Lord Kingdom

Ice Nine Kills - The Silver Scream (2018)

246 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, InsidAero said:

Yeah that's possible. Will definitely be spinning it a few more times. Just my first impressions.

Yeah I loved it first listen but it just keeps getting better and better with each listen 

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

19 minutes ago, pizzaistheessenceoflife said:

What's the original source of this? CD rip?

says mp3 on the op.  if it were a CD rip wouldn't it be a lower quality than 320?

I don't know in genuinely curious @mR12

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, humbleledger said:

says mp3 on the op.  if it were a CD rip wouldn't it be a lower quality than 320?

I don't know in genuinely curious @mR12

Maybe reread what you just said

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mR12 said:

Maybe reread what you just said

I read it twice before posting I don't think a third time is going to help B)

I take back most of the negative shit I said about this.  like %85.  

some songs are just too corny, but the 9 songs I kept fucking rip.  and the horror movie, thematic elements work really well with music. 

still could do without the IT intro, but as soon as the Georgie melody kicks in its one of the best songs. 

• Haha 1

I've been listening to this album all week and I can genuinely say this has become my favourite album of all time. (Alongside homesick by ADTR)

Every single song has its place on the album, I know people say savages sucks but personally, I really enjoy it.

The references in most songs, along with the movie samples fit so well with the songs. 

Current favourite songs:

The Jig Is Up 

Stabbing In The Dark 

IT Is The End 

Rocking The Boat 

The World In My Hands

After listening to this album a lot I do like it but Freak Flag and SAVAGES really do suck probably makes it not an AOTY contender due to them two songs tbh. Them two songs just seem like two generic songs that any half decent core band will have on an album as fillers pretty much.

• Upvote 2

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

thanks for the 320kbps and FLAC! Anyone have an iTunes Plus AAC M4A version yet? :)

1 hour ago, r3l3ntl3ss said:

thanks for the 320kbps and FLAC! Anyone have an iTunes Plus AAC M4A version yet? :)

oohh lala

INK delivered their best record to date. I thought 2018 gave us so far amazing metalcore albums but this one must be the top of all. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, r3l3ntl3ss said:

We don't really post iTunes quality here - 320/FLAC is the norm.

• Downvote 1

anyone else notice how similar the melody in Friday's chorus is to wake me up by evanescence?

I can't unhear it :lol:

This is really good, buuut i kinda wish the songs weren't written so specifically. ETITB worked so well because most of the songs were packed with metaphors and while you could tell they were based on the novels, it was easy to take them out of context to relate to them more. Its a great album, but i do miss the subtlety of the last record.

This album was AOTY for me upon first listen.

I started going through all the other albums I love this year...

Still album of the year lmao.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Worst Wishes said:

This is really good, buuut i kinda wish the songs weren't written so specifically. ETITB worked so well because most of the songs were packed with metaphors and while you could tell they were based on the novels, it was easy to take them out of context to relate to them more. Its a great album, but i do miss the subtlety of the last record.

this has grown on me a ton, but I can tell it will likely wear off just as fast for that exact reason.  I hope not, I'm really enjoying it so far, I just can't imagine myself listening to horror movie songs year round :/

• Upvote 1

Just got home from the show in Easton. And oh my GAWD!  Seriously folks, don’t miss out. What a fucking show!

If I could have picked two songs from this album for them to play, it would have been Stabbing and It. They played them both. 🤘🤘🤘. They played Savages too, which is far better live.  This was also the best crowd I’ve seen in a looooong time. It seemed everyone there knew all the lyrics to every song. 

GO SEE INK!!

• Upvote 3

Realy nice work.after a while i listen a good tunes..

I like it, its good, but It feels so gimmicky to me. I honestly can't listen to it in full from start to finish. Individually the songs are good but as a whole, it just seems cheesy. I much prefer Safe Is Just A Shadow and The Predator Becomes The Prey when it comes to INK. It is a really cool album in time for Halloween...

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

I like it, its good, but It feels so gimmicky to me. I honestly can't listen to it in full from start to finish. Individually the songs are good but as a whole, it just seems cheesy. I much prefer Safe Is Just A Shadow and The Predator Becomes The Prey when it comes to INK. It is a really cool album in time for Halloween...

I have kind of the same feeling, it is a very solid album for sure, but something's not working in the flow. individually, songs are really good tho

• Upvote 1

Easily their best album, easily top 3 album of the year.

This album is so fucking sick....wasn't even that big on this band until now

Great cleans, great screams, great music, great lyrics for what they are.

1 hour ago, BRDSX said:

You said you'd rather listen to monuments than this...can't really take you that seriously on this

Would probably rather listen to silence than monuments tbh

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Exsanguination45 said:

Easily their best album, easily top 3 album of the year.

This album is so fucking sick....wasn't even that big on this band until now

Great cleans, great screams, great music, great lyrics for what they are.

You said you'd rather listen to monuments than this...can't really take you that seriously on this

Would probably rather listen to silence than monuments tbh

I don't care if you take me seriously or not, I honestly could not care less.

7 hours ago, BRDSX said:

that's been my issue too

the music and thematic elements are great, but if the subject was about anything else, or at least not so on the nose, I feel like this would be as good, if not better than 'Safe...'

5 hours ago, Exsanguination45 said:

You said you'd rather listen to monuments than this...can't really take you that seriously 

why? how is his opinion any less valid because of your opinion?

• Upvote 1

after getting drunk with two dudes and a girl watching florida beat lsu i threw on american nightmare full volume. they listen to country and classic rock lol. they looked at me like i was fucking nuts lmao saying "dude way too heavy"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

@coachlow I get the same thing from my girlfriend half the time and majority of my friends. But then I tell them that I can scream and growl as well and show them my videos..... The look after is just plain priceless :lol:

• Upvote 1

Just realized Rocking the Boat contains easter eggs; the song mentions previous albums by INK: Last Chance to Make Amends, Safe is Just a Shadow, The Predator Becomes the Prey, and Every Trick in the Book

• Upvote 3