mR12

Bring Me the Horizon - wonderful life (feat. Dani Filth) (Single) (2018)

114 posts in this topic

Mixed opinions all over the place on here!

My 2 cents is, I love the instrumentals. It sounds like TTS, but definitely some experimentation. I think the Feature was a waste, maybe they thought I'd be funny to hype people up by seeing his name on there, but it really wasn't worth it. He just does background vocals. This song could've easily done without the feature. I don't get why people are hating the lyrics, I don't think they're that bad at all. Very metaphorical like Oli always has been. Is it his strongest lyrically? No, but it's definitely not the worst I've ever heard.

But I dig this a lot, possibly even better then Mantra. I LOVE the guitar work, it's awesome (That riff is SIMPLE, but man it hits). That breakdown too (obviously everyone seems to like the last minute and a half of the song)

Honestly, it's heavier than I expected from the second single.  So I'm happy, I dig the 2 tracks! 

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

1 hour ago, nineball4444 said:

Serious question. Why is this band so popular?  Why, of all the “core” bands, is it such a betrayal to fans that he sings now?  Plenty of others have made this change, and it hasn’t been NEARLY this big of a deal. Do people feel Oli screamed better than everyone else or something?  Again, I’m really asking. 

The song is actually pretty good IMO. 

Honestly, since Sempiternal they blew up (Into other scenes). That's what got them so big right, when they released Sempiternal, they got fans from the Rock scene, more fans in the metal scene, and they broke into the pop/softer scene as well. Why is it just BMTH? I have no clue, mate. Then once TTS came out, they broke into more of the mainstream. So I just think BMTH has done a great job at getting fans in every single genre/scene. I think that's why they're a huge deal. Every album was completely different and offered something the last didn't, right. That's just my view on it, their could be other reasons, I just think the main one is because they got huge in every scene, thus being known by a certain amount of people from each genre.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

As a long time fan of BMTH, this confirms the end of my fandom. Oli should've never let his 19-year-old wife influence the direction of the band. 

Everybody knows I Got BOUNCE!

*AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

FLAC added!

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

6 hours ago, Dwėsk said:

Jordan Fish said no more new songs on tour but maybe an oldie or two.

THAT'S HELLA DISAPPOINTING! 

*sigh* can you link the source pls, thx in advance

cheers

I like it, pretty unique and I actaully don't mind the claps lmao :lol:

tumblr_mjonoznuZD1r3kb9mo1_500.gif

9 minutes ago, NecRose said:

THAT'S HELLA DISAPPOINTING! 

*sigh* can you link the source pls, thx in advance

cheers

image.png.b3de27b28f6c0169c9eaa356269901f7.png

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

As weak as the lyrics are, I very much prefer to hear Danni Filth than Alexa say Mantra. 

This song gonna to be in limp bizkit next album...but i dont understand role of danni filth in this song.he better go on blackmetal with no doubt.

5 hours ago, blakewarford said:

Honestly, since Sempiternal they blew up (Into other scenes). That's what got them so big right, when they released Sempiternal, they got fans from the Rock scene, more fans in the metal scene, and they broke into the pop/softer scene as well. Why is it just BMTH? I have no clue, mate. Then once TTS came out, they broke into more of the mainstream. So I just think BMTH has done a great job at getting fans in every single genre/scene. I think that's why they're a huge deal. Every album was completely different and offered something the last didn't, right. That's just my view on it, their could be other reasons, I just think the main one is because they got huge in every scene, thus being known by a certain amount of people from each genre.

I think your reasoning is mainly right, but from our point of view we think they broke into the mainstream... I think they haven't really, they've grown bigger in the overall rock/metal scene, but I'm not sure most people know them, not even their name (like most metal bands)... But still they became pretty big and I think it's awesome !

(This is my point of view as a French guy, may not be the same in the US, as here there is NO rock music in the mainstream)

15 minutes ago, Memol said:

This song gonna to be in limp bizkit next album...but i dont understand role of danni filth in this song.he better go on blackmetal with no doubt.

but don't overproud

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Idk dudes, you gotta admit, those horns in the outro is bad ass.

johnny booth.gif

12 hours ago, nineball4444 said:

Serious question. Why is this band so popular?  Why, of all the “core” bands, is it such a betrayal to fans that he sings now?  Plenty of others have made this change, and it hasn’t been NEARLY this big of a deal. Do people feel Oli screamed better than everyone else or something?  Again, I’m really asking. 

The song is actually pretty good IMO. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, thomas.peyrache said:

I think your reasoning is mainly right, but from our point of view we think they broke into the mainstream... I think they haven't really, they've grown bigger in the overall rock/metal scene, but I'm not sure most people know them, not even their name (like most metal bands)... But still they became pretty big and I think it's awesome !

(This is my point of view as a French guy, may not be the same in the US, as here there is NO rock music in the mainstream)

No, I hear you. From fans of the metal scene, they definitely broke into the mainstream. OH, yeah it may be different from where you're from lol. I'm from Canada, I can confirm that people that don't listen to metal know BMTH. A lot of people who listen to soft rock/pop know Sleepwalking (That's why I mentioned Sempiternal got them big, cause that one song got HUGE). But it also depends on the country you're from. I know BMTH is huge in Canada across all types of people

On 10/21/2018 at 3:04 PM, Acedia said:

my review:

Download.png

Best review so far man, jajajaj

I liked the song tho

Edited by AdrianGarzaGarza
Double content, lol

I dig it, better than mantra.Although I got more into mantra after a couple listens.

I go into a bmth song expecting another antivist with a big cunt in before the breakdown...I don't think it'll ever happen again.

I kept doing the same thing to linkin park. Going in expecting something I wasn't gonna get. I actually think the new LP is very good once I listened to it with the thought of it being his suicide letter. Lots of foreshadowing in hindsight

Looking for to new bmth

This shit got bounce

(Also, the story behind this track is quite funny. Oli Sykes and Jordan Fish were hired to work on the new Limp Bizkit album but since Fred Durst wasnt very productive they called it quits. This song actually comes from that collaboration but they removed all the Bizkit)

• Love 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

On 23/10/2018 at 2:34 PM, blakewarford said:

No, I hear you. From fans of the metal scene, they definitely broke into the mainstream. OH, yeah it may be different from where you're from lol. I'm from Canada, I can confirm that people that don't listen to metal know BMTH. A lot of people who listen to soft rock/pop know Sleepwalking (That's why I mentioned Sempiternal got them big, cause that one song got HUGE). But it also depends on the country you're from. I know BMTH is huge in Canada across all types of people

You're lucky then... I wish everyone here knew Sleepwalking ! But here, they would be "a bunch of screaming dudes, omgwecan'tunderstandwhattheyresaying" you know... like the heaviest stuff we had on the radio in the 2010s was 5SOS I guess ^^

Simply put these two singles are the worst songs BMTH have ever put out, debating it is futile.

Old BMTH is never coming back at this point.  Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

• Downvote 2

17 hours ago, DreamAgain said:

debating it is futile.

So we're not allowed to have our opinions, to like these songs ? ^^

I'm pretty late on this one but I wasn't all that Impressed with MANTRA but this song is the first song I've really really enjoyed since the heaven and hell album

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif