After some back and forth with Google, we've successfully resolved the "Deceptive site ahead" warning on browsers! Thanks to everyone who helped us appeal this!
serafina

Demon Hunter - War / Peace (Deluxe) (2019)

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SavageWraith said:

Man that's so shitty. I really hope it doesn't fuck them over. They're a really solid band. A couple weeks is one thing but damn near 2 months...that's pretty fucked.

Whether you are doing the leaking or listening to a leak and whether it’s a day before release, a week before release or a month before release it’s all the same and the same moral principle is at play. So no it’s not fucked, it’s all the same as any other leak. Cradle’s last album leaked just over 3 months before release so this is not unheard of BTW.

Other Releases by

This is the best they've been since I would say The World Is a Thorn. War is definitely heavy hitting and enjoyable head-banging goodness, but I actually found Peace to be really well done and much more memorable. If you may have fallen off the Demon Hunter bandwagon or maybe never gave em the time of day before, def give these a listen. I think there's something on here for everybody, maybe the best summation of all this band has to offer across the board.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Lesser Gods is one of their best track to date

Loneliness is a very good one too 

• Upvote 2

War is probably their best album so far.

Peace I found a bit boring, but maybe it will grow on me...

And btw, this 128 is quite good quality actually.

So I started with Peace first so here we go for this review.

Peace:
More Than Bones - 5/5 - Very catchy tune, Not something I would hear from Demon Hunter. Really surprised love it a lot. I think this is going to be a song I'm going to listen to a lot in 2019
I Don't Believe You - 5/5 - Very Catchy guitar riff in this song love it a lot. Lyrics are great. This is turning out to be a good record so far.
Loneliness - 4/5 - another catchy guitar riff in this song. good lyrics, great tone, and theme in a sense.
Peace - 4/5 - good lyrics. not much to really say bad about this track. Interesting ending with the electronics kind of liked it.
When The Devil Come - 5/5 - Great intro, love the acoustic guitar with the track. Suits it well. Love the outro in the song a lot.
Time Only Takes - 4/5 - Great song still. Great instrumental. Lyrics alright. Didn't get into it like the other tracks but still great tho
Two Ways - 5/5 - Ok I'm going to get hate for this but that start almost sounded like Chad from Nickelback. Hope that's not just me. Scared the shit out of me for a sec lol. Great song tho. Good harder style to the album. Love it. 
Recuse Myself - 3/5 - alright track. Doesn't hold up to the rest of the album I feel like idk tho. Good song tho.
Bet My Life - 4/5 - solid track not much to really say.
Fear is Not My Guide - 4/5 - Good ending to the album. Great slower song with the piano. like it. not catchy. But just right.

That was a solid album. I'm impressed by Demon Hunter. Onto War.

War:

Cut to Fit - 4.5/5 - Harder style. This is what I was expecting from demon hunter. great start to the album.
On My Side - 4/5 - a solid track from cut to fit to this. Still goes hard. 
Close Enough - 4.5/5 - great track for sure. Love the instrumentals in the song.
Unbound - 5/5 - Well shit that intro reminds me from some band that I know from somewhere. that's going to kill me not knowing. Anyways. Great song for sure. Fav from this album so far. Hard screams love them and lyrics, as well as instrumental, is great.
Grey Matter - 4.5/5 - Love the guitars in this song. Lyrics are great.
The Negative - 4.5/5 - I'm going to say its fun song. Great lyrics, great theme.
Ash - 3.5/5 - alright song, good lyrics. I just didn't get into. Loved the song still. wouldn't skip it at all just didn't like love it nor hated it
No Place For You Here - 4/5 really the same thing for ash. didn't love or hate it.
Leave me Alone - 4.5/5 - love the instrumental in this song. Great lyrics. Great guitar riff in this one
Lesser God - 5/5 - Great intro by far what I heard from both these albums. When the lyrics started kind of got me interested then we got the good old screams :) great ending for the album for sure. Love the theme for the track. Wish they didn't do that kind of vibrating effect with the voices but other than that great track. Love the Instrumental. Will be listening to this song a lot I feel like.

First off I'm not a Full Demon Hunter fan. I listened to there last album here on Kingdom leaks. It was alright Outlive. Don't think I listened fully to any other album. But I believe both of these albums out did Outlive.

