Sign in to follow this  
Chief

Dance Gavin Dance "Mothership" album details

29 posts in this topic

Post Hardcore favorites Dance Gavin Dance, will release their 7th studio album titled "Mothership" on October 7th through Rise Records.

Preorder CD HERE

Preorder on iTunes HERE

They also will embark on "The Mothership Tour", with The Contortionist Hail the Sun and Good Tiger starting in September.

Buy tour tickets HERE

gallery_3_3_92906.jpeg

Tracklist:

1. Chucky vs. The Giant Tortoise 
2. Young Robot 
3. Frozen One 
4. Flossie Dickey Bounce 
5. Deception 
6. Inspire The Liars 
7. Philosopher King 
8. Here Comes The Winner 
9. Exposed 
10. Betrayed By The Game 
11. Petting Zoo Justice 
12. Chocolate Jackalope 
13. Man Of The Year
  • Love 3

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Other Releases by

I am very excited for this and it is probably going to be straight fire. 

Didn't they JUST put out an album???? Or am I crazy?

They released a live recorded album this year, so no new material. But they released "Instant Gratification" last year, which was voted AOTY by the community here.

They released a live recorded album this year, so no new material. But they released "Instant Gratification" last year, which was voted AOTY by the community here.

I just hope that since it's only been a year or so that the album doesn't come out sounding forced or half assed. We all saw what happened when TCM did that...

I just hope that since it's only been a year or so that the album doesn't come out sounding forced or half assed. We all saw what happened when TCM did that...

Well, don't mean to sound cliche but "DGD can do no wrong".

• Love 5

Stoked for this. One of the best bands in the scene.

How naive of me to think one of the best years music was going to have a weak ending. Cant wait for this

And I am like: "Shut up and take my money" - But paypal says: "Nope. You need to approve your bank account" ... I HAVE FUCKING DONE THAT YEARS AGO!!!

Now I cannot pre-order until tomorrow or the day after that. Best bundles are gonna be sold out by then.

woosa ...

Petting Zoo Justice will be the heaviest song they've ever produced I know it.

SUPER HYPED FOR THIS! 

I mean, they do release an album like every year/ year and a half and its usually straight fire so my hopes are pretty high. The band can honestly do no wrong. Theyve been in the game long enough to know what theyre doing lol. Super pumped.

wow, cannot wait for this masterpiece.

i hope they release a new song in the next few days!

• Love 2

tumblr_mttgabOKue1r85uiyo1_500.gif

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Idk about you guys, but i'm rock solid. 

I mean, they do release an album like every year/ year and a half and its usually straight fire so my hopes are pretty high. The band can honestly do no wrong. Theyve been in the game long enough to know what theyre doing lol. Super pumped.

There were less than 10 months between the release of Death Star and Happiness, and those two albums sound massively different, but equally amazing. So I'm not worried in the slightest about a drop in quality. Apparently, Chocolate Jackalope starts with a riff that Will has nicknamed the Einstein riff, so there's that.

• Love 1

UEKtCU2.gif

No words on the cover?  Floating object?  IT'S GONNA BE THE SELF-TITLED ALBUM 2.0 BOIIIIII CONFIRMED

What are the odds that 'Man of the Year' is a Schoolboy Q cover?

Very low but a man can dream.

Finally completed my pre-order, I even got hands on one of those limited Vinyl LPs. That surprised me; makes me wonder: Is the Vinyl limited to 300 overall or is it 300 per bundle, so 1500 in total (because there are five bundles)? If it was 300 altoghether, I would be surprised on how slowly these bundles seem to go away. Probably I am just overestimating on how badly people need this, because I needed it so much! ^^

Finally completed my pre-order, I even got hands on one of those limited Vinyl LPs. That surprised me; makes me wonder: Is the Vinyl limited to 300 overall or is it 300 per bundle, so 1500 in total (because there are five bundles)? If it was 300 altoghether, I would be surprised on how slowly these bundles seem to go away. Probably I am just overestimating on how badly people need this, because I needed it so much! ^^

that variant is out of 300, overall there are 5 varians with a total of 7000. I dont wanna buy the bundle cause i dont need all those other stuff. so I might grap that 500 or 1500 variant tho

300 - Tri Color Striped - Aqua Blue / Mustard / Hot Pink

500 - Splatter - Highlight Yellow with Hot Pink Splatter

700 -Splatter - Coke Bottle Green with Doublemint Splatter

1,500 - Solid Color - Hot Pink

4,000 - Solid Color - Mustard

~ now we’re gone, left without a trace, but we took something they cannot replace ~

Somehow what I was thinking, though I didn't know that there were any variants other than the Tri Color Striped and Coke Bottle Green. I thought the Tri Color Striped might have had a total of 1500 because its spread over 5 bundles. Thanks for clearing that up!

Somehow what I was thinking, though I didn't know that there were any variants other than the Tri Color Striped and Coke Bottle Green. I thought the Tri Color Striped might have had a total of 1500 because its spread over 5 bundles. Thanks for clearing that up!

no problem, rise usually states the pressing info on their website

~ now we’re gone, left without a trace, but we took something they cannot replace ~

Any news on a single yet?

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

Any news on a single yet?

Nope. It took them almost a whole week to release "On The Run" after announcing Instant Gratification so they're probably waiting until August starts to release a single.

What band does TCM stand for?