eris

Papa Roach - Who Do You Trust? (2019)

80 posts in this topic

Pretty much every of their albums got leaked and nothing happened, I don't think that one leak will kill the band.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this early leak, too bad album is not worth listening

• Downvote 2

Feel Like Home is one of the best songs they've done in years, but the rest of this is aggressively mediocre to bad (especially the Imagine Dragons influenced tracks)

Well I remember Sempiternal did leak waaaaaaay prior to its release... I don't think that BMTH has leaked since then ;)

(moreover, it's not as if Who Do You Trust was the most anticipated release of the year ^^)

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2018 at 6:16 PM, B R D S X said:

not a common opinion, but " Lovehatetragedy " is their best and my favorite and by a large margin. That album is so awesome.

huh. I am big on Infest and Getting away With Murder. Pobably a bit more Getting Away With Murder. You reckon i like this record or no?

• Love 1

Damn, Papa Roach have really fallen off of their Nu-metal game. Cant get into the new stuff anymore :(

3 hours ago, Weiße Rose said:

huh. I am big on Infest and Getting away With Murder. Pobably a bit more Getting Away With Murder. You reckon i like this record or no?

Why not just give it a spin?

Guest pod4477

This feels like a concept album to me.  Seeing the 80's effects on the music videos and hearing the singles, I got 80's vibes.  Most of the distortion sounds completely different than previous albums.  More synths now which makes me think they wanted it to sound 80's.  They definitely wanted to change things up on most of this album, and to ditch the heavily distorted/overproduced distortion, for more of a gritty/crunchy tube sounding distortion.  Usually I don't like it when bands do that, but it kind of works here.  I'm sure on some songs they are using similar amps/dirty channel, but it just seems like a theme here.  This album is kind of a refreshing, but also weird direction for Papa.  I enjoyed Crooked Teeth, but I felt that the second half of the album was not that memorable.  The album was a good throwback though and I liked it, but it just felt like a hodgepodge of all their styles and it didn't really mesh together well.  Too over-produced sounding.  Maybe that is why they went with a grittier sounding production on this album?  

I enjoyed F.E.A.R  and The Connection more than Crooked Teeth because the tracks flowed better and I felt Papa Roach wasn't trying to go back to old-school, like on Crooked Teeth (although it sounded good).  It feels like Roach is trying to the complete other direction now by trying to have a new/modern sound.  *Listening again to older tracks compared to new, and wow the distortion is so different now :(*. I do like some of the new direction here, but some is just bad, like the worst Papa Roach has ever done.  Their worst though is still not that bad though.  

22 hours ago, Why Nolin? said:

Why not just give it a spin?

time is precious my friend.

I still want to listen to new records by these bands:

New Beyonce
Tool
The Cure
Brand New
For All Eternity
Deerhunter
Valleyheart
Winds of Plague
Paradise Lost
Despised Exile
Sailing Before the Wind
Tribulation
Azusa
Craft
Anaal Nathrakh
Hangman's Chair
American Nightmare
The Sound that Ends Creation
Daughters
Portrayal of Guilt
Outer Heaven
Horrendous
UADA
Wayfarer
In the Woods
Gorod
Haken
Tesseract
Polyphia
Monuments
Sigh - Heir to Despair
Immortal
Sarah Longfield
Thy Catafalque
Altars of Grief
Deadpressure
Vermilia
Infernal Wound
Cosmic Church
Svartidaudi - Revelations of the Red Sword
Outre Tombe
Haunt
Vovoid
Here Lies Man
Nervosa
Unrequvited
Windir
Sojourner
Panopticon
Solstafir
Satan
Idle Hands
Dautha
Sacred Reich
Akhenaten

8 hours ago, Why Nolin? said:

@Weiße Rose still not a problem to give at least half the album a spin, that's like 15 mins 🤷

alrigth you win. I'll listen to it later

Cool I'll let my local middle school know about this album.

since they were an early 2000s thing i went in with rather low expectations. i tried and halfway thru this album i gave up. shit is terrible

On 12/15/2018 at 9:16 AM, B R D S X said:

not a common opinion, but " Lovehatetragedy " is their best and my favorite and by a large margin. That album is so awesome.

this is exactly how i feel. i can still go back to that album and listen all the way through.

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2018 at 10:48 PM, xcblackdiamond said:

Not tryna gang up on you but I think Papa Roach is a bit bigger than FATS 😂

Oh no I agree. Even by memes alone. It wasn't a comparison of equals. Just more of an observation. If abyone thought I was saying they had equal fame, well they must be pretty fucking stupid lol. Shit Papa Roach was in Mech Assault. I was bumping PR during LAN parties for Halo 1&2 back in the day. 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:16 AM, B R D S X said:

i 100  % agree.  Easily one of my faves as well

"I Suffer Well'...wow! just full on power and angst. This one replaces my coffee in the morning.

good record but not great. one of my favorite bands... def lost some steam with this release 

This album is a little weak for me but i like it