Rorschach

Shrezzers - Relationships (2019)

94 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Its a nice catchy listen with some bangers here and there and there's plenty talent involved but that's about it sadly.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

1 hour ago, drownwithmatt said:

been bugging me for a while now, also "mystery" has this part that sounds exactly like:

can't seem to unhear it, anyone?

I do hear both of these lol... the Bruno melody is a pretty common pop melody as another user said, so I’m inclined to chalk that up to coincidence. Considering how much this band clearly draws influence from DGD though, I’m not so sure the part from “The Cuddler” being in there is a coincidence... but in any case, it’s still not that bad imo. Still interesting finds though!

16 minutes ago, desk said:

Its a nice catchy listen with some bangers here and there and there's plenty talent involved but that's about it sadly.

I agree, but I also think that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The description you used could also describe pretty much any DGD album, which is what some people criticize that band for... basically writing catchy and technically saavy music but not really reaching for greater thematic depth. However the flip side of that is that (imo) not every album needs to have a ton of depth to be enjoyable, sometimes catchy bangers are enough. I think it really depends on what people look for in a “great” album.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

I do hear both of these lol... the Bruno melody is a pretty common pop melody as another user said, so I’m inclined to chalk that up to coincidence. Considering how much this band clearly draws influence from DGD though, I’m not so sure the part from “The Cuddler” being in there is a coincidence... but in any case, it’s still not that bad imo. Still interesting finds though!

Oh I never meant to shame them for it or anything, I dig all those songs personally, I just found it interesting as you said! Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy haha

• Upvote 1

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

This album is soooo damn good.  The melodies are so intricate and everywhere throughout the album.  So damn catchy and bouncy but technical at the same time.  It's a shame this album will get overlooked as amo comes out soon.  Amo as a whole won't even compare to the Intro to this album (meme yes, but still true).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Remember, don't knock it till you try it. And don't ignite a fire if your scared of the flames. You should all know what this means :)

on another note, can't believe I stayed up all-night for this, now I can't sleep watching daylight shine in. been thoroughly enjoying this release and I'm so damn happy KL introduced me to them with the singles. Always trust this site :wub: thanks a bunch :D

1 minute ago, SpicyPikachu said:

Amo as a whole won't even compare to the Intro to this album (meme yes, but still true).

:lol: burst out laughing at this. Too true too funny. Fucking nice. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks! Been waiting a long time for this release!

Yea. The vocals are a no for me. Dudes voice is too monotonous to be interesting an his articulation is really bad lol. Music is good tho. 

I feel like Andres does this better.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Crowing51 said:

Yea. The vocals are a no for me. Dudes voice is too monotonous to be interesting an his articulation is really bad lol. Music is good tho. 

I feel like Andres does this better.

They even made fun of that a little bit in the intro track lol "the dude sings in like spanish or french or whatever"

Plus they are russian, so english isn't their first language...  Can't hate em for trying.

Is the dude that screams in the video is the same dude that always do those comic videos on internet?! He once interviewed people at a show and asked them to try to scream. Btw that saxxx is sex to my ears.

• Upvote 1

HOW MANY YEARS I'VE WAITED ?
I DONT EVEN KNOW
BUT IT'S HERE
REJOICE

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I actually listened to the intro. So funny :lol: literally talk about their own band hahahaha and they are stuck in an elevator... "Eh let's listen to that Shrezzers album" :jams:

I'm happy that we got such a quality album so early into the year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Damn, possible AOTY hittin' hard four days into 2019

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

I agree, but I also think that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The description you used could also describe pretty much any DGD album, which is what some people criticize that band for... basically writing catchy and technically saavy music but not really reaching for greater thematic depth. However the flip side of that is that (imo) not every album needs to have a ton of depth to be enjoyable, sometimes catchy bangers are enough. I think it really depends on what people look for in a “great” album.

Oh I know exactly what you mean but with DGD it's usually still much more solid and grounded and they don't have to rely on 8 features, some of which don't really fit (like the Wildwayz vocalist imo), and even tho most DGD albums end up being conceptless chaotic catchy mess (heh) the musicianship is way above, then again, DGD is an old band and these guys are from a variety of projects so it's kinda great that it still ends up sounding awesome majority of them but at the same time it still feels rather amateurish and more than I'd like it to be personally.

