Lord Kingdom

Born of Osiris - The Simulation (2019)

72 posts in this topic

Okay, I read these comments and then listened to the album/mini-lp whatever the f. Don't do what I did. Let me start with something that seems to be unanimous...The Discovery is an amazing piece of work. This is no The Discovery. I have come to the conclusion awhile ago that BoO gets something right every other release. This is no exception. In my humble opinion the following tracklist would make this a much better and enjoyable listen. 1. Silence the Echo. 2. Analogs In a Cell 3.One Without the Other 4. Disconnectome. A simple  EP done right without any fluff. I'll still listen to everything this band puts out but I really do expect more from them than what I get more often than not. Overall 6/10. No hate to those who love this...to each's own. Love ya KL! 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ConArtista said:

Okay, I read these comments and then listened to the album/mini-lp whatever the f. Don't do what I did. Let me start with something that seems to be unanimous...The Discovery is an amazing piece of work. This is no The Discovery. I have come to the conclusion awhile ago that BoO gets something right every other release. This is no exception. In my humble opinion the following tracklist would make this a much better and enjoyable listen. 1. Silence the Echo. 2. Analogs In a Cell 3.One Without the Other 4. Disconnectome. A simple  EP done right without any fluff. I'll still listen to everything this band puts out but I really do expect more from them than what I get more often than not. Overall 6/10. No hate to those who love this...to each's own. Love ya KL! 

You're not even wrong, The Accursed and Under The Gun are pretty fucking lackluster and then if I had to cut another song of the 5 full ones it would be the one you dropped as well because the chorus is just decent (the rest of the song being great). So yeah I can completely agree with you, as a whole the EP isn't great but the great parts of it is some of their coolest material this decade.

• Upvote 1

Easily better than SS and TWDA. Although it is a little short, the quality of majority of these tracks are pretty high. Even Under the Gun, which feels out of place and is the worst track here has some redeeming qualities. Disconnectome and Analogs in a Cell are the best here. 

• Confused 1

This one wreaks of the same disease that Of Mice & Men's last album does. Each individual song is great, but they all kinda mend together when put next to each other as an album. Trying to think back to it, it's not all that memorable at all.

It's like they picked the worst song to be the singles. What a great album

Edit: what the hell is that Recursion song hahahaha 

• Upvote 1

So good - really looking forward to the second half of this

• Upvote 2

New Born Of Osiris single cover got leaked 🤘🏻😂😂
I made this just for shits and giggles, no offense, new EP is pretty good
Also, I'm back at making artworks and design, be sure to check me out, if you're interested
https://www.facebook.com/physyadelicdesign
©2019 - All Rights Reserved

BOO.png

• Haha 2

12 days into 2019 and there is already some sick shit. Now that's what I call an amazing start. 

Fuck yeah, love this album.

Way better than I expected. BOO was never my kind of band but after Tomorrow We Die Alive they kept gaining my attention more and more. This album didn't disappointed me at all, I really enjoyed it.

• Upvote 1