BenjaminBurnley

Bring Me the Horizon - amo (2019)

277 posts in this topic

I went into this album expecting to not like it. The more I listen to this album the more I fucking LOVE it. So different for them, but they pull it off so fucking well. Probably a 9.5/10 album for me and will most likely be in my top 10 AOTYs of 2019. This album is really something else. 

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

i won't lie and say i think it's a masterpiece. it's a good album. i don't like every song, that's expected, but i do like most. dropping MANTRA before the rest of the album was a smart move, and eased me into their nee sound. overall the album is an 8/10. not what i expected from them, and that's a good thing.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:20 PM, eistod said:

People can't handle change, I guess.

Or people just like different things? Now there's a weird thought.

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2019 at 9:45 PM, Eatlightning said:

It will shape music heavily for the next few years

i don't hate this album, but I certainly hope not. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, humbleledger said:

i don't hate this album, but I certainly hope not. 

He's probably right though, look how much BMTH has with every album from Sempiternal onward, they're very big trend setters 

On 1/27/2019 at 5:45 AM, Eatlightning said:

It will shape music heavily for the next few years and has inspired the fuck out of me.

This album might make more bands go softer/sellout/whatever because a lot of bands for some reason think that if a superior band did it they can as well, but as far as it being innovative? Not at all. As a band they experimented and delivered their most eclectic album yet, but majority of the songs here don't have anything new about them, hell, songs like Medicine, In The Dark and Mother Tongue have been around since 2012-2016 they were just packaged slightly different and you probably didn't care about them then. If you think that this album will somehow be even half as influential as Sempiternal you're delusional, because at least with that sound there was something for others to 'steal' and cling on as it was fairly original and in a sense still is, since majority of bands failed miserably in replicating the songwriting BMTH had there, but with this one? Besides certain songs there's nothing, instead BMTH took a fuckton of influences and BMTH-ised them.

• Upvote 3

TU AS TUÉ MON BÉBÉ

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

This album further cements Architects as the true pride and glory of the UK. 

My mind is still processing if it's yea or nay.

Tried to like this album but it's just not my cup of tea.. maybe next one won't be to SOFT 😂

Found that while these songs are new for the band and are for the most part good. I find that this isn't something with replay value. It seems to be an experience that I wanted to hear once or twice then it could literally be forgotten.

I miss the old days and I appreciate the new sound. But this isn't something I'll have on everyday like their previous albums. 

Hearing the reactions to this album, I should've stayed away I'm glad I didn't though. Personally I'm not a metalhead, I love metalcore, Post hardcore etc but I'm also a heavy electronic, alternative, r&b, pop etc listener and I must say this album hits a sweet spot of blending so many parts of my favorite genres together in a seamless way it's amazing. I came in expecting this to be worse than TTS (My favorite BMTH album) in my opinion but honestly I think they are about the same in terms of enjoy-ability for completely different reasons tho. My personal score is an 8.5/10

Mini Review (OPINION):

1. I apologise if you feel something - (not a fan of the beginning however as the vocals come in I like it, also love those EDM type vocal chops that are dancing around ever so often )
  2. MANTRA - (BMTH IS BACK! this fits more on TTS imo, would've been one of the better cuts on that album, amazing chorus and I like the lyrics, good enough favorite part is that bridge near the end, amazing synth section and the vocals here are wonderful)
  3. Nihlist blues - (Amazing instrumentation here, love the drop-esque chorus, amazing basses post chorus, the lyrics are amazing and I love the vocals)
  4. in the dark - (love the atmosphere, vocals,the guitars are amazing and i love the melodies as well as lyrics)
  5. wonderful life - (nice enough lyrics, love the instrumentation wish it had more screams on it especially since Dani Freaking Filth is on it, those screams after he says I got bounce tho holy shit REEEEEEE motherfuckers, I love that breakdown alot.)
  6. ouch -  (I love every single thing about this instrumental piece, the vocals are amazing, the chords, that chopped horn section with the glitchy drums, the drumming, the synths, the lyrics, honestly my favorite track on the album even though it's not a song)
  7. Medicine - (wonderful pop rock song and not very distant from most of their past work just alot more poppy and it works well, chorus is catchy as hell, lyrics aren't that amazing but they work, love the electronic bits sprinkled all over the song, too many repeats of the chorus imo tho but still amazing)
  8. SHIT - ( at first listen didn't like this that much but that falsetto chorus is catchy as hell and makes up for the boring beginning imo, the main riff is great too, love the breakdown that solo and screaming are worth the wait)
  9. why you gotta kick me when i'm down - (Reminds me alot of All in by ISS a song I really loved, similar way of going about the rhythm, love the rap singing, that chorus is so huge definitely an anthem, love the lyrics aimed at those who don't get the growth, That drop at the end is filthy!)
  10. fresh bruises - (reminds me of those lo-fi electronic songs, love that bass an drum section, I can definitely hear the influences from garage and house ect, again I love those pitched vocals)
  11. mother tongue - (So bright and poppy, I mean not a single dark lyric or anything but I get why and it really shows his appreciation for his wife, amazing chorus, love the electronic influences in this one as well)
  12. heavy metal - (haha those lyrics are aimed at so many of you guys, I dig it especially those beat boxing sections, amazing melodies, that end tho br00tal as fuck)
  13. i don't know what to say - ( those string sections are well executed, love the progression of the song and the lyrics are very heartfelt, RIP, best way to finish the album and I think this song captures alot of the best elements of the album)