For example the Anaraak song is not bad at all on paper but in reality it just feels like boneless mix of Shokran and Born of Osiris (I called that out to a friend before I even saw the features). I also have a thing for most accents, a negative thing, so that adds to it. :D 

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Such an amazing album doesn't the start of knuckles sound like issues - Flojo

2 hours ago, Adec21 said:

Is the dude that screams in the video is the same dude that always do those comic videos on internet?! He once interviewed people at a show and asked them to try to scream. Btw that saxxx is sex to my ears.

That is the guest feature in that song (EMOJIQUEEN).  He is not part of the band, but yeah, that's Jared Dines.

This album is so weird. I like it. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, desk said:

Oh I know exactly what you mean but with DGD it's usually still much more solid and grounded and they don't have to rely on 8 features, some of which don't really fit (like the Wildwayz vocalist imo), and even tho most DGD albums end up being conceptless chaotic catchy mess (heh) the musicianship is way above, then again, DGD is an old band and these guys are from a variety of projects so it's kinda great that it still ends up sounding awesome majority of them but at the same time it still feels rather amateurish and more than I'd like it to be personally.

For example the Anaraak song is not bad at all on paper but in reality it just feels like boneless mix of Shokran and Born of Osiris (I called that out to a friend before I even saw the features). I also have a thing for most accents, a negative thing, so that adds to it. :D 

I agree with you on that it does sound like an amateur band with production 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shawn sin said:

Technically if you edit the album yourself and put their Sad cover and delete the intro you have 13 amazing songs.......having Mystery be the intro and put Sad before Relationships

Screenshot_20190104-071024_Samsung Music.jpg

How does one move around the songs in itunes? or in the file itself?

Architects goes blegh
Acrania goes OIIIIIIIIIIIIINC
Sherezzers goes WOO

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Andydobson12 said:

Such an amazing album doesn't the start of knuckles sound like issues - Flojo

It does! The scratching is sort of executed in similar way on both intros

There's also this glitch hoppy vibe on both tracks. I could push this even further saying the vocal patterns at some point sound very Tyler Carter or Issues-like but I think it's pushing it a bit too far and I should just stfu at this point. :lol:

3 minutes ago, HyperMato said:

You change the track number?

• Love 1

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

36 minutes ago, SpicyPikachu said:

That is the guest feature in that song (EMOJIQUEEN).  He is not part of the band, but yeah, that's Jared Dines.

Yes I was aware he was just a guest feature, that’s why I specified “in the video” hahah but thanks bud for confirming it’s him!

15 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

Yes I was aware he was just a guest feature, that’s why I specified “in the video” hahah but thanks bud for confirming it’s him!

Sorry, lol, didn't mean to sound redundant or anything.  I couldn't remember which video was the one that was tagged in the post and I was too lazy to click once and check, so I assumed you meant the guest feature given your description of his videos.  I didn't mean to assume that you didn't know, just wanted to provide all the information anyways.

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, HyperMato said:

I downloaded it from here and used an app to edit the track number 

5 minutes ago, SpicyPikachu said:

Sorry, lol, didn't mean to sound redundant or anything.  I couldn't remember which video was the one that was tagged in the post and I was too lazy to click once and check, so I assumed you meant the guest feature given your description of his videos.  I didn't mean to assume that you didn't know, just wanted to provide all the information anyways.

Thanks for that reply, it’s rare someone on internet actually tries to avoid a conflict. haha I’m glad you didn’t take it the wrong way either when I replied that I knew, like a know it all. hahah But don’t worry it’s fine, it was clear you didn’t mean it the wrong way. hehehe

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

Thanks for that reply, it’s rare someone on internet actually tries to avoid a conflict. haha I’m glad you didn’t take it the wrong way either when I replied that I knew, like a know it all. hahah But don’t worry it’s fine, it was clear you didn’t mean it the wrong way. hehehe

Glad to see we are both on the same page ;)  I hope you're enjoying this album and having a great day! 

• Upvote 1

Damn it took FOREVER for this album to come out.