All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
BenjaminBurnley

Bring Me the Horizon - amo (2019)

291 posts in this topic

This is easily the best album of the month! My only complaint is with the transition track "fresh bruises" being too long for such, it's sooooo boring!!! Other than that, all the other songs work extremely well. My favs are: MANTRA, sugar honey ice & tea, mother tongue, wonderful life and in the dark.

• Upvote 3

Other Releases by

3 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

“Kiss your career goodbye”

That’s the Spirit wasn’t metalcore at all and it’s highly successful brought them more mainstream attention. 

If anything, this will help his career because more people will listen to it than his metalcore stuff from the past.

@Tedwards_ Yep, here you often have this kind of crazy guy! :lol:

Damn, Nihilist Blues was something else altogether!! That and Mantra were the only two songs I liked from the whole album. 

I dig this.

Is it different? Yes.

Is it good? Fuck yes

Is it their best album? It's up there among the top 3

Will it alienate the fanbase? I reckon it will, but some of them will come around, the album is a grower.

Personal rating: strong 4.5/5

Favorites are Wonderful life, MANTRA, nihilist blues, in the dark, sugar honey ice n tea and medecine

If i had to pick a least favorite it would be mother tongue (it's still a decent song tho, but not as good as the rest)

(PS: they weren't lying about those last 5 seconds of heavy metal.)

• Upvote 3

First bring me the horizon album that i love..talenty.

upon first listen sounds like a mix of coldplay and the chainsmokers. not a fan.

I actually like this A LOT. Probably my new favourite release of theirs

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

The album has it's moments, and it's generally enjoyableish. Some of the songs are meh and forgettable, but this will likely be a favorite of mine through the year. The album flowed very well.

i apologise if you feel something - 3/10 not my cup of tea, very repetitive and kind of jumbled. 

MANTRA - 7.5/10  - having been out, it's just gotten old for me since it's a basic rock song. Not bad, not forgettable, but it's just there.

nihilist blues - 8/10 - The Grimes feature. Typically not a fan of her, but she pulls the song together, and her voice blends well with Oli. The bass is incredible as is the drumwork. What 30STM should have gone for with America

in the dark - 6.5/10 - lower tempo song, not my cup of tea, very forgettable, but excellent usage of guitar.

wonderful life - 8.5/10 - I don't like Dani's part or it'd be a 9. Solid song that sounds like it could come from TTS. One of the, if not the heaviest on the album.

ouch - 2/10 - That's the sound my ears made when I heard this. In no way my taste, drum work comes across as sloppy to me. Especially coming from wonderful life, it doesn't fit in the album.

medicine - 9.5/10 - love the use of drums on this song, as well as ambient guitar. My favorite of the singles. Wonderful vocal performance, and I love that I can tell there's a band behind this song despite it being poppy.

sugar honey ice & tea - 9.5/10 - Another TTS sounding song, but it sounds like it had a baby with Maroon 5's "V". Guitar work and drum work is amazing, and the added synths are in total very signature BMTH. Another favorite from the album

why you gotta kick me when i'm down? - 7.5/10 - rap is interesting, and the instrumental is great, but it's a fairly forgettable song too. It's just a decent filler for the album. Also why did that electronic outro have to be added?

fresh bruises - 10/10 - What a wonderful interlude! Everything perfect here! Probably my favorite from the album.

mother tongue - 7.5/10 - This will be a grower, but it's definitely a bit stale, too chorus focused, but damn the drums!

heavy metal - 8/10 - actually pretty heavy but it's kinda forgettable

i don't know what  to say - 7/10 - Not bad, very forgettable for an outro song (which is saddening, since the outro is often mu favorite) Strings, acoustic guitar and the like bring it together, but, it's not something I'll really remember from the album. They could have ended the album in a better manner.

7.3/10 for me. It's not the worst but they could have done so much better for this album.

• Downvote 1

10552447_1646659488907205_1109299883515693119_n.jpg

• Haha 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

If only the rest sounded like the very last seconds of heavy metal then we might have been onto something.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

I'm of the There's a Hell... and Sempiternal crowd and I enjoy this hella more than I did TTS; the songs just got much more weight to them, mostly. I like Nihilist Blues, Why you gotta kick me and I don't know what to say in particular, the latter being the Hospital for Souls that TTS missed. 

In the dark and why you gotta kick me when I’m down are absolute bangers!

That's The Spirit Part 2, But Better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

oh lol, i apologise if you feel something sounds like my alarm tone :lol:

4 minutes ago, dbzerogravity said:

WTF is this?

the new bmth album

• Haha 1

“Stick my head in the sand and block out all of the sadness. LA LA LA LALALALALALALALALA”

relatable

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

1 minute ago, Aria said:

“Stick my head in the sand and block out all of the sadness. LA LA LA LALALALALALALALALA”

relatable

I felt that lyric on a spiritual level

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif

Not a bad album, but personally only really liking Sugar Honey Ice & Tea so far, beyond that it's just too poppy for me personally. So many moments of the album so far for me have just been like "What the fuck are they doing". I liked TTS but personally this is waaaaaaaay too poppy. Pretty disappointed in most of the songs on this, but hopefully it'll grow on me.

My full review HERE. Hope you enjoy it.

TL;DR 7/10

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Click ^ to see reviews.

I really need to separate them from the band that released Sempiternal and all those heavier albums and listen to this with an open mind cause I do like some pop music. phew...

Its exactly what I thought, generic pop stuff with a lack of soul. Meh. I didn't mind medicine which is what I wrote here when that came out, but the whole album is a case of "I don't mind it", which basically means its not worth listening to for me.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

If only the rest sounded like the very last seconds of heavy metal then we might have been onto something.

are you trapped in 2008 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

14 minutes ago, Joseph said:

are you trapped in 2008 

Hilarious and Original

1 minute ago, Uncreation said:

Hilarious and Original

thanks!

gonna put that in my title 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

If it helps you get over the people who don't like this album, be my guest.

• Upvote 2

I thought the singles released were awful, but decided to give amo a listen (skipping these tracks). i apologise, nihilist blues, why you gotta (..) and i don't know (..) are worth listening tbh. In the dark is interesting and well made but it's too long and all I want to do after some times is to skip the track. The interludes are also way too long it's painful (and wtf is this "Tu as tué mon bébé" on ouch?). Strangely, imo the weakest tracks are the rock/metal riffs ones, which are thrown in the electro/edm mix and don't fit at all. They need to choose what they want to do and get on with it once and for all, because for now, it's everything but cohesive.

After listening to it all day it's 100% better than TTS in my opinion. 

Also think that the songs with riffs and shit sound like a grungy pop (grunge-pop?) and I love it. 

This album slaps lmao and i expected to not like it at all. fuck mother tongue tho

• Upvote 1

can anybody explain to me why the title of "ouch" is spelled as "ounch" on the back cover sleeve ? thanks