calla

Demon Hunter - War / Peace (Deluxe) (2019)

89 posts in this topic

Fuck this is an early surprise! Thanks!!!

• Upvote 1

@Ashtiel you just made my fucking day dude. Demon Hunter leaked before Bring Me The Horizon is definitely a WOAH.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

We always get the wrong ones :(

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 4

#masterleakers

anyone wanna give some more in depths thoughts on this?

Shit, too bad it's in 128 I almost got excited...

• Upvote 1

whoah thats early lets see if its better than their last work

Don't care for this band but wow that's some artwork 

• Upvote 1

Why do they sound like Sonata Arctica without the shred now? :lol:

Well its safe to say for me this is another amazing set of releases for the DH discography. Gonna pre-order it very soon. Cant wait for the bonus tracks

1 hour ago, drownwithmatt said:

Shit, too bad it's in 128 I almost got excited...

It may be 128 but it sounds very good to me. Some 128s are actually not bad

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

Well its safe to say for me this is another amazing set of releases for the DH discography. Gonna pre-order it very soon. Cant wait for the bonus tracks

It may be 128 but it sounds very good to me. Some 128s are actually not bad

I 100% knew I'd get backlash for this :lol: But you're right, it's actually listenable.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, drownwithmatt said:

I 100% knew I'd get backlash for this :lol: But you're right, it's actually listenable.

I always get 128s to see, most of em arent bad. The born of osiris one was also pretty good.

• Upvote 1

Wow, someone really drop the ball there, a double album leaks a month in a half early, damn

• Upvote 4

WOW, out of NO WHERE! So happy to see this come this early. Thanks a ton for posting.

war is really good, havent listened to peace yet 

Man, all my bullshit aside this is actually really good. Really digging War so far amongst the two.

After first listen to War, I'd give it an 8.5/10.  It's satisfyingly heavy and has the same Demon Hunter flair they've always had. Only negative might be that some of the hooks fall a little flat.  Screams are awesome tho.

Best Tracks: On My Side, Close Enough, The Negative, Lesser Gods

Worst Tracks: None... Seriously, this album is great

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

War fucking slaps so far. Sounds a lot like old Demon Hunter to me, much better than Outlive was. Hopefully Peace is just as good, havent listened to it yet.

• Upvote 3

War is pretty good.. Peace is okay.. kinda got the feeling that when they mixed and cut some songs we would've had one really great album

Wonder why these early ones are always ripped in 128. If you have the disc to rip then just do 320. Confuses me. Maybe the source of these will drop them in 320 and just to get the rip out quickly he/she did 128. 

• Upvote 1

Peace was actually really solid. It has some great hooks on it 8/10, now..........onto War!!!

BT: Recuse Myself, Peace, Two Ways, I Don't Believe You, Loneliness 

WHAT? Already:

How is this possible??

Certainly not what I expected to see this morning. Lol.  Really digging War, peace isn't bad either, but war is definitely the highlight.

Holy shit KL is fucking god tier, as always. What a beautiful surprise this is! Gonna jam this shit all night

• Love 1

Uh...why did this leak so early? Like yeah I'm stoked af, but a month and a half? That's really too early to leak something. If it leaked elsewhere I guess I kinda understand but it feels pretty scummy. Probably gonna wait for higher quality and closer to release. RIP Demon Hunter. I bet they're pretty upset about this.

• Upvote 3

Just now, SavageWraith said:

Uh...why did this leak so early? Like yeah I'm stoked af, but a month and a half? That's really too early to leak something. If it leaked elsewhere I guess I kinda understand but it feels pretty scummy. Probably gonna wait for higher quality and closer to release. RIP Demon Hunter. I bet they're pretty upset about this.

i was asking the same question and the best conclusion i could come to after looking most of everywhere i could think of: someone pulled the trigger too early and it was a fuck-up on a retailer or someone's end.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ashtiel said:

i was asking the same question and the best conclusion i could come to after looking most of everywhere i could think of: someone pulled the trigger too early and it was a fuck-up on a retailer or someone's end.

Man that's so shitty. I really hope it doesn't fuck them over. They're a really solid band. A couple weeks is one thing but damn near 2 months...that's pretty fucked.

• Upvote 1