mR12

Memphis May Fire - Broken (2018)

198 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, realowl said:

Man am i the only one who actually liked it?

I actually liked it too.

Other Releases by

31 minutes ago, Astral said:

I actually liked it too.

People on here seemed pretty determined to hate it long before they heard it.  I just listened to Challenger, Unconditional, and This Light, and this album is not THAT much different.  The songs are shorter, which is obviously disappointing, but the biggest difference is the lack of dirty vocals, which typically goes over like a turd in a punch bowl around here.  

He doesn't sound dead, the guitar riffs are a catchy as they always were, and I'm sure their career will survive the hate of the KL scream loving crowd.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2
  • Downvote 1

@realowllmao I liked it too bro. Definitely a big change, but I can deal with change :D gotta respect the bands that take the plunge to do something new or "generic" or unique. It's their choice not ours.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, blakewarford said:

I love how everyone is talking like the last album was even good. Why is this a surprise? They haven't been good since Unconditional. This Light I Hold was atrocious... Did they even record drums cause it just sounded like samples the whole album. The drums on the title track sound GARBAGE... (Which is so IRONIC, because during the Challenger days they were blowing instrumentals out of the water)

They lost themselves the second they started preaching religion in their music (Except for unconditional), but in all honesty, they haven't been that good since Challenger. It's ironic how religion seems to be what they're passionate about but they lost all passion.

I think it's time we give up on this band. Until they get back to where they were lyrically before their last 3 albums, they're just gonna continue to release trash

The last album hinted at a return to from with Out Of It and Sever The Ties, but you're right most songs were as bland and generic as this album (the entire back half of TLIH is god awful). Unconditional had some pretty terrible and preachy lyrics, but at least the instrumentals still slammed on some songs. Challenger was their peak IMO and at some point they probably realized they were never gonna write anything better so they became a poverty Papa Roach. It's a shame really.

I dont know why Unconditional and This Light I Hold get so much hate, i love those albums. This one is an ok listen, but its very disappointing and its their worst by far.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, FallenZA said:

Nobody said you have to like my opinion. Welcome to the internet, cunt!

I respect your shit opinion, not when you say, it's a fact. "Hate? No. FACT, YES. This band was good once upon a time."
And thank you so much for the reception, this is my first time on the internet. ¬¬"

all the comments in this thread is way more interesting than the album itself tbh

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rian-AL said:

I respect your shit opinion, not when you say, it's a fact. "Hate? No. FACT, YES. This band was good once upon a time."
And thank you so much for the reception, this is my first time on the internet. ¬¬"

I completely understand that you can't comprehend that this album in fact sucks, is lifeless and showcases almost no musical skill. Your favorite artist is Secrets after all. It explains everything.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, nineball4444 said:

People on here seemed pretty determined to hate it long before they heard it.  I just listened to Challenger, Unconditional, and This Light, and this album is not THAT much different.  The songs are shorter, which is obviously disappointing, but the biggest difference is the lack of dirty vocals, which typically goes over like a turd in a punch bowl around here.  

He doesn't sound dead, the guitar riffs are a catchy as they always were, and I'm sure their career will survive the hate of the KL scream loving crowd.  

its so much more than lack of screams man that's such a silly argument to make.   bands like HLH who have had virtually zero harsh vocals suffer from the same commercial pandering. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

I completely understand that you can't comprehend that this album in fact sucks, is lifeless and showcases almost no musical skill. Your favorite artist is Secrets after all. It explains everything.

New Secrets is great

Isn't a fact, it's an opinion

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FallenZA said:

Wow man, you must be a very special type, probably the kind of idiot who thinks loud noise and screams are always synonymous with quality. LOL
And I put Secrets as "favorite artist" doesn't mean I just listen to Post-Hardcore, I'm not a closed-minded stupid person like you, I listen to everything! Secrets is just one of my favorite bands/artists.

And just to make it clear I'm not dying of love for this album, just don't think it's a complete garbage like people are shitting up. For me it's fun, has positive points here, not only negatives, overall, It's an album decent.

11 minutes ago, Rian-AL said:

Wow man, you must be a very special type, probably the kind of idiot who thinks loud noise and screams are always synonymous with quality. LOL
And I put Secrets as "favorite artist" doesn't mean I just listen to Post-Hardcore, I'm not a closed-minded stupid person like you, I listen to everything! Secrets is just one of my favorite bands/artists.

No you dumb fuck, just the kind of person that is a musician and will tell you that musically this record is absolute shit from a band that once upon a time used to make good music. Now run along. I've entertained you enough.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, humbleledger said:

its so much more than lack of screams man that's such a silly argument to make.   bands like HLH who have had virtually zero harsh vocals suffer from the same commercial pandering. 

All due respect.....NONSENSE!  First, I don't even know what you mean by "commercial".  There is NO commercial rock anymore.  I just searched for "rock radio" stations in NYC.  Theres one alternative station, and the heaviest band they've played today was Linkin Park!  Even The Old Me would be considered waaaaay too metal for that station.  The other station hasn't played a song written after 1992.  

