BenjaminBurnley

Bring Me the Horizon - amo (2019)

282 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

pretty ok. grimes track was solid and "sugar honey ice & tea" is probably my favorite here besides "wonderful life".

definitely the kind of album that will explode in a live setting, which it was likely made for in the first place

good on u bmth

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ashtiel said:

pretty ok. grimes track was solid and "sugar honey ice & tea" is probably my favorite here besides "wonderful life".

definitely the kind of album that will explode in a live setting, which it was likely made for in the first place

good on u bmth

totally agree on the live setting part

Oh fuck yeah! You're awesome for uploading this! Thank you so much! I got goose bumps immediately as I heard the first note.

Heavy Metal is actually super fucking catchy. I'm just shocked and flabberghasted that Oli can actually sing decently now. 

Love love love the electronic bits and strings that are incorporated in the songs. Just wish there was at LEAST one but two tracks in the vain of wonderful life. 

full band no bs BMTH is the best BMTH imo

This album didn't lose my attention like TTS did on first listen through.

I can't deny that the production/mix is great on this. There's a lot of new sounds/territories (for bmth!) they explore here.
Some of the electronic stuff is meh and sounds like most EDM pop songs out, then some tracks have much more interesting parts/elements and  composition to them.
I could go for an EP full of stuff like I Aplogise, Ouch and Fresh Bruises.
When they go full pop its cheesy and that's what a lot of pop is, its cheese but people like it and its catchy.

I'll revisit TTS out of curiosity eventually. Never been the biggest  BMTH fan, but I always can jam Suicide Season and Sempiternal, they never did a 2.0 of any album and you gotta give them kudos for that.

EDIT:
Watching live clips and their "Deathcore" medley. Oli's vocals are the best they've ever been. It's kind of bizarre. IF they were to go and make a straight heavy few songs/EP it could be great. He still throws it in there on Final Chorus' of Wonderful Life and what not live and just does some interesting stuff overall, like before the main breakdown in Shadow Moses does the high pitch scream like Deftones/The Contortionist....really interesting.

Edited by Nick_7621
  • Upvote 1

As expected, very generic. 

• Upvote 2

Pre-ordered the CD and cassette, but going to go ahead and listen. Thanks KL and OP!

Nihilist blue, wonderful life, sugar honey & ice tea, heavy metal, I don't know what to say are the best songs in my opinion. Amo is a good album but it's not sempiternal or There is a hell. But I do love the electronics used on this album.

This. Is. Amazing.

Sure, im into Pop/Electro whatever and maybe this is the reason, why im so in love with this Album. Each Track is fucking great (beside medicine) and after a couple of spins, i likeit more than tts

Thanks KL Fam!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Funnily, I like the more electronic songs like Nihilist Blues the most (despite me believing I would dislike them the most) because the more "BMTH"-oriented Tracks are so bloody generic that they fade into the background pretty hard, super clean radio/stadium-rock songs
The production is super high quality tho, sqeaky clean. So for people who like it a bit rougher around the sounds, eh.

I would at this point be more interested in a side project from Oli and Jordan than another BMTH album tbh.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, downtheory said:

Pre-ordered the CD and cassette, but going to go ahead and listen. Thanks KL and OP!

Cassette, are we stuck in some odd loop?

• Upvote 1

i'm going to develop a ket habit then quit just so i can make an album this good

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

How do I downlaod it brings me to filecrypt page on mobile and down nothing... 

16 minutes ago, Uncreation said:

Funnily, I like the more electronic songs like Nihilist Blues the most (despite me believing I would dislike them the most) because the more "BMTH"-oriented Tracks are so bloody generic that they fade into the background pretty hard, super clean radio/stadium-rock songs
The production is super high quality tho, sqeaky clean. So for people who like it a bit rougher around the sounds, eh.

I would at this point be more interested in a side project from Oli and Jordan than another BMTH album tbh.

