BMTH R.I.P. 

Kiss your career goodbye and Oli, you better find a cheap tattooist now

Thoroughly disgusted!

can somebody come collect their dad

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

this is a great modern pop record and I don't even care about punk police, A.C.A.B in any way.

"Nihilist Blues" (fucking eurodance forever) and "Why You Gotta Kick Me When I'm Down" are awesome. Love the small synthwave influences on the records as well

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.f46c8686e86f6dcb3c433e10f4e3baf1.jpg

*Track by Track opinions*:

i apologise if you feel something - pretty cool intro, the vocals kinda remind me of Mike Shinoda using vocalizer live (7/10)

MANTRA - imo this one feels like it's a bonus track from TTS, great track (8/10)

nihilist blues - tbh i'm a little disappointed on how grimes features this, but it's a good song... (6/10)

in the dark - i like this one, the guitars are dope and vocals are nice too (8/10)

wonderful life - great song, probably the heaviest in terms of instrumental, and I think this one have powerful chorus (9/10)

ouch - again, little disappointed on this one, cause I was expecting something angry on "I know I said I was under your spell / But this hex is on another level / I know I said you could drag me through hell / But I hoped you wouldn't fuck the devil", overall pretty decent interlude (5/10)

medicine - definitely one of my favorites, the lyrics are just amazing, and IDGAF if it's "poppy" (10/10)

sugar honey ice & tea (s.h.i.t.) - pretty nice instrumentals, chorus catchy af and vocals are nice (8/10)

why you gotta kick me when i'm down? - this me remind me of 30STM's "new" album, very different listening to Oli doing some rap... pretty nice one (9/10)

fresh bruises - imo too long for a interlude, and ANOTHER INTERLUDE? idk, I don't think it was necessary. (3/10)

mother tongue - don't say you love me FALA AMOOOOO, being a brazilian guy this one catch me right on the heart lol, although I think it could have more lyrics, cause the pre-chorus is the chorus w different instrumentals only and that spoken part was a bit cringe.... pretty nice one to the crowd sing live (9/10)

heavy metal - that's what I call a feat, nice one, nice lyrics, straight to the point, nice instrumentals and a big FU** YOU to those boring people that "BRinG mE tHe OLd BmTH" (10/10)

i don't know what to say - nice oneeeee, I think would be better if they just had keep it acoustic, those guitars at the beginning hyped me (10/10)

overall, it's definitely something different from everything that they had done before and that does not mean it's bad. (7.8/10)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Four songs in and I'm not sure what to think...

MANTRA and medicine were good though

I've been studying the lyrics, and what i came up with is that.

almost the whole album is about his wife? according to an interview i saw.

(explain if i'm wrong)

so don't say you love me, fala amo is me declaring myself to this album

Solid album, probably gonna be their best selling one, but I don't like it at all

• Upvote 2

I'm afraid to listen to it after hearing the singles. I understand bands go through change. After hearing how bad Asking Alexandria's change was, I don't get why they just don't change their band name, if their gonna change genres. This band was heavy at one time, and didn't really care for them then. Sempiternal i really liked, and that's the spirit was decent. The song with Dani Filth in it was weird, even for Dani Filth. Hopefully it's not as bad as I'm expecting it to be.

So fucking good, I love every song on it! 

RnmmCRF.gif

Sounds like heavier breathe carolina. Really struggled listening to this. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, LeoLHC said:

