serafina

The Holly Springs Disaster - Motion Sickness Love / The Home Alone EP (2007/2006)

21 posts in this topic

cover.jpg
Release - September 18th, 2007 / June 26th, 2006

Genre - Metalcore, Southern Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

**thanks to @Davison for supplying ALL of this.**

Tracklist (Motion Sickness Love) (Demos are 128/96 kbps):

01. I Am... (00:34)
02. Up In Smoke (03:08)
03. I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills (03:01)
04. Showdown (04:23)
05. My Pet Monster (02:54)
06. I D.A.R.E. David Bowie To Drive Drunk (03:33)
07. Absolut Balderdash (03:07)
08. Nice Night For A Neck Injury (Suck Brick Kid) (03:50)
09. I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills (Demo) (03:05)
10. Showdown (Demo) (03:20)
11. My Pet Monster (Demo) (02:54)
12. I D.A.R.E David Bowie To Drive Drunk (Instrumental) (03:37)
13. Absolut Balderdash (Demo) (02:58)

Tracklist (Home Alone EP):
01. A Nice Night For A Neck Injury (03:35)
02. Get Out Of Here You Nosey Little Pervert Or I'm Gonna Slap You Silly (02:25)
03. Say It Again, Maybe It Will Happen (03:10)

Unreleased (320/256):

01. King Kong (03:41)
02. Godzilla (03:18)
03. Road Rash (Instrumental) (02:55)
04. King Kong (Instrumental) (03:38)

Download

• Love 1

Damn never heard of them, some ETID feels here and there

Wow! Been so long since I’ve listened to these guys. This brings me back..Thanks for posting!

Haha this was one of those hot topic screamy bands, and then they discovered ETID and the Chariot and started wearing flannel. 

Nostalgia! Thanks for the upload.

Oh man! This brings me back. Can't wait for Mike Froh's new stuff! (Yes you should check out his new single hah)

4 hours ago, filoufelin said:

I AM ROCK N ROOOOOOOLL

Sweet add! thank you!

Dude! Which specific track is that from?? That’s all I remember of these guys lol

John gourley from portugal the man did the artwork. Crazy but its dope

21 hours ago, Ashtiel said:

cover.jpg
Release - September 18th, 2007 / June 26th, 2006

Genre - Metalcore, Southern Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

**thanks to @Davison for supplying ALL of this.**

Tracklist (Motion Sickness Love) (Demos are 128/96 kbps):

01. I Am... (00:34)
02. Up In Smoke (03:08)
03. I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills (03:01)
04. Showdown (04:23)
05. My Pet Monster (02:54)
06. I D.A.R.E. David Bowie To Drive Drunk (03:33)
07. Absolut Balderdash (03:07)
08. Nice Night For A Neck Injury (Suck Brick Kid) (03:50)
09. I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills (Demo) (03:05)
10. Showdown (Demo) (03:20)
11. My Pet Monster (Demo) (02:54)
12. I D.A.R.E David Bowie To Drive Drunk (Instrumental) (03:37)
13. Absolut Balderdash (Demo) (02:58)

Tracklist (Home Alone EP):
01. A Nice Night For A Neck Injury (03:35)
02. Get Out Of Here You Nosey Little Pervert Or I'm Gonna Slap You Silly (02:25)
03. Say It Again, Maybe It Will Happen (03:10)

Unreleased (320/256):

01. King Kong (03:41)
02. Godzilla (03:18)
03. Road Rash (Instrumental) (02:55)
04. King Kong (Instrumental) (03:38)

Download

How did you locate those demos and how did you get the studio files of king kong & godzilla those 2 songs were never officially released and all thats been released so far is live videos from the farewell tour like absolute shit quality @Davison, i fucking knew studio versions existed so thanks a whole bunch these songs are like holy grails for THSD fans, they apparently finnished recording a album that we never got to hear which to this day absolutely pisses me off! I know the instrumental versions of godzilla & road rash they uploaded to there myspace when they were searching for a vocalist after michael froh departed but nothing came of it and they went ahead with the farewell tour. Holy fuck this is so insane man!!!

25 minutes ago, alwaysemmabean.1207 said:

How did you locate those demos and how did you get the studio files of king kong & godzilla those 2 songs were never officially released and all thats been released so far is live videos from the farewell tour like absolute shit quality @Davison, i fucking knew studio versions existed so thanks a whole bunch these songs are like holy grails for THSD fans, they apparently finnished recording a album that we never got to hear which to this day absolutely pisses me off! I know the instrumental versions of godzilla & road rash they uploaded to there myspace when they were searching for a vocalist after michael froh departed but nothing came of it and they went ahead with the farewell tour. Holy fuck this is so insane man!!!

There is no unheard album. They had avout 6-7 instrumentals and mike before he quit, tracked vocals for godzilla and king kong (demo versions). I can 100% say there is NO official album that is shelved. Just demos amd most are included here. Theres a few others but they were not finished. This rumorngot started when baptized in bloods singer said he heard the unheard album, which i cannwith first hand knowledge say he just heard these demos and some untitled instrumentals that Dan the drummer had been working on. Hope this clears that up

Oh and the reason those two sound somewhat studio quality is hecause they used the drum samples from their previous ep , all these demps were tracked in their apartment with thendrums being sampled. Mike did the vox for thendemos in his closet. 

4 minutes ago, codeorange said:

There is no unheard album. They had avout 6-7 instrumentals and mike before he quit, tracked vocals for godzilla and king kong (demo versions). I can 100% say there is NO official album that is shelved. Just demos amd most are included here. Theres a few others but they were not finished. This rumorngot started when baptized in bloods singer said he heard the unheard album, which i cannwith first hand knowledge say he just heard these demos and some untitled instrumentals that Dan the drummer had been working on. Hope this clears that up

Not a problem i just knew whoever posted this had to have had knowledge about the band becuase its not like a extremly popular band and they only had a short stint moose jaw LEGENDS, ive been scowering the internet for years to find those 2 "studio" versions and i kinda figured a unheard album was bs becuase it was only ever those 2 songs they played live so i had a feeling anyways, wait you say Most are included here....well what other demos is in the vault exactly? Just curious and again cant say thanks enough still own the vinyl of motion sickness love a personal grail of mine, i remember seeing them at the dungeon in oshawa they tore up that place

11 minutes ago, codeorange said:

Oh and the reason those two sound somewhat studio quality is hecause they used the drum samples from their previous ep , all these demps were tracked in their apartment with thendrums being sampled. Mike did the vox for thendemos in his closet. 

Okay ive just never heard that version before and kinda freaked out haha i expected them to be the low quality live versions found on youtube and kinda had a brain melt when i realized these i have never heard, i remember the instrumentals well the 2 atleast, and i was unaware about the demos added onto the motion sickness love. These guys were easily one of my favourite bands and was shitty to see them call it quits but i did catch all the shows on the short reunion tour 

Im going to look on an old hard drive. I had 5 more instrumentals. One of which Dan said  he didnt know if it would be a THSD song or a song for a side project cause the other members thought it was too similar to his old band straight reads the line. I toured with the band and went with them to record their ep in cali to record with Zack at castoe ultimate. We stayed at sam pura's old panda studios in his apartment. Good times. If i find that hard drive ill up the instrumentals for you

Holy heck never thought I would see this band's name again, got excited for a second and thought they were reuniting. Was there ever more than the one album by the singer's next project, Dear Solace?

Oh man thanks for this!
Never had been able to find the EP or some of these unreleased tracks!

Used to hang out with Dan and some other  dudes from bands of this era, all great guys! Dan always got a kick out of me telling him that I love to drum along to the Holly Springs Album!