Lord Rorschach

Too Close To Touch - I'm Hard To Love, But So Are You, Vol. 1 (EP) (2019)

43 posts in this topic

cover.jpg

Leaked
Release - January 18th, 2019

Genre - Alternative Rock

Quality - MP3 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Hard to Love

2. Casket

3. The Fear of Letting Go

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

What? I thought it's gonna be just a single?

EDIT: hmm it sounds way poppy than anything they've done before. not sure if I like this, their post-hardcore stuff was clearly better imo.

• Upvote 2

Thanks!

Good EP, but is it me or the mix sounds strange?

• Upvote 3

Agree, it sounds way more poppier than their previous stuff, it's not bad but they have done a lot better in the past.

• Upvote 1

I think they do a pretty solid job with this new direction, but I do think they're probably better at their old sound, and I say that as a big fan of bands in this scene going the alternative/pop rock direction. I'm intrigued though, wasn't expecting this.

• Upvote 2

Yikes, their first two albums were amazing as fuck. This poppy EP isn't their best stuff at all. Is it bad? Not really. Is it bad compared to their previous work? Hells yeah. Fuck man, what was this band thinking.....

• Upvote 4

FLAC added!

3rd Album Slump incoming 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Sad that one of my favorite bands in the last 5 years is gonna fall pray to this trend😔

last album was so good, not sure how I feel about the change 

the fact that their music was so emotional and aggressive was kinda their selling point to me, without that they're kinda just another band

it's certainly not bad, casket is a nice little song, but it's not what made them special 

hmm 

edit: fear of letting go is also a nice song, sounds like one of the softer songs on haven't been myself, still hope any forthcoming music they're planning on putting out packs a bit more of a punch

• Upvote 5

@maximomckinnon Thought the same thing about “ The Fear Of Letting Go”  2nd Album B-side. This ep was basically 2 poppy songs and a b side. Every single from last year was better than this whole E.P. Didn’t feel the emotion in this at all. 

Edit: Forgot to add that after those singles last year the lead guitarist and bass player left.... Key elements left, but not replaced. Evident in this release. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jformjersey147 said:

@maximomckinnon Thought the same thing about “ The Fear Of Letting Go”  2nd Album B-side. This ep was basically 2 poppy songs and a b side. Every single from last year was better than this whole E.P. Didn’t feel the emotion in this at all. 

Edit: Forgot to add that after those singles last year the lead guitarist and bass player left.... Key elements left, but not replaced. Evident in this release. 

what the hell, wow what a change of tune.....  this isn't the old  "too close to touch" that I remember.  Just putting on the Poisons Single vs this new stuff, something is off with this.  The whole emotional edge of the old sound is lost.  

The Fear of Letting Go is great, the rest is just mediocre. They shouldn't go down the alt route already, they could have gotten at least 1 or 2 more albums of that post hardcore sound their fans love.

Let it be known 2 of their members left the band. As such, they've decided to continue on as a trio, hence the drastic sound change.

• Upvote 5

there is zero soul in this. sad to see this band heading in this direction.

• Upvote 2

This is legit crap I’m so sad :( although the last song is decent IMO 

• Upvote 1

Maybe they also want to make the vocals easier for Keaton to do live going forward because he has become awful live. I've seen them 4 times over the past 4 years and Keaton was great the first time I saw them, and then has progressively been worse live every subsequent show I saw them. The last show I saw them at he did almost no signing because he was constantly out of breath. Now granted in this time he has gained a lot of weight, which I'm sure hasn't helped. But damn this sucks. As others have commented this lacks the raw emotion of his vocals. His transition from singing to screaming is still my favourite of any vocalist. It sounded soooo good. This is just so :dumbass:

Edit: the end of The Fear of Letting Go is basically exactly my beef with his vocals now. I would imagine he normally would have sang this part similar to how he sings the chorus of What I Wish I Could Forget. The problem is this ending falls so flat emotionally. You can also really hear him struggling to try to do it.

• Upvote 3

:/ Not feeling any of these songs at all. Really hope this isn't their new sound. I love their first two records a lot but this EP is meh.

• Upvote 2

Coming from someone who put their last album as my AOTY of 2016, this EP was underwhelming. I don't have a problem with the poppier vibe on this, it's just these feel mediocre compared to their first two albums (and the three songs they released in 2017). What made this band great in the first place was the heart put into those vocals, and it feels like it's nowhere to be found on here. The end of The Fear of Letting Go is the closest we get, but that falls super flat when you can hear him struggling to get those vocals again. I was hoping the year long break from touring would've improved his vocals in a live setting, but this isn't looking good :/

• Upvote 3

I like it but it is nowhere near as good as their first 2 albums.

• Upvote 1

Oh man these comments aren't reassuring. Their follow up album never hit the highs as their debut did in terms of technicality or enjoyment for me... but I guess I knew they were going the poppy route..

what the fuck is this

how have we gone from songs like eiley to this 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

Hard yikes. The 3rd song is the closest one to their older stuff and the rest is closer to that Sleeptalk band. The difference is Sleeptalk played that style much better. Nerve Endings stays undefeated.

Edit: Thanks for posting, nonetheless.

8 hours ago, Joseph said:

what the fuck is this

how have we gone from songs like eiley to this 

Unfortunately I agree.

I think these songs are great, but most of the last album was better. I dont get why they would change their sound this drastically when they were actually doing really well lol. The 2 members leaving obviously isnt the reason, the last song is very reminiscent of their other material ( and the best song on this)

• Upvote 1

Lol, just the other day I said I couldn't wait till new TCTT stuff, guess you know the saying, be careful what you wish for.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

Pretty disappointed with this to tell the truth. I'll probably still jam it a fair bit, but this isn't anywhere near what I was expecting

• Upvote 1

Hey, maybe they're going to this sound so Keaton can actually perform halfway decently live. Dude is the literal definition of hot garbage live.

• Upvote 1