, happy for emarosa and wish them nothing but success in the future w/ the release of this album.

also whoever did the artwork for the album/singles needs a raise, would love to see more.

• Upvote 3