The site has been successfully restored at 10 PM EST on February 19th from the backup taken at 4 AM on the same day. We were forced to do this due to a fatal system error. If something is missing, this is probably why. If you find any bugs as a result of this restore, please let us know immediately.
mR12

Bring Me the Horizon - mother tongue (Single) (2019)

100 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Just now, Exsanguination45 said:

What the fuck does fala mean?

Or is it just like a wo-oah or some shit? 

fala amo means speak love

• Upvote 1

wtf is this? ok, i listen to the new the fever album, iam out, bye bye bring me the charts

Yea this is alright. Definitely better than wonderful life and Medicine IMO. Still not super hyped for this album though

17 minutes ago, NecRose said:

If you happen to be bored at home one day and they will be having a gig nearby, I suggest you go see the show. Then, we can talk. 

PS: thank me later

I've seen them, and if you think they're impressive(especially now) then you're crazy. Lmao I've seen local bands with more energy, better music, and that can actually perform well. I'm sure Oli has gotten a bit better recently, but their music hasn't.

Good if you like pop music.

It sucks imo... rip bmth 

33 minutes ago, NecRose said:

If you happen to be bored at home one day and they will be having a gig nearby, I suggest you go see the show. Then, we can talk. 

I've seen them too. Fever 333 stole the show. They were just meh. Not so bad but also not so good

Its not what i wanted from them and i don't really like it but god damn is the chorus catchy.

• Upvote 1

I kinda like this one, I like it the most out of the ones released so far. But I have no positive expectations on this album

I love how every Bring Me release just cops so much shit, then people end up loving it. 

I even remember how many people used to shit on "There Is A Hell..." because of the change in sound and now people love it

Same even for Suicide Season when that came out.

And I bet even That's The Spirit has grown on most people too

And it's even funnier because people are acting surprised at the sound when they've been saying they were gonna do it for over a year lmao.

It's certainly not the most amazing release they've had, and sure it's a lot "poppier"

But I'm keen to listen to the album whole, because every Bring Me album is the same for me, I love it after a few listens as a whole as most songs compliment each other pretty well.

I just hope they mix it up and add some things that make it "Bring Me" styled - like "Doomed" did, cause I really hope it just doesn't turn into an average pop record when they're so much more than that.

• Love 1

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING BRAZIL REFERENCE ?????!?!??!?!
Jokes aside guys, this is beautiful. I mean, it's so obvious for Alyssa.
You wanna know the best part about this ? Following these guys since the RAWWR  days and enjoying every piece of music they've ever made since then.
This only goes to show how much we mature as individuals and learn to appreciate other stuff, you can bet that the 13 year old me would be like ''THE SCREAAMS REEEE WHERE ARE THEY WHERE IS THE BREAKDOWN''. I mean, arent there so many bands that are already heavy in the first place ? They just pull out this genre so well that I cant even be mad.
10/10 EU AMOOOOO BRING ME THE HORIZON

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

These dudes have been one of my favorite bands for years, always dug the progression from album to album. However this isn't progression its a different sound but they're regressing with this bullshit ass song SMFH. Jordan said "medicine" was their most "poppy" song on the album FALSE I downloaded this shit listened once then deleted

?C:
?Music
?BMTH
?Bad Songs
└⚠This folder is empty

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, NecRose said:

Doubt they'll come to Hungary anytime soon, but if they happen to do so, and the festival isn't batshit expensive (solo gig is highly unlikely) and/or it has a band other than them that I'd be interested in, I'll be sure to check them out. They seem to be a decent live band, and I know most of their songs from my teens. But I don't think any kind of live performance could justify the place they are at compared to where they should be (which is like, mid-tier at best). Also, Sykes tends to do some embarassing-ass vocal work on their shows, but he's been getting better recently, so it might not be that bad now.

56 minutes ago, Jeff ManGummo said:

Doubt they'll come to Hungary anytime soon, but if they happen to do so, and the festival isn't batshit expensive (solo gig is highly unlikely) and/or it has a band other than them that I'd be interested in, I'll be sure to check them out. They seem to be a decent live band, and I know most of their songs from my teens. But I don't think any kind of live performance could justify the place they are at compared to where they should be (which is like, mid-tier at best). Also, Sykes tends to do some embarassing-ass vocal work on their shows, but he's been getting better recently, so it might not be that bad now.

If you are located in Budapest (or nearby) you can always come to Vienna to see BMTH. Vienna is always in their EU Tour's list of cities. Seen them there myself.

