Rorschach

THE FEVER 333 - STRENGTH IN NUMB333RS (Japanese Edition) (2019)

89 posts in this topic

This album is fucking solid. This will be on repeat all day. Thanks.

Other Releases by

That intro is so solid my god.

Definitely better production on this one than the EP, you can  tell they did a proper studio recording session. This one sounds like they are ready to take the world by storm.

• Upvote 1

Omg I have to hit the gym in 10 minutes and don't have my headphones with me, I can't wait dammit

Ooooooh yeah! I'm ready! Woooo

I AM A GUN ON THE RUN!! YEAH .UH!! I AM A GUN ON THE RUN!!

After listening to more than the half album now. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting softish songs. But they are very much welcomed. Jason put together a very unique album. So far every song is standing out. Everything is mixed perfectly. I can really pick up on the influences from other bands but it's still Fevers own sound at the same time :D loving the symphonic sounds on Am I Here. INGLEWOOD was just fantastic. The singles are my favorites still tbh lol. But a 9/10 for me. As someone who never really listened to letlive not being a fan this really is a completely new band for me :lol: what a great debut album from The Fever. 

Why there is not "Am I Here" track? Am I the one who didn't see them ?_?

image.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hellion6 said:

After listening to more than the half album now. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting softish songs. But they are very much welcomed. Jason put together a very unique album. So far every song is standing out. Everything is mixed perfectly. I can really pick up on the influences from other bands but it's still Fevers own sound at the same time :D loving the symphonic sounds on Am I Here. INGLEWOOD was just fantastic. The singles are my favorites still tbh lol. But a 9/10 for me. As someone who never really listened to letlive not being a fan this really is a completely new band for me :lol: what a great debut album from The Fever. 

That second half of INGLEWOOD sounds a bit like King 810 for me...

• Upvote 1

Here's my Review for the fever 333. Note they did combine tracks to one another so i will count them as separate songs.

... = 4/5 - Intro to the album as aspect nothing to much here.

Burn it = 5/5 - Love this track still. Great first single to the album.

ANIMAL = 5/5 - Great 2nd single to the album not much to really say about it.

Prey for me = 4.5/5 - Good song. Kind of catchy lyrics the only downside to this song is i think it will get annoying fast. After listening to the album all morning im starting to feel that

3 = 2/5 - Odd vibe to this one from going to a song from prey for me. I dont really know what to say.

One Of us = 3/5 - Alright song. Kind of cool vibe they did with the kids at the start. I heard this kind of song vibe with a rap song just forget the name of it but still alright. Its an Average track love the chorus.

Inglewood = 4.9/5 - Boys. We finally got some letlive. Vibe back finally. You're probably wondering why i get it a weird number 4.9. Well for that reason its doing the same with prey for me catchy chorus but gets old fast and annoying. But I also had Hollywood undead Five album vibes i think Ghost beach is the song im thinking of. Maybe they did kind of slower style and did the same pace as ghost beach who knows tho. But i wish for more stuff like this but less over used chorus.

3 = 1/5 - im sorry but what the fuck is this version of 3. You go from a song like letlive back to a fever 333 kind of song. Get this shit off of here.

The innocent = 4/5 - Great song for sure. same chorus tho. I really dont know guys

Out of control = 4/5 - OK this one surprised the fuck outta me. This one is total Nothing more Vibes if you listen closely to the chorus. Im kind of glad they went this direction it kind of works. For sure its good.

3 = 5/5 - I love this version of 3 and it works great with out of control well. Love this one alot.

Am I here? = 4/5 - Good slower tone song to the album. I remember someone said linkin park vibes. In a sense but i dont hear it, i dont know.

COUP DETALK = 5/5 - Great ending to the record. Great catchy instrumental. This song im actually excited to see live.

Overall the album is using alot of over used lyrics and some songs get old fast. I do recommend checking out the record and its better than the EP for sure.

Can't wait to hear more reviews on what people love and dont like about the album.

• Upvote 4

I wanted more POV and were coming in. While this release is good it’s not my favorite . Maybe after more listens it will grow on next

2 hours ago, Alicemalice said:

Why there is not "Am I Here" track? Am I the one who didn't see them ?_?

image.png

1 hour ago, highfivepunk said:

is anyone else missing track 9?

Try now Fellas :) 

• Upvote 1

Didn't Disappoint, absolutely stellar. Glad Jason is still putting out rad tunes.

