realowl

Fight The Fury - Still Breathing [EP] (2018)

16 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - Oct. 26th, 2018

Genre - Metal

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. My Demons (04:09)
2. Dominate Me (03:46)
3. Still Burning (04:05)
4. I Cannot (03:50)
5. Lose Hold of It All (04:41)

Total length: 20:31

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

:D happy to here John Cooper again. This sounds really awesome. Nice sound change on his part. Always wished Skillet was a little heavier and had uncleans. But is he still making music for Skillet though? That's what I'm wondering now.

Lol almost forgot. Thank you @realowl 

Really great ep. never liked the main single for the ep but still good. i would recommend it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hellion6 said:

:D happy to here John Cooper again. This sounds really awesome. Nice sound change on his part. Always wished Skillet was a little heavier and had uncleans. But is he still making music for Skillet though? That's what I'm wondering now.

Yes he is, actually! In fact they have material they're looking to be done with and ready to release sometime fairly early next year I think. I do still think that this should've just been released as heavier Skillet lol

• Love 1

@Hellion6 ya, he just released an interview the other day about it. they were originally gonna release in October. but they are pushing it to a next summer release. It's about 70% complete according to it https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/10/john-cooper-fight-the-fury-skillet-interview-2018/

• Love 1

After hearing My Demons, I said myself...yeah, this has potential, but it still fucking smells like Skillet, if it smelled like a Collide times Skillet I would be stoked, but it smells like Awake kind of Skillet, where they went downhill :/
Not gonna judge, let's go listen to whole stuff

1 minute ago, Physyadelic said:

After hearing My Demons, I said myself...yeah, this has potential, but it still fucking smells like Skillet, if it smelled like a Collide times Skillet I would be stoked, but it smells like Awake kind of Skillet, where they went downhill :/
Not gonna judge, let's go listen to whole stuff

Several parts of the EP reminded me a little of Collide-time Skillet with A few different eras of Slipknot influence mixed in a little. My Demons is my least favorite on the whole thing. In other words, I actually really like it haha

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Yes, it is better than Unleashed, because this is actually Unleashed :D 5 songs destroyed most of Skillet's last effort
1. My Demons (3.5/5) - I dig the chugginess of guitars, that Slipknot vibe in the bridge and interesting mix, but it smells like I got AWAKE...
2. Dominate Me (4/5) - GO! Now we are talking, I always liked that *dudududu dududu du* kind of verse, it has cool build up to chorus that is sadly lacking, then the thing is alive again, cool solo...IT'S OKAY
3. Still Burning (4/5) - This one has very nice Collide and Comatose vibes, which are my favourite cakes of Skillet's bakery, but what is up with those screams, the production is just killing them...also can we talk about that bridge transition?
4. I Cannot (3.5/5) - Brother got it right, is this a Beartooth rip-off? Why is it so repetitive tho, it's catchy and cool, you ruined it, bastards...again slight hello's from Comatose, also I expected breakdown at the end, again BASTARDS
5. Lose Hold Of It All (4.5/5) - All That Remains and Slipknot had a nice fuck together and this thing was born xD I'm gonna use this as a game soundtrack, also nice surprise at the end, Megadeth grabbed my head and smacked it against the table? Seems like outro, but it's EP, so they said, nah, put it at the end of last song

Final Verdict: 3.9/5
Looking forward to hear LP for sure :)

• Haha 1

My Demons - 4/5
Dominate Me - 3.5/5
Still Burning - 4/5
I Cannot - 4/5
Lose Hold of it All - 5/5

Yeah, this EP was good. There were the typical Skillet sounds and sometimes they even reminded me of a other band. It's a very nice EP and pretty heavy too. I give it a 8/10. 

Favorites: My Demons, Lose Hold of it All

4 hours ago, Physyadelic said:

Yes, it is better than Unleashed, because this is actually Unleashed :D 5 songs destroyed most of Skillet's last effort
1. My Demons (3.5/5) - I dig the chugginess of guitars, that Slipknot vibe in the bridge and interesting mix, but it smells like I got AWAKE...
2. Dominate Me (4/5) - GO! Now we are talking, I always liked that *dudududu dududu du* kind of verse, it has cool build up to chorus that is sadly lacking, then the thing is alive again, cool solo...IT'S OKAY
3. Still Burning (4/5) - This one has very nice Collide and Comatose vibes, which are my favourite cakes of Skillet's bakery, but what is up with those screams, the production is just killing them...also can we talk about that bridge transition?
4. I Cannot (3.5/5) - Brother got it right, is this a Beartooth rip-off? Why is it so repetitive tho, it's catchy and cool, you ruined it, bastards...again slight hello's from Comatose, also I expected breakdown at the end, again BASTARDS
5. Lose Hold Of It All (4.5/5) - All That Remains and Slipknot had a nice fuck together and this thing was born xD I'm gonna use this as a game soundtrack, also nice surprise at the end, Megadeth grabbed my head and smacked it against the table? Seems like outro, but it's EP, so they said, nah, put it at the end of last song

Final Verdict: 3.9/5
Looking forward to hear LP for sure :)

I love your review man. Perfect description. :lol: "Slipknot and All That Remains had a good fuck and this was born". Best part that I read. 

I love the whole EP. John Cooper is one of the many rock gods. He never disappoints me. Can't wait for a LP either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FLAC added!

Actually not too bad.. My demons doesn't do the rest it the EP justice. Always thought John had some sick screams, and vocals in general.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

Not bad this was pretty solid 

To me, for anybody who doesn't like it, thinking of it as Skillet suddenly turns it so much better. 

I had some other people do that, and they suddenly liked it a lot better lmao