Ashtiel

Papa Roach - Who Do You Trust? (2019)

78 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - January 18th, 2019
Genre - Alternative Rock
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC (16-bit, 24-bit)

Tracklist:

01. The Ending (3:29)
02. Renegade Music (3:29)
03. Not the Only One (3:25)
04. Who Do You Trust? (3:16)
05. Elevate (3:11)
06. Come Around (3:30)
07. Feel like Home (3:10)
08. Problems (3:03)
09. Top of the World (3:53)
10. I Suffer Well (1:21)
11. Maniac (3:20)
12. Better Than Life (3:21)

Total length: 38:30

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4
  • Confused 2

I'm so excited to listen to this. But sleep comes first. Literally just got my internet back 20 minutes ago. Thanks so much @Ashtiel . 

01. The Ending (4,5/5) - First most favourite on this album, this song is pretty different, but damn fucking catchy and lyrics are very good
02. Renegade Music (3,5/5) - RATM, not much said, not much expected
03. Not the Only One (2/5) - This is the sad side of album, it's chaotic, too generic, weird, too poppy, potential is here, but very little
04. Who Do You Trust? (3/5) - I just cannot get on with the repetition, it's not a bad song, don't get me wrong, but didn't give much for me
05. Elevate (1/5) - Wannabe Imagine Dragons #1
06. Come Around - (4/5) - Third most favourite on this album, softer song, but this one touched me on my feels
07. Feel like Home (3/5) - Again a bit touching on your heart, but didn't catch me as much as Come Around, even tho it's not bad at all
08. Problems (2/5) - Wannabe Fall Out Boy 2018 
09. Top of the World (1/5) - Wannabe Imagine Dragons #2
10. I Suffer Well (4/5) - It's very short, but it gave me Linkin Park's War vibes, it's heavy af, but the run time is sad
11. Maniac (4,5/5) - This is my second most favourite on this album, Shaddix screams are great and overall it flows nicely, kudos on this one
12. Better Than Life (3/5) - I mean, it's something, not like worst thing, the beginning is rusty and sounds like Ne-Yo song, but then power is put in

Verdict: 2,958/5 so 3/5....yeah, 3/5 :lol:

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

@Rian-AL 

Now that is super early.

• Upvote 1

Now matter how hard I try, I just can’t get excited about a new Papa Roach album in 2018.

• Upvote 1

Just finished it. Not a bad album. It's what I expected from Papa Roach tbh. It's kinda like Crooked Teeth, there are songs I like and some I generally only find "alright". But overall, it's a good album and it fits to Papa Roach for sure. There are songs like The Ending which was completely unexpected but also songs like "Problems" which are...eh. But, I'm satisfied. It'll start off 2019 good, imo.

Favorite songs: The Ending, Renegade Music, Elevate, Come Around, I Suffer Well

• Upvote 2

Really liked Elevate but man the preview song is so bad that I dont even feel like downloading

3 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Really liked Elevate but man the preview song is so bad that I dont even feel like downloading

It's really not that bad, it's good :) give it a try, 6/10 for me as I said higher

I feel like the last album was almost Infest part 2. This reminds me more of Getting Away With Murder or The Connection and it's not bad. Solid rock music. Love the album art too. Very different for a Papa Roach album. Thanks for the early leak. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Surprising to see this leak over a month early. Usually never happens anymore, especially with bigger names. But grateful none the less, thank you much for posting.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Buttercup420 said:

Now matter how hard I try, I just can’t get excited about a new Papa Roach album in 2018.

that's okay cause it comes out in 2019.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Speak of Sorrow said:

"I feel like the last album was almost Infest part 2." this

Ahh. Crooked Teeth was the only album I felt that had songs that borderline nu metal or a rap rock sound that songs like Last Resort and American Dreams have. But songs like Crooked Teeth sounded more Lovehatetragedy era. This band is a mixed bag for me. 

16-bit FLAC added!

• Upvote 2

Wow KL this is an amazing surprise to wake up to

• Upvote 1

I'm actually pissed off at such a heavy song like I Suffer Well. I don't see it as something to the heavy fans. It's like a strip tease. It's a minute long, it could have gone somewhere, and they just randomly slapped it into the middle of an album filled with 2018 "alt rock" (more like electronic rock/pop) songs.

I don't see this new wave of "alt rock as true rock, it's really more like alternative. When I think of rock, I see it range from The Beatles to Led Zeppelin to Nirvana to bands nowadays like Sevendust and Chevelle. It can be softer but usually involves guitar, bass, and drums. There's more electronic beats than guitar riffs in this album.

Papa Roach is an all time number one for me. THE band that got me into rock and heavier music. Crooked Teeth was the album that brought a breath of fresh air. It was energized, recaptured some older ideas (Crooked Teeth) and even fused them with newer elements but did it in a way that WORKS (Born for Greatness).

Songs like Born for Greatness, involving rapping and electronics like songs on this album do, are great because it had passion. Jacoby really put some emphasis behind his rapping and the lyrics. The track was bouncy and had cool guitar work too and flowed well. Most people I know don't listen to rock, but would rap and sing along to that song even though it was still rock because they did it well. Now compare it to a song like Who Do You Trust or any other similar song on this album and.....just nothing stands out as interesting.

Listen it has its few moments like in Renegade Music and Maniac has some cool screams, but its a no for me dawg. Y'all rushed this out. Take some time off, focus on writing your own songs, and get us some good music from Papa Roach.

• Love 1

not a common opinion, but " Lovehatetragedy " is their best and my favorite and by a large margin. That album is so awesome.

• Upvote 6

Here we go Papa Roach Review:
01: The Ending 2/5 - meh
02: Renegade Music 4/5 - Really great Single
03: Not The Only One 3.5/5 - it's not that bad its alright but works
04: Who Do You Trust 2/5 - get's pretty annoying after
a while
05: Elevate 5/5 - Really great song for sure. Love it. They did well for a imagine dragons wannabe I would pick them over them.
06: Come Around 5/5 - Damn this is a different vibe what papa roach does I like it. They did well I thought
07: Feel Like Home 3.5/5 - Its alright doesn't hold up to the rest of the album so far that's what I think. It's a song I don't hate or love but I wouldn't skip it.
08: Problems 2/5 - Yeah no. The bridge parts are good but the rest is like why did you make this song Jacob. It's a good beat but lyrics no.
09: Top of the World 5/5 - Oh yeah this song you can really tell with the imagine dragons vibe. Like I said with Elevate it worked and to me, it works with them. I don't want them to go full Imagine dragons but the odd song works like this. Its good tho. Can't wait to hear this Live.
10: I Suffer Well 3/5 - good song really hard for papa roach a lot more screams and such. But too short. Should have been longer.
11: Manic 3/5 - its alright could have been better.
12: Better Than Life 3/5 - same as manic its alright just could have been better I feel like.

Verdict: 41/60 or 6.8/10

Really good album some good songs and some not so much. I do recommend you guys check out the album once it fully does come out tho :) 

I think Jacoby's comments about this being full of "bangers" was very misleading. It sounds like they let the success of Born for Greatness influence everything else. Like how Disturbed went all soft after Sound of Silence 

• Upvote 1

Was not expecting this so early but let's go!!

Honestly, it has some really catchy vocal melodies on it, but hands down my least favorite album from them and by a LARGE MARGIN 

311- Large in The Margin

• Upvote 5