BenjaminBurnley

Bring Me the Horizon - amo (2019)

269 posts in this topic

So ready to listen to this and hate it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Summers said:

What a brilliant album, the battle is over finally and thus brings the end of the inglorious seven spam it will now be retired with the best of them until the next big leak is revealed. Summers signing off. Nah but for real this album is like a 9/10

7 musnt die

• Upvote 1

Where do i even start with this album. Its poor like really really poor, it sounds like something they made in 5 months not 3 years and it shows with the amount of EDM that's plastered all over this album. That said the only song i would consider putting in my playlist is Sugar Honey Ice & Tea. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I didn’t expect much but it was even worse than I thought. No matter what artist put this out it’s just not all that good 

• Upvote 1

First of all, let's get an important thing out of the way: I have massive respect for BMTH because never throughout their whole career they took the easy route. Constantly, with every album they're pushing the boundaries of their music and their fanbase, and they constantly keep experimenting and evolving even if most people constantly tell them to just repeat whatever worked for them in the past, and over everything, they keep succeeding at it.

That being said, my opinions on amo are pretty simple: A good album, but way too long to the point where it gets repetitive really quick. They should've went for quality over quantity and get the 2 or 3 worst songs of the album out. I love the dark electronic vibe they have on this album, but all the electronic-based songs sound a bit too similar to me, which got me a bit bored before I even finished the album.

So yeah, not a bad album but not their best in my eyes (Which is That's the spirit). But of course that's just my opinion.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, KatoMacabre said:

First of all, let's get an important thing out of the way: I have massive respect for BMTH because never throughout their whole career they took the easy route. Constantly, with every album they're pushing the boundaries of their music and their fanbase, and they constantly keep experimenting and evolving even if most people constantly tell them to just repeat whatever worked for them in the past, and over everything, they keep succeeding at it.

That being said, my opinions on amo are pretty simple: A good album, but way too long to the point where it gets repetitive really quick. They should've went for quality over quantity and get the 2 or 3 worst songs of the album out. I love the dark electronic vibe they have on this album, but all the electronic-based songs sound a bit too similar to me, which got me a bit bored before I even finished the album.

So yeah, not a bad album but not their best in my eyes (Which is That's the spirit). But of course that's just my opinion.

Thought it could do without s.h.i.t and in the dark 

• Upvote 1

I was a little skeptical at first but i think i enjoy it. Its not amazing, but its better than i expected.

Its very much Jordan's band with Oli just a figurehead.

• Upvote 2

Like I like the album on the Whole, but I fell like in a live settings SHI&T will go off the most, mostly because it sounds like TTS and that's what ultimately put them In the mainstream 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scrubstep said:

Thought it could do without s.h.i.t and in the dark 

I loved SHIT to be fair, was more talking about Ouch or Fresh Bruises (And also I would've made Heavy Metal shorter, like 3-3 and a half mins). They just don't work that well as interludes and take away a lot of the good things the other electronic songs have by just over-doing it too much without any reason.

• Upvote 1

All i can say

Misery > amo

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 5

Expectations met! Even though its early as hell, this is def gonna be top 10 albums of 2019 for me.

All you haters can go listen to Suicide Season and PfP and cry yourselves to sleep. There is a reason BMTH is one of the biggest names in Rock/Metal. They would be playing in bars and supporting in arenas if they didnt improve over time.

9/10

BT: SHIT, Nihilist Blues, Fresh Brusies, WYGKMWID, Singles

WT: Into the Dark 

• Upvote 1

I loved SHIT to be fair, was more talking about Ouch or Fresh Bruises (And also I would've made Heavy Metal shorter, like 3-3 and a half mins). They just don't work that well as interludes and take away a lot of the good things the other electronic songs have by just over-doing it too much without any reason.

I figured, most people didn't sit well with the interludes. Put it this way; if I made a playlist out of this album, I'd take out s.h.i.t and in the dark.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scrubstep said:

I figured, most people didn't sit well with the interludes. Put it this way; if I made a playlist out of this album, I'd take out s.h.i.t and in the dark.

The thing is, most of us have songs that we'd take out of the album, and that to me says a lot about how the length of the album didn't help it at all.

