Chief

Crystal Lake - Helix (Deluxe Edition) (2018)

128 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2019 at 1:43 AM, jimblesack said:

Ice Nine Kills is trash lol, Crystal Lake do the whole djent/modern metalcore thing actually well.

When it comes to new metalcore the best shit is Jesus Piece, Counterparts or Oathbreaker.

jesus piece and oathbreaker aren't metalcore lol

chatting bare shit 

• Haha 1

nb34las7CT1qak8d8o1_500.png

Other Releases by

On 3/27/2019 at 9:19 AM, Joseph said:

jesus piece and oathbreaker aren't metalcore lol

chatting bare shit 

Ah so you don't understand what metalcore is lol
Jesus Piece mix death metal, sludge and hardcore together
Oathbreaker literally sound like a blackened and sludgier Converge (disregarding their latest post-black metal album)

You do know that metalcore isn't all 2000s melodic metalcore right? Metalcore means extreme metal + hardcore punk mixed.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:02 AM, Dust of Pain said:

Not that, just the way you typed it "lol ink sux" reads like bait 

In order for something to be bait it actually has to be believable lol, not trying to deceive anyone buy intentionally shorthand spelling things which is a dead giveaway. 

2 hours ago, jimblesack said:

Oathbreaker literally sound like a blackened and sludgier Converge (disregarding their latest post-black metal album)

You do know that metalcore isn't all 2000s melodic metalcore right? Metalcore means extreme metal + hardcore punk mixed.

the fuck is extreme metal

you're one of these genre wanks aren't ya

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimblesack said:

early Oathbreaker is metalcore/hardcore mixed in with other shit and Jesus Piece is sludge/death metal with a fuckton of hardcore leaning metalcore through and through so I have no clue what Josip here tried to achieve. What even is Jesus Piece if not metalcore?

• Sad 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

36 minutes ago, desk said:

early Oathbreaker is metalcore/hardcore mixed in with other shit and Jesus Piece is sludge/death metal with a fuckton of hardcore leaning metalcore through and through so I have no clue what Josip here tried to achieve. What even is Jesus Piece if not metalcore?

nobody asked you

• Sad 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Joseph said:

the fuck is extreme metal

you're one of these genre wanks aren't ya

"Genre wanks"

If you're so against genres or genre discussion why are you even trying to correct me lol
Also "extreme metal" is an umbrella term that encompasses shit like death metal, thrash, black metal etc.
bruh stop being dumb

• Love 1

Thought I'd drop in and say that this album is fucking stellar. Saw them on the Erra/Northlane tour a few months ago, along with Currents, and they kicked ass. And just like Currents, I got into this album right after the concert and loved it. While none of the other songs quite compare to the brilliant chaos that is "Aeon," the rest is still excellently played Metalcore, loaded with beefed up, heavy riffs and some top notch hooks thrown in for good measure. If there's a Metalcore album I want the style to sound like in 2019, this is definitely one of them.

Also, I'm very disappointed no one in this thread called the police on the dude saying this album "grew on me like my nieces' tits." That's just fucking creepy, dude, what the fuck? Makes me glad I loved this album right from the start.

• Downvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.