Tracklist:

1. Ultraviolet

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

HOW THE FUCK DID I SCROLL PAST THIS AND NOT EVEN NOTICE OJGOSGJSKLGJDSKJGLS: ITS FINALLY HERE.

Not suuuuper crazy on the logo and album art here personally buut it'll grow on me with time.

• Upvote 1

Wonder who the new vocalist is...

i have mixed feelings on this right now :/ I like the instrumental but I’m not entirely keen on the vocals 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Predator said:

Wonder who the new vocalist is...

i have mixed feelings on this right now :/ I like the instrumental but I’m not entirely keen on the vocals 

Same here, that's Antonio Palermo. He did guest vocals on a track from The Harvest Wombs (Prison of the Mind)

Been a long time lurker, made an account to comment on this post. Instrumentally this is fantastic, but vocally.. man, I am not impressed or into it. It comes across as stale. If they release an instrumental version of the upcoming album, sign me up. But as of now, I have lost any previous hype. 

Ugh. Another incredible metal band falling to shit. Instrumentally it's still great, but the new vocalist changes their dynamic way too much. This is extremely anti-climactic. Not sure why they made us all wait this long just to not deliver. I'm really hoping the rest of the album makes up for it.

• Upvote 2

I think it's fantastic but I can see the change in vocal styles being a big turn off for more traditional death metal fans.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm...I wouldn't say the vocals are bad, but they do seem to take something away from their sound. I've always thought this was a very talented young band carving out a good path. I hope it grows on me...on the fence about it.

this is legitimately underwhelming. after Rivers of Nihil's release last year, im gonna need Fallujah to step it up in a big way

WTF vocalist is a huge step down.

one of my fav bands has changed for the worse... :(

Glad I'm not the only one not digging the vocals... I loved the last two records and was really looking forward to new material but I'm just not feeling this :(

The vocals are passable, but I never listened to these guys for vocals. The previous vocalist was far too monotonous most of the time. Instrumentally, which is where these guys truly shine, this is a let down. They have some CRAZY material and this song feels like them kind of stepping away from that and into more straightforward territory. The riffs here were just meh. 

I don't mind the new vocals. They sort of remind me of Mike Hranica's style from The Devil Wears Prada. Odd style for this kind of band I think, but I also think it works out pretty well.

Happy to finally hear some new music from these guys.

When compared to earlier works, this falls more in line with an intro track than anything.

They did say they were changing things up, so hopefully we get something with a little more substance before the album release in March.

Is it me or the vocals are not bad by their nature, but because of the mix? The voice seems kind of burried in the mix

Fallujah has always been one of the most interesting bands in the death metal scene, worldwide. The way they captured the beauty and the brutality at the same time, it's a huge plus. But this song is okay, vocals are mediocre IMO. Just regular mids, hopefully the album will have some MORE lows. Antonio Palermo (the new Fallujah vocalist) was the vocalist of the AMAZING band Underling. If the band can mix the post-black metal sound and feeling that Underling had with the brutality of the death metal only Fallujah could do, they will deliver THE BEST METAL ALBUM OF THE YEAR. I'm calling it.

music is great but the vocals are lacking some dynamics 

I am not even gonna listen to it after reading the comments. Too much negativity. Will wait until i forget all of this and try to get a unbiased listen.

• Upvote 1

As a long time fan, i feel i must say this is a huge stepback in terms of songwriting quality, and the new vocalist is such a massive letdown.

Losing Alex not only they lost much of the aggression balancing the melodic and eerie parts of their music, but also the atmospheric feel to their music since he was responsible for all the synth and electronic parts, which were an important part of their music.

This is generic and feels way too much unispired at times, both musically and vocally. 

I hope this ends up being just a missed shot and not the overall theme of the new album.

I feel like alot of people are being unfair with this song just because of the vocalist change calling it generic and watered down.

I personally don't see it. This guy has crazy screams and sounds extremely similar to Mike Hranica. With TDWP being my favorite band in Middle/High School perhaps I'm a little biased. But I welcome this change. Along with how their songwriting has changed.

Bass is audible, that's an improvement in mixing. The solo proved, while not 5th dimensional its still Fallujah. The solo sounds like it could've easily been on Flesh Prevails or Dreamless. The rest of the song sounds like Harvest Wombs. I think its a good mixture of everything. Though not a perfect song.

Feel free to disagree with me but I can't wait for the upcoming record. That's the real test of it can live up to Fallujah's past records. Great song!