Furthermore, go check some threads.  When the screaming stops, the hate starts.  It happens EVERY TIME!  Go read the thread for Gravity...what are the complaints about that album.  Its too electronic, there are no solos, the riffs suck and don't sound like Bullet, blah, blah.  And yet, everyone LOVES Don't Need You and Crawling!  Please remind me how the solos go in those two songs?  Or please show me the tab for the technical Bullet like riffs?  Hmmmm, yet they love them anyway.  WHY??  Lets think.  

I'm tellin ya dude....its the vocals.  The vast majority of the vocal KL crowd will crucify a band the second the screaming stops.  And they'll do what you did....accuse a band of trying to be "commercial", even though there really is no such thing for a rock band.  The spotifys of the world will play MMF on the same playlists for this album as they did 3 years ago....nothing changes, and the same audience is reached.  

And I completely disagree that guitar is ANY different on this album than on any of their others.  Its insane to say otherwise.  He's not screaming though, so KL hates it.  Thats just the way it is.   

• Love 1

1 hour ago, FallenZA said:

No you dumb fuck, just the kind of person that is a musician and will tell you that musically this record is absolute shit from a band that once upon a time used to make good music. Now run along. I've entertained you enough.

Now, that explains it all, you're probably a frustrated and untalented musician!!! Not that I fully believe it, because on the internet people are what they want to be, and not what they really are. Another thing, being a casual instrumentalist or a bathroom singer doesn't make you a professional musician, being so, I'm also a "musician", because casually I'm practicing in my bass, or playing my acoustic guitar or my harmonica. Lmfao

And you, as a "musician" you claim to be, should respect your fellow of profession more, instead of just shitting and hater, because you should know the big work that gives to record an album.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Top Hat said:

This thread is just getting worse and worse 

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, nineball4444 said:

All due respect.....NONSENSE!  First, I don't even know what you mean by "commercial".  There is NO commercial rock anymore.  I just searched for "rock radio" stations in NYC.  Theres one alternative station, and the heaviest band they've played today was Linkin Park!  Even The Old Me would be considered waaaaay too metal for that station.  The other station hasn't played a song written after 1992.  

Furthermore, go check some threads.  When the screaming stops, the hate starts.  It happens EVERY TIME!  Go read the thread for Gravity...what are the complaints about that album.  Its too electronic, there are no solos, the riffs suck and don't sound like Bullet, blah, blah.  And yet, everyone LOVES Don't Need You and Crawling!  Please remind me how the solos go in those two songs?  Or please show me the tab for the technical Bullet like riffs?  Hmmmm, yet they love them anyway.  WHY??  Lets think.  

I'm tellin ya dude....its the vocals.  The vast majority of the vocal KL crowd will crucify a band the second the screaming stops.  And they'll do what you did....accuse a band of trying to be "commercial", even though there really is no such thing for a rock band.  The spotifys of the world will play MMF on the same playlists for this album as they did 3 years ago....nothing changes, and the same audience is reached.  

And I completely disagree that guitar is ANY different on this album than on any of their others.  Its insane to say otherwise.  He's not screaming though, so KL hates it.  Thats just the way it is.   

Exactly, 100% I agree!

• Upvote 2

Not good. This and Beartooth - Aggressive can have a baby and be the metalcoriest metalcore ever.

Basically nothing about the album is interesting at all. 

#threadoftheyear

• Haha 1

Architects + Silent Planet > All That Remains + Memphis May Fire

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ludes said:

#threadoftheyear

True true!!

20 minutes ago, Shadow87 said:

Architects + Silent Planet > All That Remains + Memphis May Fire

I will agree with you. I don't absolutely love Silent Planet like some people, but I definitely think that both Architects and SP are better than the other two but a long shot.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rian-AL said:

Now, that explains it all, you're probably a frustrated and untalented musician!!! Not that I fully believe it, because on the internet people are what they want to be, and not what they really are. Another thing, being a casual instrumentalist or a bathroom singer doesn't make you a professional musician, being so, I'm also a "musician", because casually I'm practicing in my bass, or playing my acoustic guitar or my harmonica. Lmfao

And you, as a "musician" you claim to be, should respect your fellow of profession more, instead of just shitting and hater, because you should know the big work that gives to record an album.

Dude... I never usually comment but wtf is up this guy's arse? (Not you Rian, the other fella)

• Upvote 1

Haven't loved this band since Challenger,  everything since then has been utterly disappointing and that's from someone who absolutely LOVED this band six years ago. I haven't listened to it and I dunno if I should give it a listen since I truly felt like giving This Light I Hold one listen was a waste of time. 

3 minutes ago, matabe182 said:

Haven't loved this band since Challenger,  everything since then has been utterly disappointing and that's from someone who absolutely LOVED this band six years ago. I haven't listened to it and I dunno if I should give it a listen since I truly felt like giving This Light I Hold one listen was a waste of time. 

I haven't heard it yet either, because I'm waiting for 320, but if that's how you feel, then I'll probably suggest you not listen to this then haha

On 11/11/2018 at 12:18 PM, BRDSX said:

Not sure, but it will always be available in bad

Easily the most reacted to comment I've seen on this site, well played lmao

• Haha 1