mR12

Architects - Modern Misery (Single) (2018)

45 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Love all three tracks so far, this might be slightly weaker than the other two, but the vocals are on point. Cannot wait for the album. 

• Upvote 1

320 and FLAC added!

• Love 1

4 songs in and it's already better than anything else this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 6

43 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

I love Architects as much as the next person, but that is certainly not true. This is a great song nonetheless. 

44 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

lol, you need to check out Silent Planet

• Upvote 2

NOLLY, I LOVE YOU. The bass si so much clearer and present on this album than the previous one.

God I can't wait for this album. the other 3 singles are bangers, this is pretty good. album will slay

Sounds like daybreaker stuff, and that's good. The production is crisp. Good stuff.

And it doesn't sound that weak. Glad, doesn't sound like the previous two albums

This song kinda reminds me of "Gone with the Wind". But I really dig it! The bass is clearer, which is another + point. 

It's a 8.5/10 for me. 

I dont want to hear the Song until the Album drops.

Is this song similar to another Architects Song nor completly fresh?

It's good but I can tell Tom didnt write it and thats the first time I've said that with the new material. The heavy to the soft parts just feel a bit disjointed? Idk. 7.5/10. Good shit but possibly the worst single. Lyric 'we used to run with the wolves' is a bit odd to me.

The Silent Planet singles actually impressed me so much more, hopefully this album will not let down. I know it will not beat AOGHAU. That album was a masterpiece. Nihilist ripped my ass off the first time I heard it so much that I had to pause the next song at the start to understand what I just heard.

It's ok, by far the weakest of the singles imo.

I agree with most of what people is saying, it’s a good song, the weakest single until now. Hopefully ‘hereafter’ isn’t the best song on the album and they kept some surprise or really good songs, otherwise it’s gonna be really hard to beat all our gods...but I still have hope

got "all love is lost" vibes in this one, which is nice

Way better than Royal Beggars in my opinion

• Upvote 1

These guys seem like very good people, and I really don’t wish to disrespect them, but they fall in the same category as bands that constantly release catchy stuff but that always sounds exactly the same...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

These guys seem like very good people, and I really don’t wish to disrespect them, but they fall in the same category as bands that constantly release catchy stuff but that always sounds exactly the same...

do you put August Burns Red in that box as well?

10 minutes ago, frosty said:

do you put August Burns Red in that box as well?

It’s funny because I wrote their name then erase it, because it goes against my heart. ABR is one of my first metalcore band and used to be apart of my favorite bands amongst Parkway Drive, All That Remains and more. But yeah, sadly they are indeed in that box as well.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

It’s funny because I wrote their name then erase it, because it goes against my heart. ABR is one of my first metalcore band and used to be apart of my favorite bands amongst Parkway Drive, All That Remains and more. But yeah, sadly they are indeed in that box as well.

You're definitely not the first to say that about them, that's why I thought of them as well when I read your post. Although I love their music and I find diversity between albums and even within albums, what some people call repetitive or even boring, in this particular case I like to call consistent. Consistent in a way that they stay true to their original sound but still manage to evolve without diverting so much that people start calling them sellouts (just think about Parkway). In this sense, I feel Parkway Drive and even Architects have a greater diversity (PD especially) between albums than ABR (which doesn't have a connotation for me, they are just different in that sense).

• Upvote 1

So im sort of a new fan. Ive always thought they had a decent song or 2 (early grave was dope) but never really loved anything. So far the first 3 singles from the new record changed that for me. I loved all 3 of them. Seems like they are focusing more on melody's which I dig and the instrumentals while maybe a little more formulaic and typical I personally think its just better songwriting. Anyway this new single did nothing for me.  Its not awful but it sort of made me feel how I used to about the band. Very mehhh. Not much of a riff to hook you in and definitely a step back melody wise. Still doesn't stop me from being excited for the rest! 

• Confused 1