xcblackdiamond

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (2018)

43 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - November 30, 2018

Genre - Pop Rock

Quality - MP3, 320kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. The 1975 (01:34)
2. Give Yourself a Try (03:16)
3. TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME (03:27)
4. How To Draw / Petrichor (05:49)
5. Love It If We Made It (04:12)
6. Be My Mistake (04:16)
7. Sincerity Is Scary (03:45)
8. I Like America & America Likes Me (03:26)
9. The Man Who Married a Robot / Love Theme (03:33)
10. Inside Your Mind (03:50)
11. It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) (04:08)
12. Surrounded by Heads and Bodies (03:56)
13. Mine (04:06)
14. I Couldn't Be More in Love (03:51)
15. I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes) (05:14)

Total length: 58:23

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6
  • Downvote 1

YES !!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!

wowwww do i have the patience to wait until friday or do i listen now

Oh my god YAAAAASSSS!!! 

Awesome news on a Sunday night! Thank you so much for sharing. I've been looking forward to this.

Nice :D

yessssss!

any idea of this rips source?

Alright... my friend is obsessed with these guys I guess I'll try. 

I love this band but this record... idk. There aren’t enough “songs” on it. Too many interludes and songs that wouldn’t translate live. Lacks a lot of content and hooks. The singles were all amazing and the rest of the record doesn’t even touch them unfortunately :/

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Blackriff98 said:

I love this band but this record... idk. There aren’t enough “songs” on it. Too many interludes and songs that wouldn’t translate live. Lacks a lot of content and hooks. The singles were all amazing and the rest of the record doesn’t even touch them unfortunately :/

Just remember we have part 2 coming out early next year! :P But i feel yah on this like 4 interludes wtf.

Okay! First of all, thank you for bringing this to me, KL! Always timely! 

Now, I’ve had a few listens and I have an idea to what they wanted us to get out of it. 

This is our first album with Matty being sober for the entire songwriting/recording process and it shows. There so much emotion in the songs, a lot of fans will think there’s almost too much. It plays very well, front-to-back and I do love it. 

The problem, to me, lies within the pre-release singles. Literally every single song NOT released before the album released is a slower track. While, in itself not an issue, but it did set an expectation for a lot of us to get the usual 1975-esque pop-rock anthems. 

I absoutely love this band band and I always will and this album is no different. 

That being said, should anyone find themselves disappointed in this album, They are expected to drop another album Spring next year titled Notes on a Conditional Form — which is described by the band as “much more what fans would expect”. I have tickets to see them in May and I couldn’t be more excited. 

Thank you again, KL! 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

nice thank youuu

Kingdom leaks is love. Thanks a lot

• Upvote 1

This album is fucking horrible. Only kept a couple of the singles as well as the last track.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 4

2ng0gn.jpg

Also, wasn't the godawful second tune supposed to be cut from the album? We're off on a bad note.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, desk said:

2ng0gn.jpg

Also, wasn't the godawful second tune supposed to be cut from the album? We're off on a bad note.

Its meant to portray the “digital age” and a large portion of the album is dedicated to our generation’s love of media. There’s a lot of technical parts, even auto-tuned parts like the intro. There’s even a song with vocals by Siri entirely. 

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Aria said:

Okay! First of all, thank you for bringing this to me, KL! Always timely! 

Now, I’ve had a few listens and I have an idea to what they wanted us to get out of it. 

This is our first album with Matty being sober for the entire songwriting/recording process and it shows. There so much emotion in the songs, a lot of fans will think there’s almost too much. It plays very well, front-to-back and I do love it. 

The problem, to me, lies within the pre-release singles. Literally every single song NOT released before the album released is a slower track. While, in itself not an issue, but it did set an expectation for a lot of us to get the usual 1975-esque pop-rock anthems. 

I absoutely love this band band and I always will and this album is no different. 

That being said, should anyone find themselves disappointed in this album, They are expected to drop another album Spring next year titled Notes on a Conditional Form — which is described by the band as “much more what fans would expect”. I have tickets to see them in May and I couldn’t be more excited. 

Thank you again, KL! 

Now I'm honestly scared going into this. Absolutely loving 'Love It If We Made It' and was hoping for more tunes like that. But 'Sincerity is Scary' was also very cute. What is this album even then.

10 minutes ago, Acedia said:

Now I'm honestly scared going into this. Absolutely loving 'Love It If We Made It' and was hoping for more tunes like that. But 'Sincerity is Scary' was also very cute. What is this album even then.

The pre-release songs were the most upbeat songs on the album. The rest are much slower or otherwise interludes. This is definitely more of a listening than a hearing album. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Aria said:

The pre-release songs were the most upbeat songs on the album. The rest are much slower or otherwise interludes. This is definitely more of a listening than a hearing album. 

I don't mind slow as I adore 'Antichrist' and sorts, but I feel like they tried to serve the fans with the singles and then did what they actually wanted to do with the rest of the songs. Which might've not resulted in the most coherent album (which also was never a strength of theirs but still). I'm only on 'Be My Mistake' though, but that's my fear going into this right now.

• Upvote 2

thanks very much. been waiting for this since forever. can't wait to listen.

I've never been huge on this band but wow this album is surprisingly great

might even make my top 15, we'll see

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

I think this album is brilliant. Even if you're not a fan of what they went for stylistically, this is absolutely one of the most artistically ambitious and thought-provoking bands in the mainstream right now, and you have to give them props for the bold choices they made. Personally, I really think they've pushed themselves to the next level artistically here, there are a lot of slow tracks but I think those songs have some of the most thematic depth... lyrically there's a lot to dig into. The use of auto-tune and other effects on certain songs I also think is very deliberate, and I certainly don't think using that effect in itself is a bad thing. Overall this album will most likely end up in my top 10 of the year, and several tracks, especially "I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)", are some of the most immediately emotionally impactful songs that I've heard in a good while.

• Love 5
  • Downvote 1

I have been checking in for the last week just to see when this leaked. thank you! 

wow. so i've listened to this album over and over for the past day, and i have to say, if nothing else, this is growth. this is maturing and changing your sound for the better. matty, george, ross, and adam really have upped their game here. the sounds, the textures, the genre-bending... everything is so, so different from their past work, yet it's still so The 1975. this is definitely their best work. as much as i loved their last album, this absolutely tops it for me and will most likely continue to in the coming weeks.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm really liking/loving this album... my favorite track is actually an interlude, How to Draw / Petrichor. There's just something about it that really stands out. I guess I'll have to check out the rest of their music, even if this is different stylistically compared to their prior stuff.