1 minute ago, Stasz18 said:

Expectations met! Even though its early as hell, this is def gonna be top 10 albums of 2019 for me.

All you haters can go listen to Suicide Seasons and PfP and cry yourselves to sleep. There is a reason BMTH is one of the biggest names in Rock/Metal. They would be playing in bars and supporting in arenas if they didnt improve over time.

9/10

BT: SHIT, Nihilist Blues, Fresh Brusies, WYGKMWID, Singles

WT: Into the Dark 

Dude wtf are you talking about telling those old school fans to cry themselves to sleep. Without those fans bring me would be absolutely nothing. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The thing is, most of us have songs that we'd take out of the album, and that to me says a lot about how the length of the album didn't help it at all.

wouldnt mind the length if those two songs weren't what they are lol 

Honestly, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. There's kinda a lot of weak tracks (or tracks that just don't hit for me), but I don't really hate anything. Definitely have some catchy stuff on this album. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gohans lost ability said:

Dude wtf are you talking about telling those old school fans to cry themselves to sleep. Without those fans bring me would be absolutely nothing. 

Never said old school fans, I said "haters" 

I skimmed thru each song before bed... Seems like oli doesn't even sing much. Didn't get me stoked to listen to it all seems very experimental

Will give a full listen tmrw 

Damn ouch is a really good song 

• Upvote 4

Also bye to everyone who only came here for Bring Me :D

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

This album is Sugar Honey Ice & Tea.   Nahhh, its alright.  It is enjoyable, but half the songs are a huge miss for me meanwhile others are good for background music.  Nothing to really dig into but still just fun to listen to here and there.  

DAMN!!! This literally did nothing, absolutely nothing. Kinda hard to even believe this band gave Sempiternal after There Is A Hell. So disappointed kinda feel bad as a fan. 

Thanks a ton for the leak though KL, YOU THE BOSS 

• Upvote 1

Okay after many listens I absolutely love this album front to back, this is so fitting for them and this may top Sempiternal for me. This is a amazing piece of Alternative Rock and Experimental pop, there are very many jaw dropping moments throughout the record that are pleasant surprises and make the album even better. Although this album is definitely going to split the fan base in half, I personally give it a 10/10 the album just continues to grow on me more and more with each listen, favs at the moment are nihilist blues, in the dark, wonderful life, sugar honey ice & tea and heavy metal I honestly love the record as a whole but if I had to choose I'd choose those thanks for posting!

• Upvote 1

This album has 5 FUCKING BANGERS

1. S.H.I.T.

2. W.Y.G.K.M.W.I.D.

3. Mantra

4. Heavy Metal

5. Wonderful Life

Then four 7 outta tens

6. I don't know what to say

7. In the dark

8. Nihilist blues

9. Medicine

Three interludes

10. Ouch

11. Fresh bruises

12. I apologise if you feel something

And one huge pile of HORSE SHIT

13. Mother tongue

Overall I fuck with this album HEAVY (bad pun), def an album that'll get better with each play as well.

1 hour ago, Maxi Milian said:

So how bad is this?? Considering the singles were (all) just awful.

It's worse than you can imagine, and I love TTS

It's... Decent. Expected nothing good after the last 2 singles, but it's okay. Couple songs (Nihilist Blues, Wonderful Life, Heavy Metal) are pretty good, the rest range from decent (S.H.I.T., Mantra) to pretty bad (Mother Tongue, Medicine). Hoped for better because I enjoyed most of TTS.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

ehhh... might keep a couple of songs but this was a huge step down from TTS

• Upvote 2

Honestly I'm a big fan of this after 1 listen, which is rarely the case for me. There is more of a focus on electronic elements on Amo compared to TTS for sure. Though I'm fine with it since said electronic elements are engaging and used effectively on almost every song; the song structure is varied enough throughout too. I just think there's a lot to like on this album with some fresh ideas. The lyrics leave some to be desired, but that's always the case with BMTH. Favorites include: Mantra, Nihilist Blues, In the Dark, SHIT, Why You Gotta Kick Me When I'm Down?. With WYGKMWID probably my #1 favorite.

EDIT: Basically all of these songs are fun listens, but I doubt I'll maintain any sort of emotional attachment to them, time will tell.