Ashtiel

Papa Roach - Who Do You Trust? (2019)

78 posts in this topic

i see a recurring theme with this band. i like most of the singles but the albums are generally bad otherwise.

I like this album I think it has good songs, but if I was going to compare it to their other albums they've done better in the past

13 minutes ago, Satan's Favourite said:

i see a recurring theme with this band. i like most of the singles but the albums are generally bad otherwise.

the singles were the worst part of this album in my opinion

• Upvote 3

I Suffer Well is stupid awesome. Only song I actually dislike is Problems. Solid release. Probably on part with Crooked Teeth for me 4/5

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DORBUSCUS said:

I Suffer Well is stupid awesome. Only song I actually dislike is Problems. Solid release. Probably on part with Crooked Teeth for me 4/5

Three words, Linkin Park - War 😄

37 minutes ago, B R D S X said:

the singles were the worst part of this album in my opinion

i havent listened to this yet lol

im busy revisiting Paramore right now

everything sounds computer generated. even the guitars.

it's like the singer fired everyone after recording track 10 and used garageband for the rest.

3 hours ago, B R D S X said:

not a common opinion, but " Lovehatetragedy " is their best and my favorite and by a large margin. That album is so awesome.

I second this

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Satan's Favourite said:

i havent listened to this yet lol

im busy revisiting Paramore right now

Paramour Sessions is fantastic..prob my 2nd favorite 

• Upvote 1

Who Do You Trust, is Papa Roach's version of One More Light

And I fucking love it!

And a little bit of Imagine Dragons 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, B R D S X said:

Honestly, it has some really catchy vocal melodies on it, but hands down my least favorite album from them and by a LARGE MARGIN 

311- Large in The Margin

some 311 fans here, and I dig it!

I will never understand their appeal. Most of their discography is bland and edgy. I did enjoy their direction on The Connection though. Leader of the Broken Hearts is an extremely POWERFUL song!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Satan's Favourite said:

Image result for paramore

Hahaha, got that joke. The Paramore Sessions.

Well, that was also a band which I've listened to in the past, I still do, but...their new stuff is nothing for me really.

@B R D S X and @dewey duck I third this

• Upvote 2

last album was awful, looks like this one is even worse, time to call it quits papa

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

56 minutes ago, LinaK said:

last album was awful, looks like this one is even worse, time to call it quits papa

nani the fuck how is crooked teeth awful? 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Burst said:

he's not wrong tho, half of the songs really are bad. The rest are good though, pretty much the same situation here.

16 hours ago, SuperXeroBoy said:

Who Do You Trust, is Papa Roach's version of One More Light

And I fucking love it!

And a little bit of Imagine Dragons 🤷🏽‍♂️

Howly shiet how can you make such awful comparison

19 hours ago, realowl said:

Here we go Papa Roach Review:
01: The Ending 2/5 - meh
02: Renegade Music 4/5 - Really great Single
03: Not The Only One 3.5/5 - it's not that bad its alright but works
04: Who Do You Trust 2/5 - get's pretty annoying after
a while
05: Elevate 5/5 - Really great song for sure. Love it. They did well for a imagine dragons wannabe I would pick them over them.
06: Come Around 5/5 - Damn this is a different vibe what papa roach does I like it. They did well I thought
07: Feel Like Home 3.5/5 - Its alright doesn't hold up to the rest of the album so far that's what I think. It's a song I don't hate or love but I wouldn't skip it.
08: Problems 2/5 - Yeah no. The bridge parts are good but the rest is like why did you make this song Jacob. It's a good beat but lyrics no.
09: Top of the World 5/5 - Oh yeah this song you can really tell with the imagine dragons vibe. Like I said with Elevate it worked and to me, it works with them. I don't want them to go full Imagine dragons but the odd song works like this. Its good tho. Can't wait to hear this Live.
10: I Suffer Well 3/5 - good song really hard for papa roach a lot more screams and such. But too short. Should have been longer.
11: Manic 3/5 - its alright could have been better.
12: Better Than Life 3/5 - same as manic its alright just could have been I feel like.

Verdict: 41/60 or 6.8/10

Really good album some good songs and some not so much. I do recommend you guys check out the album once it fully does come out tho :) 

Agree with the review!

• Love 3

5 hours ago, Burst said:

Well, that was also a band which I've listened to in the past, I still do, but...their new stuff is nothing for me really.

yeah After Laughter wasnt my cup of tea. Fake Happy is really the only song on the album i consider listenable tbqh.

their best record is still RIOT!.

2 hours ago, Why Nolin? said:

he's not wrong tho, half of the songs really are bad. The rest are good though, pretty much the same situation here.

I mean yes, there were 1-3 songs I didn't like from Crooked Teeth, agreed, but the rest is pretty good imo

@Satan's Favourite For me, it'll always be "All We Know Is Falling"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Burst said:

I mean yes, there were 1-3 songs I didn't like from Crooked Teeth, agreed, but the rest is pretty good imo

@Satan's Favourite For me, it'll always be "All We Know Is Falling"

Pressure will always be a bop yes.

This leaked a bit too early lads. Not cool. Last time an album leaked this early they disbanded. I'm having For All Those Sleeping 'Incomplete Me' ptsd. Hopefully leaking this early doesn't fuck em over too bad.

Appreciate the post but I'll hold off for now. A week or 2. But a whole month? Goodness.

12 hours ago, Burst said:

low quality bait m8

3 hours ago, SavageWraith said:

This leaked a bit too early lads. Not cool. Last time an album leaked this early they disbanded. I'm having For All Those Sleeping 'Incomplete Me' ptsd. Hopefully leaking this early doesn't fuck em over too bad.

Appreciate the post but I'll hold off for now. A week or 2. But a whole month? Goodness.

It was sold by an online retailer on accident, hence the leak. And it's only a month, pretty sure Papa Roach will be ok.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, SavageWraith said:

There have been even earlier leaks than a month this year

• Love 1

4 hours ago, SavageWraith said:

Not tryna gang up on you but I think Papa Roach is a bit bigger than FATS 😂

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

It was sold by an online retailer on accident, hence the leak. And it's only a month, pretty sure Papa Roach will be ok.

Pretty sure multi-platinum Papa Roach, with 20 million albums sold, will survive a one month early leak lol

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1