Premise: Sempiternal is my favorite album along with There is a hell, but im also open minded in terms of edm ,rap, electronic music ecc..beacuse i listen to all of them.
This album could be one of their best, but they have not been able to take full advantage of its potential.
But let's start with order: Oli & co had announced that it would be an experimental, different, strange album. And so it is in fact, except for some indeed commercial tracks, the album is full of electronic influences and weird vibes, not too catchy or commerical in my opinion. The problem is that the most electronic tracks are simply background music, nothing more. There is a total lack of feeling, which was what distinguished BMTH from the other rock/metal bands. It starts with a wonderful opener "i apologize if you feel something" in which you can see the true potential of BMTH for progressive electronic music (above all thanks to keyboardist Jordan Fish). It might be one of the best track of the album, despite it's an opener. The next song is already known to the public, a good alternative rock / hard rock song that will surely make the arenas sing along and dance. Then follows the bravest and most experimental track of the album, featuring Grimes, "nihilist blues". The track is completely dark EDM music . And perhaps it is here that the expectations for the album fade completely. It would have been a perfect track if they had inserted electric guitars and drums in the chorus, a bit like in "can you feel my heart". Unfortunately, they do not exploit the potential of the rock / metal crossover and a nice track comes out of it, but that could have been much more. The next "in the dark" is instead perfect as it is, a mix of pop music and electronics that all in all manages to be enjoyable without the help of electric guitars. Next is one of the things that made me angry, "wonderful life". Not  the song itself that is catchy and heavy to the point, but the position in which it was inserted. I wonder what they've smoked to screw up like that, to put a song so heavy (the heaviest) between two songs completely chill and pop. Listening to the disc you hear a serious logical and musical disconnection in this choice, and sincerely made me appreciate this track less than necessary. The next "ouch" is ugly, simply ugly and no one can question it. It looks like one of the worst nightcore sh*t you can find on youtube. An ridiculous fail. We continue with "medicine": pretty catchy and all. But too much generic for me.You know, the type of song you listen on the radio in car and you think "mmh that's okay, but let's change channel". The next "sugar honey ice & tea" is decent, it has a good riff, a nice pre chorus but the main chorus is just really cringe, seriously. If you liked it, i think you have a problem. "Why you gotta kick me when i'm down", again, it's a great loss of potential. Was it too expensive to insert guitars? especially in the chorus. "Fresh bruises" is just useful to try out the skip button, nothing else to say, I just hope it's a bad joke. It continues with the already known "mother tongue", that works in all sincerity,it is a beautiful pop track with a nice rhythm and highly catchy, in the end I liked it even if it is not something I would normally listen to. "Heavy metal" is the definition of cringe. Did you seriously think that a beat boxer was enough to make experimental a mediocre track? Jesus Christ. Not to mention the lyrics, are you 5 yo kids? Come on... The final 5 seconds ("never been so metal for years", cit. Oli) are pure sh*t, sincerely. They have nothing to do with the song itself (there is no progression), nor are they pleasant to listen to. The screams on a so trivial riff was just a pathetic reference to a past that will no longer exist. We have come to the end of this album, with  "i don 'know what to say". This track alone is worth the purchase of the disc. One of the best I've ever heard from them in years, porcupine tree vibe plus electronics make it one of the reasons why this record is not completly to be trashed. The orchestra, the guitar, the electronic incurions, the lyrics, the guitar solo, the structure of the song, make it simply perfect.
I don't know how to conlcude this review , except repeating what I have already said:  BMTH wanted to make an experimental album? They did not succeed, weird =/= experimental. Did they want to make a commercial album? They did not succeed. Did they want to make a nice pop rock album? They did not succeed. Unfortunately they have not succeeded in anything and will soon realize their mistakes, their will to reduce the guitars and the drums at all costs will drag them  into the absolute boredom and repetitiveness of the current pop scene. I'm sorry, but if this is your way, you're out even before you start. Album rating: 5/10

Paragraphs.

• Haha 4

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

I, FUCKING, LOVE, THIS! It really lives up the hype! Production is top notch, everything sounds great and distinctively. The electronics are very well integrated, present but does not take all the space. Yes, for the most part, it's Pop music, but the electronics gives it a cool dark vibe. The whole thing is catchy as fuck and i can't wait to see them next week!!!

top 3 favorite songs

1. Sugar Honey ice & tea

2. Nihilist Blues

3. Why you gotta kick me when i'm down

shout out to the intro which is also very bad ass

Pretty odd, but the song i like the least is the heaviest of the album, Wonderful Life.

• Love 2

STYGKL_1.gif

Gonna have fun reviewing this experiment later.

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Click ^ to see reviews.

Gotta disagree on how well this will do, LeoLHC.

I think despite what one might think that this album will do pretty well in salesnumbers/charts, especially streaming.
While I don't like most of it myself, it definately hits the sounds of the current Zeigeist of mainstream music.