If you're a new person to Demon Hunter you won't be disappointed. Probably if the record goes on sale around me I'll pick up Peace maybe even War. Both were that good.

Please check out both records once they come out guys. They deserve any stream or sale.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, daginge17 said:

After first listen to War, I'd give it an 8.5/10.  It's satisfyingly heavy and has the same Demon Hunter flair they've always had. Only negative might be that some of the hooks fall a little flat.  Screams are awesome tho.

Best Tracks: On My Side, Close Enough, The Negative, Lesser Gods

Worst Tracks: None... Seriously, this album is great

Update: Listened to Peace.  In my opinion, it doesn't match War by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still pretty good.  It honestly feels like an album of Demon Hunter B-sides which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  My main issue is that the tone of the album rarely changes and that some of the songs blend together to the point where I really couldn't tell which was which.  There are still some songs I'd come back to, but not nearly as many as War.

Rating: 6.5/10

Best Tracks: More Than Bones, Two Ways, Recuse Myself

Worst Tracks: Nothing inherently bad, just a lot of forgettable songs

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

This is cool and all...

But I'mma wait till 320. I'm preordering the deluxe Edition book too, and that comes with a bonus track for each album not obtainable otherwise, so I'm stoked.

• Love 1

On 1/18/2019 at 6:47 AM, drownwithmatt said:

Shit, too bad it's in 128 I almost got excited...

>Be KL user

>Downloads music for free

>master leakers leak an album THREE MONTHS before it's release

>"fuck I almost got excited, it's only a 128 kbps"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Im gonna stream it so much when it releases, because it will be deserved. These 2 albums are so EPIC. Loneliness hit home to me too. I was in awe of that song.

• Love 1

On 1/20/2019 at 3:08 PM, Daniel_Defoe said:

This is cool and all...

But I'mma wait till 320. I'm preordering the deluxe Edition book too, and that comes with a bonus track for each album not obtainable otherwise, so I'm stoked.

Nice, send that shit in when you get it, unless we have it by then. Im considering this one album and saying this is probably my new fav album of all time, LITERALLY cannot get it off replay. And i simply cannot believe there are still 2 more songs.

• Love 2

download complet, thank you for post

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, DisturbedOne said:

Nice, send that shit in when you get it, unless we have it by then. Im considering this one album and saying this is probably my new fav album of all time, LITERALLY cannot get it off replay. And i simply cannot believe there are still 2 more songs.

Dude I am SOO excited to hear the fucking bonus tracks.

It's so hard for me to not download this right now lol.

SUPER excited tho

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 1/23/2019 at 9:51 PM, Daniel_Defoe said:

Dude I am SOO excited to hear the fucking bonus tracks.

It's so hard for me to not download this right now lol.

SUPER excited tho

I dont think you'll be dissapointed. Its soo good

• Upvote 3

Wasn't a fan of the singles released but the albums as a whole are really good

• Upvote 2

Guest DeadSkies

God, shitty Christian Metal that blatantly ripped off the artwork for Trivium's Silence In The Snow...

On 1/27/2019 at 1:02 AM, DeadSkies said:

God, shitty Christian Metal that blatantly ripped off the artwork for Trivium's Silence In The Snow...

lol shitty trollin'... the Clark guys made some of the best artwork in the industry...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

War brings me back to the early days of Demon Hunter, braided together with a mix of new.

I love all the tracks on here, standouts to me are Close Enough, Unbound (the screams at the ending are badass!), and Lesser Gods.

Peace is mainly just Demon Hunter softer tracks, a couple of ballads, sprinkled with a dash of NYVES.

Again, I love all the tracks on here. I always have loved their softer songs, and I absolutely love their ballads as well. The ballad on this album (track #5, a recurring theme) is one of my favorites off Peace. Other standouts to me are I Don't Believe You, Loneliness, and Bet My Life.

And Fear Is Not My Guide is a chilling closer to the regular edition.

Demon Hunter is the band that got me into metal. Happy to still be listening to new music by them 15 years later.

