The site has been successfully restored at 10 PM EST on February 19th from the backup taken at 4 AM on the same day. We were forced to do this due to a fatal system error. If something is missing, this is probably why. If you find any bugs as a result of this restore, please let us know immediately.
Michael

XXXTENTACION - SKINS (2018)

99 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, B R D S X said:

well, it IS short and crap, not sure about unfinished, but that wouldn't make a difference.

That's your opinion lmao. 

And yes it is unfinished haha, he is dead. He didn't have time to fully complete/add anything/release the album himself. 
Hence why most of the songs are a snippet on a loop.

• Downvote 1

Other Releases by

19 minutes ago, SuddenChanges said:

That's your opinion lmao. 

And yes it is unfinished haha, he is dead. He didn't have time to fully complete/add anything/release the album himself. 
Hence why most of the songs are a snippet on a loop.

of course, it is my opinion...and like I said, wouldn't make a difference. 

• Downvote 1

I’ve read in a few reports that Skins was already done MONTHS in advance before he died. The record was and is, for all intents and purposes, finished in his vision. That might worsen people’s view on this record, but it is what it is. Plus, it was already confirmed that he finished ANOTHER album (Bad Vibes Forever) with a new label earlier this year as well, so expect that to drop in the near future.

This record was clearly a little mixtape that cleverly fits his 17 gimmick, thus the length of this record. Is it his best? No, but we are getting one more after this! I’ve gone through this record a couple times, and it’s got its moments. He has better music, but I’ll enjoy any music from him that I can. Neither he or the people around him were/are perfect people, but his art is pretty unique, in my opinion. Can’t wait to hear the last of his stuff!

everyone upset about the length saying it was only released for money: did you not see his interview where he said each song was going to be super short?

I regret saying bad shit about him, he's a part of the culture now whether we like it or not.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, highfivepunk said:

everyone upset about the length saying it was only released for money: did you not see his interview where he said each song was going to be super short?

I am more upset that people actually supported this guy, as an artist and as a person.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Anyone else have the suspicion that this guy would have gone on to form some kind of revival nu-metal group..? I get a mad nu-metal vibe from some of these tracks tbh, but this is the first album I've listened to from him. 

10 minutes ago, B R D S X said:

I am more upset that people actually supported this guy, as an artist and as a person.

i mean he did bad things, but that shouldn't immediately "cancel" him. he learned from his mistakes and became a positive role model and promoted the idea of speaking up about mental health. the entire "cancel" culture creates this idea that celebrities are unforgivable when they screw up and that they should have their lives ruined. it says that people can't change and he clearly did. im not defending what he did before, but he obviously changed and shouldn't just be held against his past, but also what he became.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, highfivepunk said:

i mean he did bad things, but that shouldn't immediately "cancel" him. he learned from his mistakes and became a positive role model and promoted the idea of speaking up about mental health. the entire "cancel" culture creates this idea that celebrities are unforgivable when they screw up and that they should have their lives ruined. it says that people can't change and he clearly did. im not defending what he did before, but he obviously changed and shouldn't just be held against his past, but also what he became.

People ruin their own lives, not the public.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, artiswar said:

Anyone else have the suspicion that this guy would have gone on to form some kind of revival nu-metal group..? I get a mad nu-metal vibe from some of these tracks tbh, but this is the first album I've listened to from him. 

haven't listened to this because I can't get past who the dude was as a person... but have you heard this?

I guess I'm talking specifically about Staring At The Sky and One Minute. Which is like half the album I guess. And that track you linked also fits that mold, I hadn't heard that one. I actually like this album quite a bit and Bad is a really fucking good track. Might check out his other shit. 

Edited by artiswar

320 and FLAC added!

On 12/4/2018 at 10:27 PM, Daniel_Defoe said:

Not trying to be rude, dude I swear. Just saying. Being only 20 minutes........that's intense.

I know a 5 song EP that is longer than this. 

Meshuggah has a 1 song ep called "I"  longer than this ?

• Haha 2

Such a shame how much great music this guy could have given us. 

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Even when he was alive many of the songs he released were short like that. Take "Riot", my personal fav song by him, which clocks in at just 1:18. That was part of his gimmick. Pretty sure the short tracks were to take advantage of the YouTube era, whether due to the short attention span of millennial's, or just to rack up views for ad revenue.

• Upvote 1

Not bad

On 12/6/2018 at 3:38 AM, B R D S X said:

well, it IS short and crap, not sure about unfinished, but that wouldn't make a difference.

the elite douchebag back again with a comment nobody gives a fuck about. why dont you ever keep your shitty comments to yourself man? Does it give a purpose to your sad life to be a keyboard warrior? pathetic

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/5/2018 at 10:03 PM, Daniel_Defoe said:

There's your problem. This is less than 20 mintues.

I wasn't saying it was an album,  I was just saying that what you said was technically wrong - retard.

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

goddamn these comments are salty 

Love the triggered ones, like my most recent mention lol

• Haha 1

Just now, B R D S X said:

Love the triggered ones, like my most recent mention lol

these guy's need to learn how to passive aggressively spam downvotes like adults 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

these guy's need to learn how to passive aggressively spam downvotes like adults 

Lmao I just called a retard. I mean. Whatever. If they wanna disagree with my personal opinion, that's not my problem lol

17 minutes ago, Maxi Milian said:

the elite douchebag back again with a comment nobody gives a fuck about. why dont you ever keep your shitty comments to yourself man? Does it give a purpose to your sad life to be a keyboard warrior? pathetic

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Maxi Milian said:

Let's be honest, you replying to that saying "comment that nobody gives a fuck about" means you give a fuck :lol:

• Upvote 1

Oh dear, this thread. 

26 minutes ago, Maxi Milian said:

Please try and calm down

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2018 at 9:59 PM, Daniel_Defoe said:

10 songs. Roughly 20 minutes. How is this worth the time ever. Wow. 

Metal is fun because they have generally about 11 songs. But they're close to an hour. 

I guess you don’t listen to grindcore or powerviolence. Sissy Spacek came out with an album this year that’s 39 songs and 15 minutes. Length of a cd doesn’t matter if the songs are good.

32 minutes ago, Maxi Milian said:

Kinda rude but pretty much what everyone thinks about him anyways lol. Dont worry about it

• Haha 2

Hey guys my name is dekinho, I've just stopped by to tell you to drink a lot of water and go to the gym. Take care of yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Kinda rude but pretty much what everyone thinks about him anyways lol. Dont worry about it

just the sensitive ones, which is a lot to be honest.

• Upvote 1

Just now, B R D S X said:

just the sensitive ones, which is a lot to be honest.

You dont have to be sensitive to be able to tell if someone is being a dick

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1