All in all I love this and am  certainly looking forward to the follow up to this album

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

after listening to this record more than 20 times, i must say i love it. at first the non-singles were surprising in that they weren't typical BMTH rock/post-hardcore and it took me a few spins to like them. while the best songs are mantra, wonderful life, medicine, and heavy metal (love the lyrics and that ending lol), i also liked every song except for ouch and fresh bruises. a dark horse strong song here is i dont know what to say. easily AOTM and AOTY contender

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

At first I was interested.
Then I fell in love
Now it's an obsession
Amazing album all the way.

• Upvote 2

In my opinion overrated :( 5,5/10

I'm still in mourning, these guys have amazing song writing ability and it's shameful to put out an album that has absolutely no depth.. this would've made more sense if it was a Grimes sideline project ..

.. Even my mom was like "that's not a very cool way to come out of the closet?" 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

No replay ability apart from a few tracks ( WL, NB) That's the Spirit did it better. 

• Upvote 1

Broken links for Flac, please help me download flac.

4 hours ago, Hibla said:

Broken links for Flac, please help me download flac.

One of the FLAC links works. So no they all aren't broken 

Still my favorite album of 2019

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

One of the FLAC links works. So no they all aren't broken 

Does not the case bring me the horizon amo album. Both links for flac are not working. you can see in the images below

zippyshare.jpg.0e7d0a1f4a37b34d9db7fe1265cf1ee6.jpgpasstheleaks.jpg.470f904357d8371cf4ed494dcb8c36d8.jpg

why you gotta kick me when i'm down is starting to become one of my favorites

• Upvote 1

So, after a thousand more listens, I can surely say, this is my AOTY currently.

i apologise if you feel something - very interesting opener. Love the electronical work in this one. Best interlude of this album.

MANTRA - Probably the song which could have been on TTS, aswell. From the singles, this one was my favorite. Very catchy alt. rock with some pop influence, I approve of it. 

nihilist blues (ft. Grimes) - This song is like the most different song on the album. And it's INSANE. The EDM and electronic works perfectly and the Grimes feature was a damn good decision.

in the dark - Jordan said it's a "dark pop song" and not having any guitars, though I would say it's more like a alternative rock ballad if anything. Not a bad song at all.

wonderful life (ft. Dani Filth) - This song is probably one of the heaviest, if not, the heaviest track on the album. It's pretty good nu metal which reminds me of Happy Song. And this breakdown...just great.

ouch - Love the title of this song. A short "nightcore-ish" song which basically disses on Follow You. There's nothing else to say.

medicine - It's a soulful pop-rock song with a high catchyness to it. The only thing's I do not really like are the music video and the cover of the single, they are very weird to me. Otherwise, cool song.

sugar honey, ice and tea - I totally can see why a lot of people love this song. It's full of energy, has a very nice vibe to it and is just fun to listen to. The high falsetto somehow works and I don't know, it's just the type of song where you can just shut down and sing along. 

why you gotta kick me when I'm down? - Oli is able to rap. He proved that in this song. It's so random, it can be considered rap-rock and that's fine, I dig it. The bridge is probably the angriest I heared Oli since Sempiternal.

fresh bruises - Not much to say. 3 minute electronic...even if this was not really needed. But it's there. 

mother tongue - This is the song where people were really split, as it's the poppiest song on the album for sure. It was said it would be the "Drown" of this album, though it did not really have that high energy of "Drown". So I don't know. Song itself has a good vibe to it, but yeah, I kinda expected more energy from this one.

heavy metal [ft. Rahzel] - And that is where the "energy" went in. Heavy Metal is one catchy track, somehow a good banger and not even talking about the last 10 seconds of the song where Oli

is going all "Count Your Blessings" like again. The beatboxing both feels out of place, but fits somehow. Overall, the song is ironic as fuck and I love it.

i don't know what to say - So, I did not know what to think how it could be when I heard about this song, but after listening to it, it straight killed my doubts. It's one beautiful piece of orchestral music, combined with rock. I remember having seen a review of amo and it was technically described as a song where you could close your eyes and imagine you being at a dramatic ballet performance. I went like "what?", but in the last minute, you're just completely mindblown, as the description actually fits somewhat. One worthy finisher of a album and the most beautiful BMTH have sounded since a long time. And the story behind the song is very sad, so here, rest in peace Aiden. 

So, as you can see, the album really played with my feelings, but overall, probably a hitter of an album. I'd prefer this album over Count Your Blessings, just because it shows how well matured they have become. Every song is different and even if you hate the album, you cannot deny that at least a lot of thought is behind this album. Let's see where BMTH will go next in terms of music.

• Upvote 1

You know, i rated this highly on my first listens. But this album has severely dropped off in quality since then, and has next to no replayability to me

• Upvote 1

This album is definitely in my top 5 for this year

3 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

This album is definitely in my top 5 for this year

3 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

Maybe I need a relisten

GRAMMY NOMINATED ALBUM, BOYS

• Love 2
  • Downvote 1