Solid album but The Fever is an industry plant and I don't want people to forget that

• Downvote 2

I'm really not a fan of this, but I'm more than thrilled to see Jason getting some broad recognition...  dudes been true to himself through everything he's been involved with, with all these other bands dumbing their shit down its refreshing when an artist matures naturally. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

I'm really not a fan of this, but I'm more than thrilled to see Jason getting some broad recognition...  dudes been true to himself through everything he's been involved with, with all these other bands dumbing their shit down its refreshing when an artist matures naturally. 

I'm glad you mentioned his name because it caused me to google who it was...had no idea that Jason was Jason Butler. I saw these guys at River City Rockfest and I agree - not my cup of tea - but I love that he is getting some recognition. letlive. should have been known on a much bigger scale than they were. Glad these guys are. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, KatoMacabre said:

We're only 17 days into 2019 and I probably already listened to the best album of the year. 

so true

and i agree with almost everyone here. This is a very pleasant surprise and im really enjoying the LP

• Upvote 1

Just finished the album and wow this was absolutely fantastic such a great blend of rock, rap and hip hop and other genres too, probably one of the most unique albums I've listened to this year. I'm right there with everyone else that gets Linkin Park and RATM vibes, it's a great record highly recommend you listen to it, some of my favs are Burn it, Prey For Me, One of Us, The Innocent and Out Of Control. This and Commonwealth should keep me occupied till Amo leaks.

• Upvote 1

its different enough from the EP to be interesting without losing the sound that they built themselves on. perfect progression for a band! i hope it doesnt get forgotten for being an early release of the year, its really good!

This album was a little disappointing for me, I liked it, but I expected more... I thought it would be a bit more experimental, the formula used in all tracks are basically the same, which makes the record a little annoying for me, but nothing that gets in the way too much, it's still a good album, nothing "Wow", but "It's ok, is good".

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed this! Some real Rage Against The Machine/Rap-Rock influence here and Jason sounds so comfortable doing it! I love it! Thank you!

Went through half of the album so far, it's enjoyable for sure, can't get the hype of the topic tho

but it's good

lyrics are indeed a bit cheesy but that's okay

letlive vibes form that as you'd expect, enjoyable throughout even if the structure is a bit samey in places

would have been nice to have some songs with a bit more punch in them like on the EP

7/10

• Upvote 2

It's an okay album to say the least.

Overall, the album feels like a hodepodge of some of the musical/lyrical styles & themes that have been popularly done before. All 3 of the /3 felt out of place.

Don't get me wrong, it works. It just feels like it's been done one too many times before it's almost, subliminal yet uninspiring here. 

I also cannot deny that Jason's talent shines bright in this record through & through and I'll be looking forward to what he conjures next, but this one is a soft pass from me.

• Upvote 1

... = 3/5 Just a standard intro, nothing overwhelming

Burn It = 5/5 It'll be a banger for a long time, so intense

Animal = 4/5 same as @realowl

Prey for me/3 = 3/5 I really have mixed feelings for this one, it is indeed a sort of unexpected song, though I can't really feel the first 3 minutes of it.

One of Us = 3/5 They played this one live in London a few months ago <3  I'm a sucker for distorted vocals.. and then that tune both at the beginning and at the end of the song omg. On the other hand, it sounds like it's one of the songs that didn't make it to the EP and that had been initially discarded, it has that kind of vibe though there's that "thing" missing that would make it a stick to your brain.

Inglewood/3 = 2/5 Not really my cup of tea in general to be honest. For me it'll remain probably a nice song for late night drives or to play acoustic with your friends, it's not one of those songs that I'd go and look up on Spotify. I would've probably preferred if it would've stopped at 3:55 without turning into a generic Palisades song

Didn't listen to anything else so far, it's an okay record for now.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2019 at 3:33 PM, TylerDurden said:

Glad everyone is enjoying this. I wasn't a fan of the Made An America EP much at all, so I was very surprised by how much I dug this album... very glad this project is progressing in a way I can get behind, I'm a huge fan of the members' previous bands and am happy that they're getting so big already with this.

+1. I love letlive., but the EP of Fever was... Meh. But holy shit, this album is gold.

• Upvote 1

I didn't really care for the EP, but this album is fantastic. Cover to cover solid, pleasantly surprised for sure.