xcblackdiamond

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (2018)

43 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - November 30, 2018

Genre - Pop Rock

Quality - MP3, 320kbps CBR / FLAC

 

Tracklist:

1. The 1975 (01:34)
2. Give Yourself a Try (03:16)
3. TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME (03:27)
4. How To Draw / Petrichor (05:49)
5. Love It If We Made It (04:12)
6. Be My Mistake (04:16)
7. Sincerity Is Scary (03:45)
8. I Like America & America Likes Me (03:26)
9. The Man Who Married a Robot / Love Theme (03:33)
10. Inside Your Mind (03:50)
11. It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) (04:08)
12. Surrounded by Heads and Bodies (03:56)
13. Mine (04:06)
14. I Couldn't Be More in Love (03:51)
15. I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes) (05:14)

 

Total length: 58:23

 

Download

 

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

 

 

  • Upvote 6
  • Love 6
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES !!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wowwww do i have the patience to wait until friday or do i listen now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god YAAAAASSSS!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome news on a Sunday night! Thank you so much for sharing. I've been looking forward to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yessssss!

 

any idea of this rips source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright... my friend is obsessed with these guys I guess I'll try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this band but this record... idk. There aren’t enough “songs” on it. Too many interludes and songs that wouldn’t translate live. Lacks a lot of content and hooks. The singles were all amazing and the rest of the record doesn’t even touch them unfortunately :/

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blackriff98 said:

I love this band but this record... idk. There aren’t enough “songs” on it. Too many interludes and songs that wouldn’t translate live. Lacks a lot of content and hooks. The singles were all amazing and the rest of the record doesn’t even touch them unfortunately :/

 

Just remember we have part 2 coming out early next year! :P But i feel yah on this like 4 interludes wtf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay! First of all, thank you for bringing this to me, KL! Always timely! 

 

Now, I’ve had a few listens and I have an idea to what they wanted us to get out of it. 

This is our first album with Matty being sober for the entire songwriting/recording process and it shows. There so much emotion in the songs, a lot of fans will think there’s almost too much. It plays very well, front-to-back and I do love it. 

 

The problem, to me, lies within the pre-release singles. Literally every single song NOT released before the album released is a slower track. While, in itself not an issue, but it did set an expectation for a lot of us to get the usual 1975-esque pop-rock anthems. 

 

I absoutely love this band band and I always will and this album is no different. 

 

That being said, should anyone find themselves disappointed in this album, They are expected to drop another album Spring next year titled Notes on a Conditional Form — which is described by the band as “much more what fans would expect”. I have tickets to see them in May and I couldn’t be more excited. 

 

Thank you again, KL! 

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice thank youuu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kingdom leaks is love. Thanks a lot

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This album is fucking horrible. Only kept a couple of the singles as well as the last track.

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2ng0gn.jpg

 

Also, wasn't the godawful second tune supposed to be cut from the album? We're off on a bad note.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, desk said:

2ng0gn.jpg

 

Also, wasn't the godawful second tune supposed to be cut from the album? We're off on a bad note.

 

Its meant to portray the “digital age” and a large portion of the album is dedicated to our generation’s love of media. There’s a lot of technical parts, even auto-tuned parts like the intro. There’s even a song with vocals by Siri entirely. 

  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aria said:

Okay! First of all, thank you for bringing this to me, KL! Always timely! 

 

Now, I’ve had a few listens and I have an idea to what they wanted us to get out of it. 

This is our first album with Matty being sober for the entire songwriting/recording process and it shows. There so much emotion in the songs, a lot of fans will think there’s almost too much. It plays very well, front-to-back and I do love it. 

 

The problem, to me, lies within the pre-release singles. Literally every single song NOT released before the album released is a slower track. While, in itself not an issue, but it did set an expectation for a lot of us to get the usual 1975-esque pop-rock anthems. 

 

I absoutely love this band band and I always will and this album is no different. 

 

That being said, should anyone find themselves disappointed in this album, They are expected to drop another album Spring next year titled Notes on a Conditional Form — which is described by the band as “much more what fans would expect”. I have tickets to see them in May and I couldn’t be more excited. 

 

Thank you again, KL! 

 

Now I'm honestly scared going into this. Absolutely loving 'Love It If We Made It' and was hoping for more tunes like that. But 'Sincerity is Scary' was also very cute. What is this album even then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Acedia said:

 

Now I'm honestly scared going into this. Absolutely loving 'Love It If We Made It' and was hoping for more tunes like that. But 'Sincerity is Scary' was also very cute. What is this album even then.

 

The pre-release songs were the most upbeat songs on the album. The rest are much slower or otherwise interludes. This is definitely more of a listening than a hearing album. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Aria said:

 

The pre-release songs were the most upbeat songs on the album. The rest are much slower or otherwise interludes. This is definitely more of a listening than a hearing album. 

I don't mind slow as I adore 'Antichrist' and sorts, but I feel like they tried to serve the fans with the singles and then did what they actually wanted to do with the rest of the songs. Which might've not resulted in the most coherent album (which also was never a strength of theirs but still). I'm only on 'Be My Mistake' though, but that's my fear going into this right now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks very much. been waiting for this since forever. can't wait to listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been huge on this band but wow this album is surprisingly great

might even make my top 15, we'll see

 

 

  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this album is brilliant. Even if you're not a fan of what they went for stylistically, this is absolutely one of the most artistically ambitious and thought-provoking bands in the mainstream right now, and you have to give them props for the bold choices they made. Personally, I really think they've pushed themselves to the next level artistically here, there are a lot of slow tracks but I think those songs have some of the most thematic depth... lyrically there's a lot to dig into. The use of auto-tune and other effects on certain songs I also think is very deliberate, and I certainly don't think using that effect in itself is a bad thing. Overall this album will most likely end up in my top 10 of the year, and several tracks, especially "I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)", are some of the most immediately emotionally impactful songs that I've heard in a good while.

  • Love 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been checking in for the last week just to see when this leaked. thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow. so i've listened to this album over and over for the past day, and i have to say, if nothing else, this is growth. this is maturing and changing your sound for the better. matty, george, ross, and adam really have upped their game here. the sounds, the textures, the genre-bending... everything is so, so different from their past work, yet it's still so The 1975. this is definitely their best work. as much as i loved their last album, this absolutely tops it for me and will most likely continue to in the coming weeks.

  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really liking/loving this album... my favorite track is actually an interlude, How to Draw / Petrichor. There's just something about it that really stands out. I guess I'll have to check out the rest of their music, even if this is different stylistically compared to their prior stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2018 Kingdom Leaks