• Love 1

All i can say is wow. Was never a big fan of this bands earlier stuff. Then extremist came out and that brought out a more melodic sound of the band. Ever since that album, they have been getting better and better. These albums are amazing, and it's awesome to be able to hear them early. I can listen to every song on both albums without skipping a track. War is definitely a lot heavier, where peace is a more melodic hard rock sound. Overall i give the albums a 10/10. For me to give this band a 10/10, that's saying something. Like i said, i wasn't a big fan of their earlier stuff. Fear is not my guide is probably one of the most amazing ballads I've heard in a long time. The piano is so catchy and amazing. I'm now learning how to play piano because i wanna learn that song. So far this is the best thing I've heard this year, but there is still so much more to come.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:35 PM, ciclamaino said:

Lesser Gods is one of their best track to date

Loneliness is a very good one too 

I agree, i love both those songs. But i also love fear is not my guide. The piano and his voice gives me goosebumps, it's so chilling. Made me wanna learn piano.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:26 PM, SavageWraith said:

Uh...why did this leak so early? Like yeah I'm stoked af, but a month and a half? That's really too early to leak something. If it leaked elsewhere I guess I kinda understand but it feels pretty scummy. Probably gonna wait for higher quality and closer to release. RIP Demon Hunter. I bet they're pretty upset about this.

I agree it blows, but an album this amazing is worth buying. And people who really really like the band and wanna support them will buy the albums. I'm definitely buying them, after listening to both albums i liked them so much i preordered them. So there can be a plus and positive side to all this.This is probably my favorite release from them so far.

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2019 at 7:02 PM, DeadSkies said:

I love reading comments posted by dumbass trolls, especially when their fucking blind as fuck. Not even close to Trivium's artwork for silence in the snow. And Demon Hunter has had this Logo for over a decade. Silence in the snow isn't eve close to a decade old yet. I love trivium, their one of my favorite bands. But if anyone copied anyone, it's the other way around. But like i said, it's not even close. So get your eyes checked. As for the shitty christian metal comment. To make a comment like that, makes it sound like your proud to be a devil worshiper. Not everyone has to believe in the same thing, but i feel bad for you down the road. Unless you find your way, your not gonna be happy in the afterlife.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2019 at 1:03 AM, Centralia121483 said:

I agree, i love both those songs. But i also love fear is not my guide. The piano and his voice gives me goosebumps, it's so chilling. Made me wanna learn piano.

Ryan + piano always equals a win.

But yeah, his vocals on both albums are on point! Especially all the cleans on Peace.

I can't wait to hear these tracks in higher quality! Hoping my albums arrive with haste.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:18 AM, Centralia121483 said:

I love reading comments posted by dumbass trolls, especially when their fucking blind as fuck. Not even close to Trivium's artwork for silence in the snow. And Demon Hunter has had this Logo for over a decade. Silence in the snow isn't eve close to a decade old yet. I love trivium, their one of my favorite bands. But if anyone copied anyone, it's the other way around. But like i said, it's not even close. So get your eyes checked. As for the shitty christian metal comment. To make a comment like that, makes it sound like your proud to be a devil worshiper. Not everyone has to believe in the same thing, but i feel bad for you down the road. Unless you find your way, your not gonna be happy in the afterlife.

How does it make him sound like a devil worshipper?

Not defending his stupid comment either. 

On 1/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, DeadSkies said:

Go with that logic, Demon Hunter ripped off a 2015 album cover their entire career? Yeah, no.

• Upvote 3

oh wow i just noticed that this wasnt due til March SKSKSKSK

no wonder why i wasnt able to find it on spotify at school  atfkhvLDKSLF HK

On 1/26/2019 at 7:02 PM, DeadSkies said:

sure janet

https://www.discogs.com/artist/346710-Demon-Hunter

On 1/26/2019 at 5:02 PM, DeadSkies said:

Shitty?
Maybe, but not to most of us.

Christian?

Yes, is that a problem?

Ripped off SITS cover?

Ha. This has been their album-cover theme for over a decade.

• Upvote 1

Remember back in the day around ‘99-2002ish.... albums use to leak like 3 months in advance it seemed 

Theyve said people are getting their deluxes, i wish we'd get those boner tracks - i mean bonus tracks :D

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2019 at 7:40 AM, DisturbedOne said:

Theyve said people are getting their deluxes, i wish we'd get those boner tracks - i mean bonus tracks :D

Yeah some people have.

I ordered Deluxe with vinyl so I won't be getting that until next week or so probably... which really sucks but oh well!

BTW music video will be out next week for On My Side. Not posting it now due to respecting bands wishes.

• Sad 1

Im shocked no 320 rip. The deluxe editions have been shipped for a bit now. Many people have it. 

• Upvote 1