All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
BenjaminBurnley

Bring Me the Horizon - amo (2019)

291 posts in this topic

Seems to be a misprint on the vinyl sleeve. The CD case has it written as "ouch".

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

On 1/23/2019 at 7:29 PM, deviationz said:

Was mixed on the singles but WOW this sounds fucking amazing all together

*TRACK BY TRACK BELOW*

i apologize if you fell something - cool ambience 

MANTRA - cool way to start up the new album cycle. one of the heavier songs, goof bridge from TTS style to new diversity

nihlist blues - wow that was something special....and different. if you hadn't heard any song since Sempiternal and put this on, you wouldn't know it was them. very cool and unique

in the dark - bmth's twist on the modern "alt rock" style, very cool, has dope strings and they pull it off well

wonderful life - depends on the listener, but probably the heaviest instrumentally. unique vocals imo, wery weird and eeiry. chorus was made to be sung until you blow your voice from the top of the empire state building 

ouch - another interlude, pretty cool imo, liked parts of it, but its just an interlude

medicine - "iTs A pOp SoNg" lol top 3 song on the album. live verson on bbc radio really helped me appreciate the song and feel all the instruments involved that you didn't hear before

sugar honey ice & tea - DING DING DING! my personal favorite. i personally think it could be the heaviest on the record. oli fuckin killed his vocals on this. riffs and instrumentals are dope af. jordan's falsetto's breath fresh air into the chorus. pre-chorus and the bridge slaps. the whole song sounds so fresh, natural, and emotional. say what you want this IS the song. granted, this is not an arena song like MANTRA or wonderful life that people will scream at the top of their lungs. however, I could 100% see this song going hard as fuck live. with some fat guitar tones, oli's signature screams, and top notch live show, this would be one banger of a start to their show

why you gotta kick me when im down? - the bridge sent chills down my spine. oli just let all that divorce shit out. no fucks given

fresh bruises - interlude, gives the listener a few minute break after 3 of the best songs on the record. not much to it, mostly ambience and electronics.

mother tongue - least favorite, chorus a bit under-par compared to others. granted, i can't say much about this since it is a pretty personal love song to oli's new wife

heavy metal - troll. good song though, another one of those different songs like nihlist blues.

i dont know what to say - great buildup song. a lot of songs i hear will build up to nothing, this one does not disappoint

SPOT ON REVIEW! YOU WIN :wub:

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Gabriel Santos said:

*Track by Track opinions*:

i apologise if you feel something - pretty cool intro, the vocals kinda remind me of Mike Shinoda using vocalizer live (7/10)

MANTRA - imo this one feels like it's a bonus track from TTS, great track (8/10)

nihilist blues - tbh i'm a little disappointed on how grimes features this, but it's a good song... (6/10)

in the dark - i like this one, the guitars are dope and vocals are nice too (8/10)

wonderful life - great song, probably the heaviest in terms of instrumental, and I think this one have powerful chorus (9/10)

ouch - again, little disappointed on this one, cause I was expecting something angry on "I know I said I was under your spell / But this hex is on another level / I know I said you could drag me through hell / But I hoped you wouldn't fuck the devil", overall pretty decent interlude (5/10)

medicine - definitely one of my favorites, the lyrics are just amazing, and IDGAF if it's "poppy" (10/10)

sugar honey ice & tea (s.h.i.t.) - pretty nice instrumentals, chorus catchy af and vocals are nice (8/10)

why you gotta kick me when i'm down? - this me remind me of 30STM's "new" album, very different listening to Oli doing some rap... pretty nice one (9/10)

fresh bruises - imo too long for a interlude, and ANOTHER INTERLUDE? idk, I don't think it was necessary. (3/10)

mother tongue - don't say you love me FALA AMOOOOO, being a brazilian guy this one catch me right on the heart lol, although I think it could have more lyrics, cause the pre-chorus is the chorus w different instrumentals only and that spoken part was a bit cringe.... pretty nice one to the crowd sing live (9/10)

heavy metal - that's what I call a feat, nice one, nice lyrics, straight to the point, nice instrumentals and a big FU** YOU to those boring people that "BRinG mE tHe OLd BmTH" (10/10)

i don't know what to say - nice oneeeee, I think would be better if they just had keep it acoustic, those guitars at the beginning hyped me (10/10)

overall, it's definitely something different from everything that they had done before and that does not mean it's bad. (7.8/10)

Another WINNER! lol :wub:

"Some people are alot like clouds you know" :jams: :)

4 hours ago, chuway said:

I really need to separate them from the band that released Sempiternal and all those heavier albums and listen to this with an open mind cause I do like some pop music. phew...