You're correct, songs where they went all in for more electronics and less pop/rock were actually more interesting and I'd like to hear more of that if they were to go down a similar route in the future (just skip garbage like Mother Tongue please). I Apologize and Nihilist Blues, parts off of Why You Gotta Kick Me, Ouch, Fresh Bruises (vibes Gessafelstein a bit) were genuinely great. It's an interesting album for sure, some songs are already more impressive. Honestly the album is still fairly grounded in rock, be it alt.rock/pop rock or even rap rock in a sense (why you gotta kick me/heavy metal) but it's like a more modern/interesting/loose take than TTS was, so that is quite appreciative.

I still think they could've cut off some fat (not even talking about the interludes genuinely), made a more impressive ~40 min album, maybe went all out on some of the concepts too instead of holding themselves back.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I'm kind of surprised by the fact that I didn't really hate this. It's very okay I suppose. Will agree with all the people saying the electronic songs are the stronger ones on here. Right now my favourites are definitely Nihilist Blues and In The Dark. Found myself surprisingly enjoying the intro track a lot too. I'll readily admit that BMTH seem to be a band who know what they're doing musically speaking but it still feels like they're really playing it safe by including songs like Sugar Honey, Mantra, and Heavy Metal, could've definitely done with trimming a few songs off of here. Also a lot of the song endings are super abrupt which fucking sucks. Seems like every time these guys release an album I tell myself "this is the one that's really going to kill my enjoyment of their music" but there's always a few redeemable songs. Feeling something like a 2.5/5 on this thing but I'll give it a few more listens to see if my opinion changes.

So damn good. Just finished seeing them live, now I can jam this album on my way to see ABR tomorrow

Guys, I guess you've been waiting for my review, but no, I'm not gonna review this, also BE HERE tommorow, I have a huge surprise prepared, that I'm gonna share everyfuckingwhere to make the band see it :)<3

I'll be sort of brief:
You'll do anything to gratify a woman, AGREE with that boys, it's kind of a sad truth, but we LOVE them, even tho, they are driving us crazy sometimes, without WOMAN as a gender, this world would be fucking boring, weird, way too gay, just way too gay you know, boys bang only boy's ass
And no, I would rather dig my own grave earlier live only among guys :lol:

So what is my point?
I feel THIS from AMO
And then there is "why you gotta kick me when I'm down?" as sort of confess to the people and shout away from the old relationship
This album smells just way too much like his Brazilian babe
Because in Brazil they listen to this sort of shit 24/7 just check the charts, lol
Even tho it's altogether solid

7/10 my lovely gay band Bring Me The Horizon

I hope Oli Sykes will sign my dick one day...

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Physyadelic said:

Guys, I guess you've been waiting for my review, but no, I'm not gonna review this, also BE HERE tommorow, I have a huge surprise prepared, that I'm gonna share everyfuckingwhere to make the band see it :)<3

I'll be sort of brief:
You'll do anything to gratify a woman, AGREE with that boys, it's kind of a sad truth, but we LOVE them, even tho, they are driving us crazy sometimes, without WOMAN as a gender, this world would be fucking boring, weird, way too gay, just way too gay you know, boys bang only boy's ass

So what is my point?
I feel THIS from AMO
And then there is "why you gotta kick me when I'm down?" as sort of confess to the people and shout away from the old relationship
Because in Brazil they listen to this sort of shit 24/7 just check the charts, lol

What?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

this is something else. Though I don't hate it.

Ah. The Walmart of metalcore are back.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Physyadelic said:

I'll be sort of brief:

So what is my point?
I feel THIS from AMO

Who knows you?

Never thought I'd get to a point in my life, where I enjoy new Backstreet Boys more than new BMTH haha.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

Jordan is a genius

All I can say is "it ain’t heavy metal" and that's alright.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Cheesuz_Crisp said:

What?

Tahw?

11 minutes ago, TriforceNNL said:

Who knows you?

I can ask the same ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maximo said:

This album was made for me. I get why some people would be totally turned off or outright wouldn't enjoy it, but this is absolutely everything I wanted and hoped for. End to end, love everything here. 

T.R.A.S.H.Y.

trashy,

yas really!

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 5