Lord Kingdom

Memphis May Fire - Broken (KL Exclusive Preview) (2018)

49 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Preview
Length - 16:52

Release - November 16, 2018
Genre - Alternative Rock, Post-Hardcore

Tracklist:

1. The Old Me
2. Watch Out
3. Sell My Soul
4. Who I Am
5. Heavy Is the Weight (feat. Andy Mineo)
6. Over It
7. Fool
8. Mark My Words
9. You & Me
10. Live Another Day

Downloads

Support!

Facebook / iTunes / Physical

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3

YOH.... this is dissapointing  :cry:

• Upvote 2

Meh. Mediocrity at its finest. 

• Love 1

Did anyone expect not to be disappointed? This sounds generic from the mix to Matty's vocals lyrics to Matty's voice. This band is dead. They were my favourite band for 2-3 years but they've dropped off so hard - literally what is this bs? This is the perfect example for "ex post-hardcore now generic radio rock". It sounds like it lacks any substance whatsoever. This band's last standout work was Challenger which was pretty impressive for it's time, but they haven't changed since then at all.

I will praise the song around 3:15 though, that sounds alright - the slow one. Lyrics could be better tbh, but it isn't anything wild. 

Compare this album to the work of another ex-PHC band like, idk, The Plot In You.. Dispose is leaps and bounds ahead of this. The Word Alive came from the same generation as MMF but have properly overtaken MMF now.

This album stinks of 'mediocre Rise-radiocore', cookie-cutter garbage and will probably be 6/10 max. I pushed myself through this entire teaser to get an idea of it and be as unbiased as I can, but I just can't. This band disappoint so much nowadays compared to how they used to be. Literally every single song can be squashed into one it's all so dry.

on another note... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT RAP IN AN MMF SONG AROUND 9:00??

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

six years passed,i still don't understand how can you create the hollow/challenger and after that you allow to destroy everything you've built. these two albums are the epitome of how tight and epic a metalcore album should sound,ten out of ten. it was one of my favorite bands at the time,but... you know. they will never be what they used to be. i accepted it. the fault is in matty,obviously. i don't know what happen to him,but is more than disappointing. that rap part is pathetic and it shows the level at which they are currently. sadly,but truly. i adore bands that are getting heavier,but this is the opposite. it's funny how matty sings about hope when i lost all of it after unconditional,even that speechless is one of my favorite songs from them. i don't get at all why 50% of the bands are afraid to scream anymore. 

p.s. @astral,i hope you will like the album,at least.:> @cam979,03:00/06:20 it's sell my soul,the whole song.

• Upvote 1

Damn this shit is sad lol, someone of course will love this, but even tho the production seems to be pretty cool for an alt.rock/alt.metal album, the songwriting is weak af. The songs were tiring me out before some previews even ended. The rap part is cool and all but its so disjointed from the rest it barely feels natural and not forced lol. Also idk if it's Matty's delivery or the lyrics are some of the most on the nose shit they've written.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Sounds enjoyable but definitely nothing special

I always seem to compare this band to Sleeping With Sirens . First 2 albums were amazing . The rest is forgettable with the exception of a few sprinkle tracks over the years . Not even hyped about this release but hoping it proves me right...i mean wrong 😋

• Upvote 4

Not bad sounds slightly better than the last album of course I miss the old mmf but hey ho 

Me: <listens to first single> meeehh

Also me: <hears that album is porduced by DREW FULK> OH SHIT THIS FIREE

27 minutes ago, BERO said:

you like this?

2 minutes ago, Saitama said:

you like this?

Not "FIREE" but I like this

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cam979 said:

Did anyone expect not to be disappointed? This sounds generic from the mix to Matty's vocals lyrics to Matty's voice. This band is dead. They were my favourite band for 2-3 years but they've dropped off so hard - literally what is this bs? This is the perfect example for "ex post-hardcore now generic radio rock". It sounds like it lacks any substance whatsoever. This band's last standout work was Challenger which was pretty impressive for it's time, but they haven't changed since then at all.

I will praise the song around 3:15 though, that sounds alright - the slow one. Lyrics could be better tbh, but it isn't anything wild. 

Compare this album to the work of another ex-PHC band like, idk, The Plot In You.. Dispose is leaps and bounds ahead of this. The Word Alive came from the same generation as MMF but have properly overtaken MMF now.

This album stinks of 'mediocre Rise-radiocore', cookie-cutter garbage and will probably be 6/10 max. I pushed myself through this entire teaser to get an idea of it and be as unbiased as I can, but I just can't. This band disappoint so much nowadays compared to how they used to be. Literally every single song can be squashed into one it's all so dry.

on another note... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT RAP IN AN MMF SONG AROUND 9:00??

You can't go ripping on this album for unwarranted style changes then mention The Plot In You's "DISPOSE" in the same vein, that album was straight trash.

As for this album, it sounds like it's gonna be like every other MMF album for me; 2-4 enjoyable songs that I'll repeat for a while, then forget about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, BERO said:

So you don't exactly like the music but because Drew Fulk produced it you like it for some reason?

• Upvote 1

Matty's screams have regressed to sounding like a barking dog

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dwėsk said:

So you don't exactly like the music but because Drew Fulk produced it you like it for some reason?

NOT RELEH

I just didn't care for the album at all but I got to know that Drew Fulk produced it so NOW im willing to listen to it and see if I'll like it

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BERO said:

NOT RELEH

I just didn't care for the album at all but I got to know that Drew Fulk produced it so NOW im willing to listen to it and see if I'll like it

I mean I could share the sentiment with most of the stuff he recently produced, but some albums remained pretty mediocre, like Motionless In White, this will probs be the case too.

• Upvote 1

Never thought I'd be scared to listen to music :/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I thought this was going to be much worse. Well, If this was their first album maybe I'd enjoy it a lot more, I think the main issue is how this is drowned out compared to their previous works and their potential. It's like seeing your highschool crush become ugly like a boss straight from dark souls, except you dont get the joy to see others humans fail

Not surprised whatsoever, clearly they were going this route from their last two albums. Definitely not the same band they used to be, but I'm still gonna bump it, some nice sounding melodies in there for sure.

Didn't expect to see a MMF preview before (everybody knows) but I'll get to it when I can.

Oh. My God.

@bero,drew fulk can't save memphis may fire. @dwesk,i am not the only one disappointed in graveyard shift?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MyTearsYW said:

You can't go ripping on this album for unwarranted style changes then mention The Plot In You's "DISPOSE" in the same vein, that album was straight trash.

As for this album, it sounds like it's gonna be like every other MMF album for me; 2-4 enjoyable songs that I'll repeat for a while, then forget about.

Dispose was not trash what. At least it's better than this

• Love 1

From what I heared, the album is good. Not as good as any other albums of them, but still, good.  Who I Am will end up being my favorite, probably.

yo I REALLY love that chorus in Watch Out.