Its a unique problem to have but I think they’ve pulled it off. 

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

It’s okay. ??‍♀️

Happy I didn’t pre-order cause I’d be much harsher if I had paid for it.

#bringmebackthehorizon

I like some tracks and don't like others. My brain is confused at the moment!

5/10 I guess.

Edit: defo needs a few listens to appreciate more. 

6.5/10 - decent!

Edit: 7.5/10 ffs lol. :P

Firstly, lemme get this out of the way: I'm not a BMTH fan, never was, nor am right now.

But after listening to this album a couple times, it surely has grown on me, sure there's some small gripes but overall, it's a fun album, something I can listen to in a chill mood, sipping some chocolate. I love the poppy tracks as well and the relatively heavier tracks on it are (imo) still poppy which I quite dig.

AOTM.

• Upvote 3

Bloody Hell.

everything besides medicine goes straight to the bin

If you told me a year ago that all the singles leading up to BMTH's new album were so bad that I would literally not even listen to the album I would have called you insane.

Where to start...

I've listened to this about 3-4 times in full now, and this album really is not as bad as people are saying, and I was was pretty 50/50 about how they were gonna pull it off. 

BMTH were always going to take this path, they said that after they released TTS, so nobody should be surprised.

I think they pulled this off really well. Even songs like Nihilist Blues grew on me way quicker than I thought, I just wasn't a fan of the interludes, I really don't see the need for them being here at all.

And the intro was a bit of a let down just compared to Doomed and how massive that intro was.

Although they have scrapped a majority of  "heavy" parts from their songs, this doesn't stray too far from TTS, or their own sound that you can tell it's BMTH.

Massively surprised by this, experimental and each song holds another surprise around the corner.

Favourite Tracks:

- why you gotta kick me when i'm down?

- sugar honey ice & tea

- heavy metal

- in the dark

7.5/10

• Love 1

to be honest. I feel like this is their best record since there is a hell. :)

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, byJAYKAY said:

Worst thing ive heard. Only Medicine and MANTRA stay. Thanks for the letdown. People who call this the best record should get into therapy.

Let´s go to the THERAPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

First I'll say anybody who expected a record that was heavy from Bring Me in 2019 is obviously delusional. Second, I fucking love this album. I dont know if my expectations were high (at first with all the hype they were) but right before I listened to the leak I thought about how Oli said to disregard everything we thought we knew of Bring Me the Horizon and so I just...did. And the album honestly took me on a pleasant journey. Some tracks are radically different from others and some are a similar vibe but with new twists so as not to recycle the sound. Love amo or hate it at the very least it is an innovative and exciting push for them. Revisit Doomed and Run off TTS or even CYFMH and Deathbeds and you can see this change was being paved since Oli got out of rehab. Personally I dont believe they're making this type of music to sell out but because they of course love metal and where they came from but much like you're not the same edgelord scene kid you used to be,  neither are they. Be honest, do you really want to hear songs about drinking, sex, and partying from a bunch of grown men with fringes for 6 records?

Edit: a lot of people are saying they dont like the interludes and as standalone songs neither do I, but listening to amo front to back I couldn't go from wonderful life straight into medicine, itd be too radical, ouch bridges that perfectly in my opinion. And in the dark even though it isnt an interlude bridges nihilist blues and wonderful life perfectly. I do however think fresh bruises shouldve been after mother tongue, going from that happy poppy sound (which I quite like) to heavy metal which has the bounciest heaviest riff and a dark ambience to it is off putting. Overall their best imo or atleast tied with That's the Spirit 

On 1/24/2019 at 3:14 AM, DeXX said:

BMTH R.I.P. 

Kiss your career goodbye and Oli, you better find a cheap tattooist now

Thoroughly disgusted!

Mate...even if BMTH did go under after this album and disbanded, you realize Oli has a WILDLY popular clothing brand right? Its decently popular in the states but overseas? Drop Dead is HUGE. He'll be fine lmao. 

A few good tracks, and some very bad tracks. A few of the synth heavy tracks were actually a pleasant surprise though.

Would have loved more guitar driven music, but whatev. Never been a huge fan anyways. Always thought they were wildly overrated.

