1. Reboot (00:55)
2. Fortune and Glory, Kid (03:05)
3. Shinebox (03:58)
4. I Am Tetsuo (03:47)
5. Bastard from a Basket (03:34)
6. The Shimmer (01:22)
7. Nitroglycerin (03:36)
8. Tears in Rain (03:58)
9. Moloko Plus (feat. Garrett Russell) (05:04)
10. Hannah (03:44)
11. You Were Right (05:21)
12. Ian Hates Gretchen (03:06)
13. 300 Pages (02:14)
14. My Friends, You Bow to No One (06:18)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 9
  • Love 6

This album is like 40% 6/10 genericore that's 5 years late and 40% pretty damn awesome bangers and some cool chill songs here and there. Very cool interludes, sadly they don't make much sense with the actual songs.

• Haha 2

iam so in love with laurens voice! 

thank you so much for uploading <3

WOAH!!!  she can sing! Good one.
#GIRLPOWER <3

Not as good as I had hoped it would be, and I actually don't like the mix much at all. Shame considering they crowdfuned a shitload of money to get it produced well.

I still really enjoyed some of this though.

After hearing the old Shinebox mix so many times, the new one sounds so weird. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I enjoyed this from beginning to the end. I actually felt like the album kept getting better until the very end. I loved the breather it gives you with Moloko Plus and Hannah, and the way they transition into You Were Right (probably my favorite song from their EP). Favorite songs are probably Ian Hates Gretchen and the last one which I thought had ended early. This actually exceeded my expectations. lol

Anyone that was initially let down by Erase Me should dig this pretty hard. This band is super influenced by DTGL/LITSOS, and it definitely scratches that Underoath itch.

When I say super influenced, I mean some riffs might be lifted from those albums. The opening chords for Seven Six Two off the EP could be played after There Could Be Nothing After This. They kind of recycled it for the intro to the new version of You Were Right, with some minor strumming changes. Bastard In A Basket is structurally similar to Coming Down Is Calming Down. The intro-1:30 in both songs are really only different in drum patterns, but after that they're mostly different songs.

• Upvote 1

It is pretty good 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, its lowpoints stand out way more than its high points, some of these songs bang, and the others are just unnoticeable 

• Upvote 1

FUCK maybe im biased but this whole album exceeded my expectations. Everything is so good!

As always, I don't care for interludes so here we go

• Reboot - Awesome intro, taken from their EP
  • Fortune - Gets straight into it, never slows down, BANGER
  • Shinebox - LOVE the new mix, it just adds so much more now, very atmospheric. BANGER
  • I Am Tetsuo - Probably in my top 3. Love the focus on the singing and the lyrics. Takes a little break from the heavy while remaining balanced
  • Bastard from a Basket - Jesus, fire all the way through. One of the heaviest on the record. The riffs are too killer
  • Nitro - Great single, Obviously the bass and riffs just take over and slap you in the face, heavy asf
  • Tears in Rain - Another one that takes isnt as heavy, but remains balanced. Also focuses on Lauren's singing, the lyrics are so awesome too. Such a solid track
  • Moloko Plus - Garret. Fucking. Russell. Need I say more!? The dude is a beast and just took over this track, Sounds like a Silent Planet song. I LOVE the slow instrumentals in the middle and how it comes back at the end and just finished so strong and teabags you.
  • Hannah - People might just hate this track, but I love it. It's a nice soft change and just lets you breathe a bit before continuing the heaviness and chaos. Very soothing song with the piano.
  • You Were Right - Taken from their EP, remixed and it's still as good as it was on the EP. In this version, Lauren does all the screams. Super solid track still
  • Ian Hates Gretchen - That FUCKING BASS, this song is just all over the place and I LOVE it. 
  • My Friends, You Bow to No One - This is how you end a fucking album. I love the length, probably my #1 favorite. It's such a strong ending to a very great debut album. It's heavy, it's loud, the lyrics are just so awesome, they just go well with the music. I was afraid it was going to end too soon then comes back after the couple minutes of silence and just goes so hard. One of my favorite album enders ever. C E R T I F I E D   B A N G E R

Listen, this is nothing new. They didn't invent anything new. It has already been called generic, but it's like they made 'generic' and made it VERY enjoyable and fun. I honestly didn't find many low points at all. It just stands out way more than lots of other post hardcore records. They set such a super solid foundation with this release. You can hear so many influences and I love that it's all very organic and naturally diverse throughout the entire album while remaining so solid and strong with their intentions with the sounds. They did exceptional work here.

• Upvote 4

I'm only up to Hannah, but I love this album a lot actually. Yeah, its not reinventing the wheel and I feel a lot of strong old school Underoath vibes, but it brings me memories of a time when my life was waaaaaay simpler and I love that.

• Upvote 1

Still listening through but the transition from Shimmering into Nitroglycerin gave me such a great feeling. I can imagine it being massive live

For 14 songs I'd expect more variety and for there to be a lot more memorable about this album. 

It's a good and solid album but that's about it.

I can’t decide if I like this, but I can’t stop listening to find out. Maybe that’s a good thing. Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2018 at 9:00 PM, desk said:

This album is like 40% 6/10 genericore that's 5 years late and 40% pretty damn awesome bangers and some cool chill songs here and there. Very cool interludes, sadly they don't make much sense with the actual songs.

But where's the remaining 20% standing? :lol:

• Upvote 1

Not as good as I hoped, the singles were the better tracks! Still pretty good overall

37 minutes ago, drownwithmatt said:

But where's the remaining 20% standing? :lol:

Read again

I think it's really good. Glad I backed it, actually prefer this version of Shinebox, which is a nice surprise. 

For Shinebox, the production on this one is better than the single, but I think I prefer the original more. I also think the tuning between the 2 is different.

For the rest of the album, a solid 8/10.

5 hours ago, desk said:

Read again

Oh, gotcha :rolleyes:

Man this album is pretty great. A little long for my taste especially since it never really switches up much and does seem pretty generic but it's not bad at all.  

I prefer Red Handed Denial by miles...but this has some cool moments too.