Sign in to follow this  
mR12

Dance Gavin Dance - Semi-Charmed Life (Third Eye Blind Cover) [Single] (2018)

21 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - November 5, 2018
Genre - Post-Hardcore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

04. Dance Gavin Dance - Semi-Charmed Life (3:44)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Other Releases by

Guaranteed AOTY contender for KL just because DGD is on here lol.  I really like the choice of the song they covered though, and they executed it well.  Really a fan of Will's leads in this one.

jon's parts on here are great. DGD really made it their own. great job

Both the original and this are like having musical food poisoning. They make me want to puke. I'm not sure which one is worse, possibly this one, but I'm not going to put myself through the torture of listening to either of them ever again in order to form a solid opinion.

• Upvote 1

@SpicyPikachu 

57 minutes ago, SpicyPikachu said:

Guaranteed AOTY contender for KL just because DGD is on here lol.  I really like the choice of the song they covered though, and they executed it well.  Really a fan of Will's leads in this one.

Random Fact:

Will didn't have any involvement on this cover as he was recording Sianvar's new album. All the guitar work was made by Louie Baltazar (Yunger) and Joshua Unitt (Wolf & Bear). 

• Upvote 1

As a fan of both DGD and the original song, this is horrendous. It just sounds so corny, I couldn’t even finish the damn thing. To each their own though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, Stagnant9 said:

As a fan of both DGD and the original song, this is horrendous. It just sounds so corny, I couldn’t even finish the damn thing. To each their own though.

You don’t have much endurance bud. If you’re truly a fan of both you should be able to appreciate it. Personally I can’t hate anything this band release. I get it tho, I respect your opinion, it’s just that you should give it a full listen. I have to admit that I can’t resist to anything that includes Tilian or Jon Mess so...

1 hour ago, nstrlpz said:

@SpicyPikachu 

Random Fact:

Will didn't have any involvement on this cover as he was recording Sianvar's new album. All the guitar work was made by Louie Baltazar (Yunger) and Joshua Unitt (Wolf & Bear). 

Never would've known!  Thanks for informing me! I redact my statement regarding those leads being Wills. Credit goes to Louie and Joshua! 

• Love 1

DEBATABLY better than the original, and i luhh that long tbt

• Upvote 1

Not nearly as fun as Four Year Strong's cover of it ages ago, but still plenty fun. I kept wait waiting for Tilian to belt "goodbye" though and it never happened, which bummed me out.

Now I wanna listen to FYS

• Upvote 4

Never heard the original but I really like this!

• Confused 4

16 hours ago, CloudStrife159 said:

Not nearly as fun as Four Year Strong's cover of it ages ago, but still plenty fun. I kept wait waiting for Tilian to belt "goodbye" though and it never happened, which bummed me out.

Now I wanna listen to FYS

DGD and FYS are two of my favorite bands ever. I don't know what to make of the fact that they both covered this song

• Love 1

Boooo they only covered the radio edit of the original, just like FYS.

Lowkey mad af DGD,ADTR,BMTH, etc didn't cover LP songs to show some love. But nah let's let Dream State cover Crawling. Smh. I guess it's a combo of not doing a good enough cover, and respecting that no one can truly cover Chester's vocal range without getting heat for even trying. Oh well.