Hope

If I Were You - Inner Signals (2018)

49 posts in this topic

"Its time for the moment you've been waiting for" "Duh-du-du-duh-du-du-du-duh"

One of the most consistently impressive and amazing bands ever. Had a strong feeling about them in 2013 with their "End of An Era" release, and I am so glad they are still going strong, and somehow getting even better with time like a goddamned fine wine. I have adored everything these guys have created. This is no exception. 10/10 <3

How the fuck are people comparing this to BTF's new album and New Demons?! This sounds nothing like either of those.

Just because Devin is in a feature does not make this ISS2.

Also, this album, besides Broken because Devin is what makes the song, is pretty damn generic. I've heard bands that sound exactly like this for years. If anything this is like a worse version of Wage War.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

How the fuck are people comparing this to BTF's new album and New Demons?! This sounds nothing like either of those.

Just because Devin is in a feature does not make this ISS2.

Also, this album, besides Broken because Devin is what makes the song, is pretty damn generic. I've heard bands that sound exactly like this for years. If anything this is like a worse version of Wage War.

I agree, while this album isn't bad, I don't get the hype around it. It sounds very generic.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RpgRiser said:

I agree, while this album isn't bad, I don't get the hype around it. It sounds very generic.

I don't think they're terrible either, believe me I've heard way worse. It's just I have heard this completely before many times over.

this is incredibly fun, not much more than that... which is perfectly fine, sometimes that's all you need. 

I enjoy this album quite a bit, even if it is not the first time sounds like these have been made. Luckily I am not only looking for completely original tunes, if I was I probably wouldn't have much to listen to. Really good album though, and check out We Are Perspectives album as well, it sounds like other things though so do it at your own risk.

While I agree with some comments out there about being a sound that has been used quite frequently(tonnnesss), they execute it with perfection. I wouldn’t be ready to say they’re a bad copy of Wage War tho. They have a different sound structure even if the used of vocals and some riffs are similar. This band offers enough variety of different song structures that doesn’t make me hear Wage War at all.  At some point I even I hear some Erra and even clean vocals that reminds me of Haste The Day in their Attack of the wolf era. Like I said, personally I feel like they offer enough variety to make this a very solid metalcore/post-hardcore release. Also I agree that they’re way better than blessthefall latest material.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

Also I agree that they’re way better than blessthefall latest material.

I just don't understand why people are making this connection in the first place???

6 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

I just don't understand why people are making this connection in the first place???

To be honest I sucked and followed a certain trend going on in this thread. hahah I’m ashamed... Maybe just because blessthefall was a huge piece of post-hardcore for a while. Because I agree that there’s more aspects that doesn’t sound alike compared to the ones that could link them.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

I don’t think it’s a sound comparison, but rather a genre comparison saying this is better.

I stand by what I said though. This album is far more Metalcore than Post Hardcore.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely amazing, just the perfect way the end 2018. These guys never disappoint

• Upvote 1

this band is so amazing, totally unexpected but that cover had caught my attention.  Thanks for sharing this! 

• Upvote 3

some of these songs are pretty good; paralysis, defeat, broken

sounds a lot like I See Stars

• Downvote 1

Just got around to listening to this and i've gotta say, this and Palisades saved December. Little too hard for me to be on a daily shuffle, but still good.

• Upvote 1