9. Tilt
10. Bad Dream

Downloads

Support!

Facebook / iTunes / Physical

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks so much, can't wait to get home from work and jam the arse off of this :D

@Lord Kingdom curious seeing as these are your favourites too, what do you think of this?

8 minutes ago, Six Souls x said:

Thanks so much, can't wait to get home from work and jam the arse off of this :D

@Lord Kingdom curious seeing as these are your favourites too, what do you think of this?

At this moment, it's by far my least favorite by them because of how different each track is, and how mainstream it is. But there are definitely some good tracks, favorites being Tilt, Overthinking, Sick, Half-hearted and of course their heaviest track throughout all albums, Black.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

At this moment, it's by far my least favorite by them because of how different each track is, and how mainstream it is. But there are definitely some good tracks, favorites being Tilt, Overthinking, Sick, Half-hearted and of course their heaviest track throughout all albums, Black.

Looking forward to hearing them! Tilt is probably my favourite so far, but I think that's probably because of the Dissonants vibes haha. I'm partial to Monster too though, it's just soo damn catchy IMO. Excited to hear Black now though 😍

16 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

Agree with you, but i wish they did more screams.. Like he screams at the end of Black.. :(

• Upvote 1

Yes thank you so much! can't wait to listen :)

The worst Hands Like Houses album, really big dissapointment. I really like two songs: No Man's Land and Tilt. Overthinking and Black are alright and the rest is weak to me. 

Ugh... this is painful. Actually, it's way worse than i thought it would be. "Tilt" is by far the best song on this, some decent tracks here and there, but overall, this is bad. And usually, i always find positive in a band changing their sound to a more "mainstream" sound, but not in this case. With "Tilt" being track no. 9, i hoped that the closure  would end the album on a good note, BUT NO, THEY KEPT THE WORST TRACK FOR THE END! GOD I HATE THIS TRACK!

Their debut album was great for it's time, awesome mix of alt.rock and post-hardcore, a bit rough around the edges, then they released what I think was their peak album which embraced more melodies, maybe more alt.rock and a bit less post-hardcore vibes, and man I still think that album is very fucking good to this day, even Dissonants had some great singles and very nice moments even if overall it dragged and was their worst album to date... until now. This is just so plain and hollow for them it's hard to even ever want to come back to it. Can appreciate some experimentation but it just feels like an album that's 1/3rd 90s/00s alt.rock tribute, 1/3rd what they've done in the last few albums and 1/3rd weird electronic pop rock that doesn't make much of an impact compared to previous stuff anyways. Yeah nah. Could still call Dissonants a cool album, this is just decent I guess. I'd rather go back and listen to the last few I The Mighty albums instead of whatever this is, the sound is similar but much better executed.

• Upvote 8

So finished it and um... I don't know how to feel about it tbh. every song sound like it belongs to a completely different album lmao

The singles are still my favorite though especially Overthinking.

• Upvote 3

A little disappointing, I wish they would go back to their Ground Dweller era..

This feels like a lazy album. Couple good songs, couple bad ones, mostly average ones. No parts that really impressive me, just some decent songwriting here and there. There are a couple songs I might not skip if they came on, but I feel like I'll never have a desire to listen to them. Through Glass, Overthinking, Tilt, No Man's Land, Half-hearted and Black are all decent to good. Feeling a 5/10 on this.

• Upvote 4

my review summary for the review i'm writing up:

"Anon. is not a truly bad album by any means, but it lives up to its name. It has no true identity or consistency, rather relying a sequence of varyingly successful sounds that play more like a mixtape or a showreel than a coherent album."

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

What a boring album. Can't believe these are the same guys that created Unimagine.

• Upvote 3

It's just extremely dull, instrumentally and lyrically.

Overthinking and Tilt don't feel like they belong on this album, because they are actually good but they also have a completely different vibe. All the other songs to me seem really forced to just put something out there.

Ground Dweller is one of my all time favourites, Unimagine was also very good and Dissonants was okay. So in my opinion they've been getting gradually worse through time, which is a shame. Therefore, with pain I'm going to delete this album from my computer (perhaps keeping Overthinking and Tilt).

Perhaps I'm hoping too much for another Ground Dweller and thus I could be biased when they change(d) style, but I also know that in general I do not have a problem with that. As long as the music is good. I guess if you want to find something similar to the old Hands Like Houses, the band Time, The Valuator is showing real promise.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I must be in the minority here, i found this pretty fun to listen to. Whilst the first listen i was unsure and a bit confused by the direction they have taken, i believe that this album is actually pretty solid. Through Glass and Sick being my personal favorites. Lyrics aren't as top notch as we've come to expect, but they've definitely tried to simplify their sound a little, but i can say that i'm a fan! 

• Love 1

Haven't ever really liked HLH. But I'm gonna take the shit storm and say this is the only record I like from them 

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

Ty for the FLAC, and the album. I pretty much agree with @Lord Kingdom about this album.

Edit: Yea I agree, almost completely.

Edited by posthxc1982
Another Listen.

Kingdom Come is such a shitty opener, not like rest of the album is much better but still

nothing close to that dope song where crazy woman dancing in the soap

this album bothers me. HLH is better than this failed attempt at mainstream alt rock. pretty much every song is like eh ok but nothing here is solid

so appropriate the closer to "anon" is called bad dream lol. bland

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dwėsk said:

Their debut album was great for it's time, awesome mix of alt.rock and post-hardcore, a bit rough around the edges, then they released what I think was their peak album which embraced more melodies, maybe more alt.rock and a bit less post-hardcore vibes, and man I still think that album is very fucking good to this day, even Dissonants had some great singles and very nice moments even if overall it dragged and was their worst album to date... until now. This is just so plain and hollow for them it's hard to even ever want to come back to it. Can appreciate some experimentation but it just feels like an album that's 1/3rd 90s/00s alt.rock tribute, 1/3rd what they've done in the last few albums and 1/3rd weird electronic pop rock that doesn't make much of an impact compared to previous stuff anyways. Yeah nah. Could still call Dissonants a cool album, this is just decent I guess. I'd rather go back and listen to the last few I The Mighty albums instead of whatever this is, the sound is similar but much better executed.

You can't go wrong with I the Mighty. Brent Walsh is a g