Wanted to listen to this on my way to work and had to switch during in the dark, it was sooo boring. Gave it a proper spin while on break and it's okay. It has really good moments, but not sadly not one full song. As of now i'd give it a 6/10, maybe it'll grow on me, but probably not that much.

t2DLnik.png

I thought I'd like this BECAUSE it was poppier...turns out they can't even get that right.

MANTRA and medicine are absolute bangers, though. Deleted everything else.

• Upvote 3

Foals art.jpg

okay I think its time to stop following them on social media, RIP BMTH... could care less about this, the past two albums, or any future endeavors.  Thanks for there is a hell, album was 10/10.

• Upvote 2

Need to earn some extra cash?

https://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=43072718

3 hours ago, SPITRIX said:

I've been studying the lyrics, and what i came up with is that.

almost the whole album is about his wife? according to an interview i saw.

(explain if i'm wrong)

The album is called Amo…..which means love...his wife is Brazilian...yes it's about his wife. We all knew this months before the album came out

6 hours ago, Physyadelic said:

Guys, I guess you've been waiting for my review, but no, I'm not gonna review this, also BE HERE tommorow, I have a huge surprise prepared, that I'm gonna share everyfuckingwhere to make the band see it :)<3

I'll be sort of brief:
You'll do anything to gratify a woman, AGREE with that boys, it's kind of a sad truth, but we LOVE them, even tho, they are driving us crazy sometimes, without WOMAN as a gender, this world would be fucking boring, weird, way too gay, just way too gay you know, boys bang only boy's ass
And no, I would rather dig my own grave earlier live only among guys :lol:

So what is my point?
I feel THIS from AMO
And then there is "why you gotta kick me when I'm down?" as sort of confess to the people and shout away from the old relationship
This album smells just way too much like his Brazilian babe
Because in Brazil they listen to this sort of shit 24/7 just check the charts, lol
Even tho it's altogether solid

7/10 my lovely gay band Bring Me The Horizon

I hope Oli Sykes will sign my dick one day...

Brazil doesnt listen to this sort of shit.
We have much worst tastes.
Cheers.
Your Friendly Favela Boy
(loved every bit of your comment xD)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, desk said:

Paragraphs.

ffs,  just scrolling past that comment gave me a headache

also, @Physyadelic are you saying bmth is anti gay?  I'm not sure  I'm on board

I'm a fan of the songs currently released. As for why they went a more pop direction is disappointing, but you can tell it's still a band and that's better than 99% of every other band out there who goes pop. I will have to listen before I review, but obviously I'm excited.

• Upvote 1

I was planning on doing a legit review for this, but I don't even know where to begin. I lost IQ points trying to finish this garbage.It has nothing to do with the type of genre or experimenting with ones sound. These are just plain bad songs. I can find hints of talent scattered throughout, but overall it just doesn't click with me whatsoever. I tried, I really did. 2/10 for me and that may be generous.

• Upvote 2

Honestly I've now been listening to Grimes all day after listening to her feature. Thanks BMTH for making me give her a proper shot. SHE IS REALLY GOOD WOW.
Kinda bummered Nihilist Blues didn't utilise her 'crazy voice' at all after experiencing that with her own material :/ 

The whole album is one big experimental vent that I am glad they have gotten out of the way, I think they will consolidate now and next release become a massive mainstream pop-rock act and tear the world up even more than before.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Maxi Milian said:

So how bad is this?? Considering the singles were (all) just awful.

*in your opinion

well fuck me, I don't hate it. 

as much as I was expecting to I just don't.  

• Upvote 3

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

6 hours ago, DeXX said:

BMTH R.I.P. 

Kiss your career goodbye and Oli, you better find a cheap tattooist now

Thoroughly disgusted!

“Kiss your career goodbye”

That’s the Spirit wasn’t metalcore at all and it’s highly successful brought them more mainstream attention. 

If anything, this will help his career because more people will listen to it than his metalcore stuff from the past.

Beautiful album! Very fresh and diverse!

My AOTY for sure, better than TTS. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2