BenjaminBurnley

Hollywood Undead - PSALMS [EP] (2018)

46 posts in this topic

FLAC added!

• Love 1

Other Releases by

Really good EP. Still don't care too much about Another Level but the other songs are dope :like:

14 hours ago, The Top Hat said:

I'd take Something to Believe, Live Fast Die Young, and Bloody Nose over Cashed Out, Renegade, and Whatever it Takes, honestly

Why. I love those songs so damn much I rather have those songs than this EP for real. Five (V) by far was my favourite album from Hollywood yes I said it. For real they did so many risks with it but in the end, it got them so much traction for the record and everything it was a hit.

But for real this EP is meh. Bloody nose was good, Gotta Let Go, and maybe Live Fast Die Young still a poor EP even tho this is basically cut songs from Five. 

We shall see what comes from the guys. Until then see you on the next KL Post ;) 

• Love 2

7 hours ago, realowl said:

Why. I love those songs so damn much I rather have those songs than this EP for real. Five (V) by far was my favourite album from Hollywood yes I said it. For real they did so many risks with it but in the end, it got them so much traction for the record and everything it was a hit.

But for real this EP is meh. Bloody nose was good, Gotta Let Go, and maybe Live Fast Die Young still a poor EP even tho this is basically cut songs from Five. 

We shall see what comes from the guys. Until then see you on the next KL Post ;) 

I think it was right inbetween "great" and "meh" for me. But either way, I'm super excited to see what other shit they bring us next year. 

I hope they start doing b-side eps instead of twenty different cd versions with one or two "bonus" tracks each.  

• Upvote 1

t2DLnik.png

Honestly, I love the songs on the EP. But I just don't think they released it right tbh. Gotta Let Go and Another Level had already been out for months, I was over them already. I had my fair share of listening to those songs. So when the EP came out, it really only felt like 3 tracks to me. Now, the 3 songs I love. Bloody Nose is one of my favourites, Live Fast Die Young is just a nice relaxed head bopper, and Something To Believe sounds exactly like a cut track from Swan Songs (Yes I said it). Johnny's verses on that song are basically his style from Swan Songs, the way the song is produced, the instrumentals. Everything about that song just reminds me of 2008, which I LOVE. BUT I think they should've kept Another Level and Gotta let Go separate. If they released 2 new tracks in place, the EP would've felt more complete and long. But I just find myself listening to the first 3 and moving on. Anyone else agree or not? Curious to hear some thoughts

• Love 1

1 minute ago, blakewarford said:

Honestly, I love the songs on the EP. But I just don't think they released it right tbh. Gotta Let Go and Another Level had already been out for months, I was over them already. I had my fair share of listening to those songs. So when the EP came out, it really only felt like 3 tracks to me. Now, the 3 songs I love. Bloody Nose is one of my favourites, Live Fast Die Young is just a nice relaxed head bopper, and Something To Believe sounds exactly like a cut track from Swan Songs (Yes I said it). Johnny's verses on that song are basically his style from Swan Songs, the way the song is produced, the instrumentals. Everything about that song just reminds me of 2008, which I LOVE. BUT I think they should've kept Another Level and Gotta let Go separate. If they released 2 new tracks in place, the EP would've felt more complete and long. But I just find myself listening to the first 3 and moving on. Anyone else agree or not? Curious to hear some thoughts

I completely totally agree with everything you just said! Well put! 

I do agree, tho. If there had been two other new tracks (to me maybe even added on after Gotta Let Go and Another Level), it would've probably greatly improved the quality of the EP as a whole.

3 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

I completely totally agree with everything you just said! Well put! 

I do agree, tho. If there had been two other new tracks (to me maybe even added on after Gotta Let Go and Another Level), it would've probably greatly improved the quality of the EP as a whole.

Yeah, I agree with that too. Like I'm one of the odd few who actually likes Another Level, Gotta Let Go is okay. I have nothing against the tracks, but they've been out for sooo long right. If the EP had extra songs, yeah it'd be better

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, blakewarford said:

Yeah, I agree with that too. Like I'm one of the odd few who actually likes Another Level, Gotta Let Go is okay. I have nothing against the tracks, but they've been out for sooo long right. If the EP had extra songs, yeah it'd be better

I don't mind Another Level, it did take a little getting used to for me, but I LOVE Gotta Let Go. I memorized it within a few days, and I use it as a vocal exercise too. Remains to be in my top 15 HU songs to be honest (I know that's goofy, but that's just how things go sometimes lol)

7 minutes ago, blakewarford said:

I mean, also remember the original plan was to release each of the songs one at a time, one a month: June, July, August, September, October, and then compile them together in the EP in November. 

I don't know how much i would've liked it that much to be honest. At least this way, 2 songs were surprises and 1 song was still brand new (being released 2 days prior). 

Well, that was kind of disappointing for me! Bloody Nose and Gotta Let Go are really good. Live Fast Die Young is even fun, Something To Believe it's even pretty, however, they are quite generics, and Another Level is simply terrible!!! But I'll give a vote of confidence to the band, there are some points in which it stands out, I will keep an eye and wait for the new album in 2019.

• Upvote 1

Would love to call them  my favourite band again. Actually had high hopes after the Bloody Nose and Live Fast Die Young teasers. Bloody Nose turned out alright I guess and Live Fast is actually really nice. But holy shit, the rest is mad trash :D Why do they just not give a fuck anymore?

• Upvote 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Worst thing they've released. The only song i kinda enjoy is also the one with the cringiest title, Live Fast Die Young

ABUSEOFPOWER.JPG

BCJNh3t.png

4 minutes ago, LKA said:

Worst thing they've released. The only song i kinda enjoy is also the one with the cringiest title, Live Fast Die Young

I'd let you have this opinion but Scene For Dummies and Turn Off the Lights both exist

• Haha 2

Just now, The Top Hat said:

I'd let you have this opinion but Scene For Dummies and Turn Off the Lights both exist

Lmao true. 

Just now, The Top Hat said:

well, this is the worst collection of songs they have released, to clarify

• Upvote 4

ABUSEOFPOWER.JPG

BCJNh3t.png