Lord Kingdom

In Flames - I Am Above [Single] (2018)

19 posts in this topic

oh this ain't too bad, sounds more like their ASOP-Siren Charms years, I personally think their peak is their Come Clarity - ASOP era. The chorus is still newer In Flames and shouldn't be heard as often as we did.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Crystal Lake(HELIX NOV.28) said:

oh this ain't too bad, sounds more like their ASOP-Siren Charms years, I personally think their peak is their Come Clarity - ASOP era. The chorus is still newer In Flames and shouldn't be heard as often as we did.

It's no Come Clarity but it's still a good single. Much better than anything off the last album. The vocals are better than what it's been on their recent albums.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever get material like Come Clarity from them again. They are past their prime.

For what this is though, it's decent. Would like to hear more

• Upvote 1

I’ve been a huge fan of In Flames since around 1998-1999(I’m old), I’ve genuinely enjoyed everything they’ve done, even the recent stuff. Yeah it’s different, but that’s a good thing. Who wants to hear a band keep doing the same thing over and over? I dig this new song a lot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Awesome song! I hear a mix between Sounds of A Playgound Fading & Battles! but, heavier! dig it!

I hear some little from Passenger also, the beginning of the song: Carnival Diaries.

*EDIT*: The song keeps getting better and better, played it for several times!

All I can say is that my history with In Flames goes way back as well and they've always stayed among my favourites no matter what. I always find myself going back to their music somehow. I always appreciate to see their growth and change in their musical direction. Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I loved Battles and I think this is a very solid single, can't wait to hear more of the album.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Buttercup420 said:

Who wants to hear a band keep doing the same thing over and over?

For me personally I would have preferred if their material stayed similar to Come Clarity. That was the album that made me love In Flames. That album was well executed.

Look at As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage as an example. They don't stray from their respective styles. They pretty much "do the same thing over and over", yet their stuff is always amazing and entertaining. What they do works and they know it.

In Flames would have been so much bigger by now if they stuck to to what made them famous in the first place.

This is insanely catchy track, I dig it ^_^ it's definitely worth listening to, instrumental is great, solo as well

Their last great album was Sounds of a Playground for me as I found Siren Charms and Battles to be a bit weak, but this is pretty decent.

1 hour ago, FallenZA said:

For me personally I would have preferred if their material stayed similar to Come Clarity. That was the album that made me love In Flames. That album was well executed.

Look at As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage as an example. They don't stray from their respective styles. They pretty much "do the same thing over and over", yet their stuff is always amazing and entertaining. What they do works and they know it.

In Flames would have been so much bigger by now if they stuck to to what made them famous in the first place.

KSE is a rare example though, they’re the AC/DC of metalcore. And I mean that as a compliment. I just mean that every album, the sound is basically the same, but it’s still going to be awesome. 

@drownwithmatt Dude I am with you. Loved the versatility yet the consistency of Battles. Unpopular opinion, but I find Siren Charms to be their most musically forward album. Its ahead of its time. Maybe my favourite.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Can't believe it! One of my favorite bands! Let's check it out

320kbps arriving soon? Thanks

5 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

320 added!

Awesome, thank you sir!! 

Edit: The name of the the album is

I, The mask