Sign in to follow this  
mR12

Dance Gavin Dance - Semi-Charmed Life (Third Eye Blind Cover) [Single] (2018)

21 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - November 5, 2018
Genre - Post-Hardcore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

 

Tracklist:

04. Dance Gavin Dance - Semi-Charmed Life (3:44)

 

Download

 

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other Releases by

Guaranteed AOTY contender for KL just because DGD is on here lol.  I really like the choice of the song they covered though, and they executed it well.  Really a fan of Will's leads in this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jon's parts on here are great. DGD really made it their own. great job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both the original and this are like having musical food poisoning. They make me want to puke. I'm not sure which one is worse, possibly this one, but I'm not going to put myself through the torture of listening to either of them ever again in order to form a solid opinion.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SpicyPikachu 

57 minutes ago, SpicyPikachu said:

Guaranteed AOTY contender for KL just because DGD is on here lol.  I really like the choice of the song they covered though, and they executed it well.  Really a fan of Will's leads in this one.

Random Fact:

Will didn't have any involvement on this cover as he was recording Sianvar's new album. All the guitar work was made by Louie Baltazar (Yunger) and Joshua Unitt (Wolf & Bear). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fan of both DGD and the original song, this is horrendous. It just sounds so corny, I couldn’t even finish the damn thing. To each their own though.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stagnant9 said:

As a fan of both DGD and the original song, this is horrendous. It just sounds so corny, I couldn’t even finish the damn thing. To each their own though.

You don’t have much endurance bud. If you’re truly a fan of both you should be able to appreciate it. Personally I can’t hate anything this band release. I get it tho, I respect your opinion, it’s just that you should give it a full listen. I have to admit that I can’t resist to anything that includes Tilian or Jon Mess so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nstrlpz said:

@SpicyPikachu 

Random Fact:

Will didn't have any involvement on this cover as he was recording Sianvar's new album. All the guitar work was made by Louie Baltazar (Yunger) and Joshua Unitt (Wolf & Bear). 

Never would've known!  Thanks for informing me! I redact my statement regarding those leads being Wills. Credit goes to Louie and Joshua! 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DEBATABLY better than the original, and i luhh that long tbt

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not nearly as fun as Four Year Strong's cover of it ages ago, but still plenty fun. I kept wait waiting for Tilian to belt "goodbye" though and it never happened, which bummed me out.

Now I wanna listen to FYS

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard the original but I really like this!

  • Confused 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CloudStrife159 said:

Not nearly as fun as Four Year Strong's cover of it ages ago, but still plenty fun. I kept wait waiting for Tilian to belt "goodbye" though and it never happened, which bummed me out.

Now I wanna listen to FYS

DGD and FYS are two of my favorite bands ever. I don't know what to make of the fact that they both covered this song

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boooo they only covered the radio edit of the original, just like FYS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowkey mad af DGD,ADTR,BMTH, etc didn't cover LP songs to show some love. But nah let's let Dream State cover Crawling. Smh. I guess it's a combo of not doing a good enough cover, and respecting that no one can truly cover Chester's vocal range without getting heat for even trying. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Copyright © 2013-2019 Kingdom Leaks.