Why is it that half of the people trashing hard on this song (particularly those trashing on it for being a different genre) can barely spell or type out a coherent sentence? Also before I get into this rant, I'd like to mention that my favorite album by Bring Me The Horizon is "There Is A Hell...", I felt that amalgamation of metalcore and ambient influence interwoven together was absolutely breathtaking, and their absolute pinnacle. Also; until this single came out, I honestly either actively disliked or was bored of the singles from this new upcoming album. Now that we have that out of the way, let's jump in.

Look; I get you're upset about such a drastic style change, and it's perfectly okay to dislike, or even hate the song; but hate it because of the composition itself, not the genre change. Out of all the four singles released so far, this song has the tightest songwriting by a wide margin. Along with this, the ambiance in the verses and the solid foundation of the hook tell us pretty clearly that the song knows exactly what it wants to be. I'd go as far as saying it's better than most of Sandpit Turtle and That's the Spirit.

Asking them to go back to their roots would be a great disservice to the variety that these guys know how to inject into their songwriting (especially due to the fact that their roots are mediocre deathcore with shoddy mixing, paper thin guitars, and a stock standard vocal performance). Stop trying to limit bands based on your own nostalgia; they're never going to be the same band you grew up with when you're 15. It's time to let go of the past, and look towards the future. 

I accepted that about my favorite band when they dropped the screams, you guys need to learn to do so as well. Bands change, bands don't want to do the same thing over and over. They don't want to write Suicide Season pt. 2, or Count your Blessings pt. 2, or even Sandpit Turtle pt. 2 (they already did that with That's the Spirit). They wanted to write amo. Will amo be shitty? All signs point to it being a solid 2.5/5 in total, but again. Stop being a bunch of whiny babies about genre changes. They're going to happen to every band you listen to, and every band you love. I actively encourage them to happen to every band you listen to, and every band you love. 

Stop letting your past control you so hard, open your mind a little. Or don't, and keep posting nonsensical crap about how they're "NoT hEaVy AnYmOrE", news flash. They were never fucking heavy. Heaviest they ever got was on their second album Suicide Season, and that was just relatively typical metalcore / deathcore.

• Love 2
  • Downvote 1

Love the production of the song, it's definitely a mainstream album and I'm not having any issue with it.

Im gonna be honest. I really dont care if bands try something new one time, or maybe a couple. I would rather see them be successful nonetheless. If amo is decent, then they did a good job. If it fails, who knows. I just hope people dont recognize bands for being pop just cause their recent work is different. I still cannot wait.

@MyTearsYW 

The past is not the past let it consider the other side of the coin

There are so many pop music in the world, more than heavy music

This is the situation, your roots are like your friends, the family, the ties that gave you a good start for the career, and it's possible to logically stumble it, but on the other hand it's naught for fans of heavy music, let it not be the first or second, even the third, fourth album, and a qualitative mix with some new innovations that will please everybody, not the new audience and those who love pop music.

So now they will say a very insidious phrase "do not like it - do not listen" but the thing is that I want to like it, but it sounds like the music I do not like, it's interesting to see the general picture, but it's probably the end for me

man this album is going to fucking suck XD

2 minutes ago, pizzaistheessenceoflife said:

Suppose this is their revenge on Coldplay for "stealing" their album art. BMTH took their sound, lmao.

Just after I posted this comment BMTH's cover of Eyeless by Slipknot starting playing, I feel so weird now.

I thought it couldn't get any worse after That's the Spirit. Thanks for proving me wrong ?

I probably would have loved this shit when I was 18. I’m in my 30s now though, and if I want to listen to pop I’d rather just listen to Coldplay or Maroon 5.

12 hours ago, Draxcazel said:

Never been able to get into BMTH really.

But this sounds way better than their previous style.

Will definitely give the album a shot.

lmfao ok

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SuddenChanges said:

I love how every Bring Me release just cops so much shit, then people end up loving it. 

I even remember how many people used to shit on "There Is A Hell..." because of the change in sound and now people love it

Same even for Suicide Season when that came out.

And I bet even That's The Spirit has grown on most people too

And it's even funnier because people are acting surprised at the sound when they've been saying they were gonna do it for over a year lmao.

It's certainly not the most amazing release they've had, and sure it's a lot "poppier"

But I'm keen to listen to the album whole, because every Bring Me album is the same for me, I love it after a few listens as a whole as most songs compliment each other pretty well.

I just hope they mix it up and add some things that make it "Bring Me" styled - like "Doomed" did, cause I really hope it just doesn't turn into an average pop record when they're so much more than that.

Their previous albums had musicianship behind it though.

This isn't different.

This is bad.

There is a difference.

8 minutes ago, Phantomanthem2017 said:

New favorite song at the moment ??

20190122_215820.jpg

That one felt the most straightforward on the album, really good though. I'm liking kick me when I'm down and heavy metal is really fun- basically the two for everyone complaining about this album haha