eris

Demon Hunter - War / Peace (Deluxe) (2019)

89 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, pudhead said:

Im shocked no 320 rip. The deluxe editions have been shipped for a bit now. Many people have it. 

Itll be here very very soon tho if we dont get it today or tomorrow. i cant wait

Other Releases by

Still no 320 kbps?

A lot of people have already got their deluxe editions, and still we haven’t got a 320 kbps

• Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, Tuti Bins said:

A lot of people have already got their deluxe editions, and still we haven’t got a 320 kbps

well if u have it submit it. dont have to complain about it.

I ordered it and its shipped w tracking. If I get it early ill def submit it. Shocked so many people already have it and nobody has submitted yet.

im seeing mostly transcodes presumably from this leak right now. ill check again later but i think higher quality will have to wait until leakday

320 added! along with Deluxe tracks "Gunfight" and "Tear You Down"

thanks @Aeon115

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

@Ashtiel its showing up as 160 for me. that's usually what cd rips turn out to be

8 minutes ago, Ossy33xxx said:

@Ashtiel its showing up as 160 for me. that's usually what cd rips turn out to be

🤦some tracks looked like 160 some 320. updated the post and ill fix the file names later

I did rip them from the CDs I got today, i just used Windows Media player and the MP3 format and 320kbps options, thats how Ive always ripped my cds. If im not doing something to get 320 on every song I apologize, what should I have done?

17 minutes ago, Aeon115 said:

I did rip them from the CDs I got today, i just used Windows Media player and the MP3 format and 320kbps options, thats how Ive always ripped my cds. If im not doing something to get 320 on every song I apologize, what should I have done?

Use EAC to rip CDs.

Winamp also rips 320s without any problem and is easier to set up than EAC.

None of the files for me show 160. Mine all show as 320. 

Just now, pudhead said:

None of the files for me show 160. Mine all show as 320. 

they're all 320 kbps but as far as spectrals go some are ~160 kbps.

Oh damn. Why would they be 160 if he ripped them in 320 straight from the discs? Confusing. Maybe he can re-rip them using EAC. 😉

• Upvote 2

Why are the bonus songs seperate? Are they from previous 160/320 rip?

The only confusing thing is to why a track titled "When The Devil Come' is on the "peace" disc. lol. These guys keep pumping out fresh new sounds with every album. I thought "Outlive" had been there weakest album, however they stepped it up again. My favorite "War" track is "Ash" and "Peace" track is "Loneliness"  on first listen

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ossy33xxx said:

The only confusing thing is to why a track titled "When The Devil Come' is on the "peace" disc. lol. These guys keep pumping out fresh new sounds with every album. I thought "Outlive" had been there weakest album, however they stepped it up again. My favorite "War" track is "Ash" and "Peace" track is "Loneliness"  on first listen

Imo, instrumentally, When the devil come is soft(er) than stuff on war. Also the lyrics seem to be based around "the end" (like end of a war) whuch normally is silence (or peace).

Just my interpretation.

• Upvote 1

Bonus tracks are FIRE!

• Love 1

Well the bonus tracks did not disappoint. Amazing <3 Words cannot express how much i love these albums.

• Love 1

I'll say it again: War is probably their best album so far.

Gunfight is awesome!

5 hours ago, Tuti Bins said:

I'll say it again: War is probably their best album so far.

Gunfight is awesome!

For myself, I loved peace it's there best but still, War is probably close to first as well. They did an amazing job for both albums.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

holy shit, the bonus track song ''tear you down'' is my fav. it's so good! the riffs are godly especially the one towards the end of the song.. fav on the album!

On 2/28/2019 at 8:28 PM, Ossy33xxx said:

Please ignore the quote & the embedded video. In my desperate attempts to get rid of the quote, I ended up linking that ;-; (HELP, I'm stupid)

This is my 2nd time listening to demon hunter. The first being 5-6 years back when I was new to "metal" & said "meh" to demon hunter back then. This time however...

I've heard both these albums like 7-8 times already now. I must say I love the concept of it, two polarizing albums with counteracting themes (somewhat). Love the album arts too.

While the overall tone of the songs on each of the albums is pretty much the same (with a few exceptions on peace) I easily enjoyed going through all of them without skipping any of them halfway through. It also helps that they're just the perfect length with no fillers, each album less than an hour long.

War is an energetic album,  something I can listen to while working/stuff & it would pump me up. The Negative, On My Side & Grey Matter stood out the most for me. 

Peace on the other hand, is more slower, something I can listen to after being done with the work/stuff & just contemplating in a peaceful way.

Loneliness & When the Devil Come stood out on this one.

While I can't just "rate" art, both the albums are gonna be on my everyday playlist forever.

Overall, it's a solid release, definitely AsOTM.