Rorschach

Palisades - Erase the Pain (2018)

69 posts in this topic

Patient is great, rest isn't as.

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

I remember listening to them back in the day and they were like really electronic (unless I have them mixed up with someone else?) and I couldn't get into it at all. But I heard Fade and that kind of sold me on the album. Now I fucking love it, great album.

On 12/25/2018 at 1:11 AM, B R D S X said:

best to wait to judge the actual sound when it is not 128

thought that too but all of the official single releases have the same problem.

feels like a waste to spend songwriting effort on low quality recordings.

waiting for 320

21 minutes ago, rxchvrd said:

waiting for 320

same

'war' sounds like low effort breaking Benjamin rock, I don't think ill like this

then again, I'm a huge fan of the first two, hype core albums so what do I know : /

I liked the entire album and pre-ordered it immediately after hearing it

320 added!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Lord Kingdom said:

320 added!

Thank you my man

FLAC added!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I haven't listened to these guys since their very first EP came out and I saw them live, one of my first concerts, fairly good stuff.

well damn, this is pre good.  a lot more streamlined than the rest of their discog imo.  a lot of verse/chorus/verse/bridge structures... but it works here.   

another pleasant surprise

On 12/26/2018 at 11:10 AM, rxchvrd said:

waiting for 320

OK THIS ALBUM IS SO FUCKING GOOD OMG

Kinda what I expected from them, it's good obviously

Seen Palisades Twice (with ONE OK ROCK and then on the War Tour). Am not disappointed, very solid metal album (and much better than the self-titled). Definitely will be looking into seeing them again next time they're in the area! 

Favorite songs (In Order): Patient, Ways To Disappear, Push, Ghost, War
Least Favorite Songs: Fragile Bones, Vendetta

A solid 9/10, can't wait to hear more Palisades!

It's a really good album, honestly 8/10 from me. Fade stands out the most, definitely my fave track. Other tracks are really good, like Vendetta, Erase The Pain, War, Ghost. Rest is less memorable but still bangs

• Love 1

Not really a fan of this band... but enjoyed this album! was looking forward to hearing it since war came out and was not disappointed.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:08 PM, Venomborn said:

Track 5 is accidentally mislabeled as "Run Away" when it's actually "Ways to Disappear". Not sure how, but yeah, thought I'd mention that :) 

This album is so fucking good, btw. Love it!

I think that was the original title because in the official MP3 Digital Download offered by their website label it lists the song as "Run Away"

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2018 at 1:00 AM, Rian-AL said:

Surely the best album of December!!!

It's not really saying anything to be the album of the month during this lame ass weak rotting december, but it's really the only shining light in the dark. Very good album indeed.

this sounds like something i'd find on a COD montage made by jebasu 

it's a solid album though, nothing special but consistent throughout 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Didnt even bother downloading because I didnt like the singles much. Now that its on Spotify and someone recommended it to me I thought I'd give it a shot, I did love their last album after all.

Can't believe how much I like this okay album :D I like the Nu-Metalcore sound they went for, but jesus christ they must have listened to a lot of Linkin Park before writing this. I think the choruses are great, that doesn't mean that you have to make sure to throw them into each song 10 times. A little repetitive sometimes. Also, the lyrics are ass lmao.

Overall, not exactly what I was hoping for after self titled, still a nice album. Definitely a more solid album than Mind Games. 7/10

Self Titled > this > mind games > the scenecore one.

• Upvote 2

this whole album is good. favorite tracks are erase the pain, ways to disappear, fragile bones

Compared to their Self Titled album (which was my favorite album of 2017), this one sounds a little too basic and straightforward for them. What I liked so much about Self Titled is how they made use of synths. Those little electronic sampling details. Erase The Pain is more guitar driven. I still love the band, and will always support them. But I was underwhelmed by this one, especially by the mix. Sounds kind of muddy. Usually Howard Benson has a slicker production than this. (And yes, I listened to the 320 version). Anyway, I really like "Patient". That song stuck out to me immediately. "Push" is also really good. "Ways To Disappear" and "Fade" are decent.