BenjaminBurnley

Bring Me the Horizon - amo (2019)

277 posts in this topic

The 320 links don't seem to be 320kbps-- looks like their V0 VBR?? Anyways, thanks! Digging it as much as TTS.

Edit: Looks like the 320 was just replaced with a proper 320.

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

Oli deathcore-screaming the last words of "Heavy Metal" is something I'll never ever forget.

Overall, this album was a fucking banger. Tho Fresh Bruises and Mother Tongue were weaker and the album could have done well without them, but still. It is a blast. A positive blast.

8/10 from my side, my favorites are Nihilist Blues, Sugar Honey Ice n' Tea, Heavy Metal and I Don't Know What To Say.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Its okay. Nothing mind blowing, but I can promise you this album or next will shoot bmth into true mainstream territory in terms of popularity.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

This album was made for me. I get why some people would be totally turned off or outright wouldn't enjoy it, but this is absolutely everything I wanted and hoped for. End to end, love everything here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Maximo said:

This album was made for me. I get why some people would be totally turned off or outright wouldn't enjoy it, but this is absolutely everything I wanted and hoped for. End to end, love everything here. 

Idk. I dont dislike anything, but in not really getting a hard on for any of it either.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Scrubstep said:

Idk. I dont dislike anything, but in not really getting a hard on for any of it either.

Absolutely fair. Totally get why you or anyone would think that, personally I absolutely adore everything they're doing here though. 

• Downvote 1

Thanks for the upload bioooo

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Maximo said:

Absolutely fair. Totally get why you or anyone would think that, personally I absolutely adore everything they're doing here though. 

If I'm gonna be honest, I'll probably like it the more I listen to it, just like with TTS.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Iso said:

The 320 links don't seem to be 320kbps-- looks like their V0 VBR?? Anyways, thanks! Digging it as much as TTS.

Edit: Looks like the 320 was just replaced with a proper 320.

Yeah i just ran it through speck it's all good now

The more I listen the more I like it, Nihilist Blues is a banger

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Gotta download this just so I can delete it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

Really enjoying this one. Was a strange first listen tho not knowing what to expect haha.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Kouni said:

Why you gotta kick me when I'm down is above everything they have ever done...what was that

I can't tell if you liked that song or didn't

Guest Kouni
Just now, DORBUSCUS said:

I can't tell if you liked that song or didn't

I DIG IT I LOVE IT I ADORE IT I WOULD HAVE KIDS WITH IT ANYTIME

Hmm, still trying to decide what my overall thoughts are on this one after two listens so far. Deleted Ouch and Fresh Bruises bc they felt like unnecessary fillers, but everything else is listenable and feels like it works. Despite the huge sound changes I think I can jam this regularly, just a couple songs that wouldn't get much rotation compared to the rest is all.

Highlights:

Mantra

Nihilist Blues (Electronics at the start reminded my of Can You Feel My Heart actually)

Wonderful Life

S.H.I.T. (Lol changed it to that in my library anyway)

Heavy Metal (Actually not a bad song despite being basically a fuck you to the CYB kids)

• Upvote 2

Just now, pizzaistheessenceoflife said:

Hmm, still trying to decide what my overall thoughts are on this one after two listens so far. Deleted Ouch and Fresh Bruises bc they felt like unnecessary fillers, but everything else it listenable and feels like it works. Despite the huge sound changes I think I can jam this regularly, just a couple songs that wouldn't get much rotation compared to the rest is all.

Highlights:

Mantra

Nihilist Blues (Electronics at the start reminded my of Can You Feel My Heart actually)

Wonderful Life

S.H.I.T. (Lol changed it to that in my library anyway)

Heavy Metal (Actually not a bad song despite being basically a fuck you to the CYB kids)

a genius fuck you, however

• Upvote 1

just..........................w              o                w

thank u.

Was mixed on the singles but WOW this sounds fucking amazing all together

*TRACK BY TRACK BELOW*

i apologize if you fell something - cool ambience 

MANTRA - cool way to start up the new album cycle. one of the heavier songs, goof bridge from TTS style to new diversity

nihlist blues - wow that was something special....and different. if you hadn't heard any song since Sempiternal and put this on, you wouldn't know it was them. very cool and unique

in the dark - bmth's twist on the modern "alt rock" style, very cool, has dope strings and they pull it off well

wonderful life - depends on the listener, but probably the heaviest instrumentally. unique vocals imo, wery weird and eeiry. chorus was made to be sung until you blow your voice from the top of the empire state building 

ouch - another interlude, pretty cool imo, liked parts of it, but its just an interlude

medicine - "iTs A pOp SoNg" lol top 3 song on the album. live verson on bbc radio really helped me appreciate the song and feel all the instruments involved that you didn't hear before

sugar honey ice & tea - DING DING DING! my personal favorite. i personally think it could be the heaviest on the record. oli fuckin killed his vocals on this. riffs and instrumentals are dope af. jordan's falsetto's breath fresh air into the chorus. pre-chorus and the bridge slaps. the whole song sounds so fresh, natural, and emotional. say what you want this IS the song. granted, this is not an arena song like MANTRA or wonderful life that people will scream at the top of their lungs. however, I could 100% see this song going hard as fuck live. with some fat guitar tones, oli's signature screams, and top notch live show, this would be one banger of a start to their show

why you gotta kick me when im down? - the bridge sent chills down my spine. oli just let all that divorce shit out. no fucks given

fresh bruises - interlude, gives the listener a few minute break after 3 of the best songs on the record. not much to it, mostly ambience and electronics.

mother tongue - least favorite, chorus a bit under-par compared to others. granted, i can't say much about this since it is a pretty personal love song to oli's new wife

heavy metal - troll. good song though, another one of those different songs like nihlist blues.

i dont know what to say - great buildup song. a lot of songs i hear will build up to nothing, this one does not disappoint

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

So happy to be hearing this again! I love what they’ve done with their own flavor of the pop genre. This album basically completes their transition into an entirely polar opposite genre from their beginnings. 

Thanks, KL! 

"Sugar honey ice & tea" is top 3-5 BMTH of all time no debating. Such a fuccccking banger!!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Guest insilus

This blew any expectations I had out of the water.  Well worth the wait.  If anything’s going to make them get bigger than TTS did, it’s amo.

For me the album is weird but awesome, i really dig it!

Ordered a copy myself, *Support what you love".

So how bad is this?? Considering the singles were (all) just awful.

• Downvote 3

"I Don't Know What To Say" is hands down in the top five best tracks that this band has EVER done.

Those fucking strings.

Album overall is incredibly inconsistent, some of it blows, and some of it rules. It has some of the highest highs and lowest lows of their entire discography.

• Upvote 3

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1

download now. yeahhh!!!