Finally listened to the whole thing and I will tell my honest opinion: surely it's WAY DIFFERENT than the rest of the BMTH discography, even different than TTS (most hated BMTH at the time before amo was released). They mixed pop and rock and some things from their "heavy" side, and it turned to be really good. I enjoyed the album. Most songs are good, a few ones are not my kind of stuff but surely there are others songs like Heavy Metal, Nihilist Blues and Wonderful Life that are pretty awesome to me. Definitely I prefer the "soft" BMTH than their deathcore phase, even though Sempiternal is my favorite BMTH record. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Flexecutive said:

First I'll say anybody who expected a record that was heavy from Bring Me in 2019 is obviously delusional. Second, I fucking love this album. I dont know if my expectations were high (at first with all the hype they were) but right before I listened to the leak I thought about how Oli said to disregard everything we thought we knew of Bring Me the Horizon and so I just...did. And the album honestly took me on a pleasant journey. Some tracks are radically different from others and some are a similar vibe but with new twists so as not to recycle the sound. Love amo or hate it at the very least it is an innovative and exciting push for them. Revisit Doomed and Run off TTS or even CYFMH and Deathbeds and you can see this change was being paved since Oli got out of rehab. Personally I dont believe they're making this type of music to sell out but because they of course love metal and where they came from but much like you're not the same edgelord scene kid you used to be,  neither are they. Be honest, do you really want to hear songs about drinking, sex, and partying from a bunch of grown men with fringes for 6 records?

Edit: a lot of people are saying they dont like the interludes and as standalone songs neither do I, but listening to amo front to back I couldn't go from wonderful life straight into medicine, itd be too radical, ouch bridges that perfectly in my opinion. And in the dark even though it isnt an interlude bridges nihilist blues and wonderful life perfectly. I do however think fresh bruises shouldve been after mother tongue, going from that happy poppy sound (which I quite like) to heavy metal which has the bounciest heaviest riff and a dark ambience to it is off putting. Overall their best imo or atleast tied with That's the Spirit 

deathbeds would've been the perfect closer for AMO lmaooooo

10 minutes ago, Cam979 said:

deathbeds would've been the perfect closer for AMO lmaooooo

BUT HANNAH

20200902_221303.jpg

I gave this one a try. The songs are pretty catchy but that doesnt mean i really liked it. Its just radio friendly music for me. nothing special.

"It's just noise"

13232.png

People can't handle change, I guess.

The best songs on this album are the ones that arent rock. Nihlist blues, Why You Gotta Kick Me and I dont Know What To Say are some of their most atmospheric, well produced tracks. 

Not saying songs like shi&t and heavy metal arent good, its just funny to see all the negative reviews saying "wtf is this pop" about nihilist blues when the song isnt even pop. That basically says all theres to say about it lol. People who are way out of touch with anything that isnt screamy screamo music and think everything that has guitar = good and anything that doesnt have guitar = shit radio pop.

The angry, negative reviews are by the same people who think that mantra and wonderful life are good songs. Guitars dont make a good song, good music makes a good song. Doesnt matter what genre it is.

This album is heavily carried by the great production, which doesnt change the fact that it doesnt feel like an album and more like a mixtape. The sound is all over the damn place. 

Still, I like most songs on this mixtape, thats why its an 8/10 for me. If i were to rate it as an album, it would probably be a 6.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Masterpiece. It's a true masterpiece. The end. Genre defining and boundary breaking. It will shape music heavily for the next few years and has inspired the fuck out of me. They deserve every bit of success coming their way. 

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

I went into this album expecting to not like it. The more I listen to this album the more I fucking LOVE it. So different for them, but they pull it off so fucking well. Probably a 9.5/10 album for me and will most likely be in my top 10 AOTYs of 2019. This album is really something else. 

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

i won't lie and say i think it's a masterpiece. it's a good album. i don't like every song, that's expected, but i do like most. dropping MANTRA before the rest of the album was a smart move, and eased me into their nee sound. overall the album is an 8/10. not what i expected from them, and that's a good thing.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:20 PM, eistod said:

People can't handle change, I guess.

Or people just like different things? Now there's a weird thought.

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2019 at 9:45 PM, Eatlightning said:

It will shape music heavily for the next few years

i don't hate this album, but I certainly hope not. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, humbleledger said:

i don't hate this album, but I certainly hope not. 

He's probably right though, look how much BMTH has with every album from Sempiternal onward, they're very big trend setters