Lord Kingdom

Ice Nine Kills - The Silver Scream (2018)

246 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, DaddyMac said:

@BrickFace what are you talking about? I've listened to album in my earphones loud as hell, there are no fart noises in that song. Not at all.

3:26 3:46 Im listening on speakers and hear it clear as day 

19 hours ago, Lonewolfx6 said:

I'm surprised you didn't put stabbing in the dark as a favorite? 

Youre right :D that song should easily be in top 3. My bad

Other Releases by

This album is incredible. Love Bites in particular is fantastic and way better than you guys are giving credit for, perfectly encapsulates the tone of American Werewolf and to people that hate it I really think you should watch/rewatch the film. However, they have absolutely done Texas Chainsaw a disservice with Savages. Was really looking forward to that one and ended up being the only bad song on the album. Freak Flag isn't amazing either but isn't bad. Everything else is pretty much spectacular.

9/10

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, AMNESIK said:

I tried! it's a good and creative album, vocally, musically speaking and all!... but still, i don't see myself listening to this on a everyday basis. I have a hard time getting into these theatric-ish themed core music bands and all the silly intro/outro/breakdown elements they add, or like that stupid horn in "IT is the end", this is the kind of stuff that ruins it a bit for me. 

you worded it perfectly.   

the momentum of the song just dies completely, just so we can unnecessarily squeeze a cringy theme song or movie sample in.   

and the music is so fucking good it's frustrating.  if it were just lyrics or subtle, brief audio references i think it would work for me regardless of my opinion of horror movies.  but I just can't see myself jamming this on a sunny, blue sky day on my way home from work.  :/

I'll keep checking new albums out because these guys are incredible at what they do, they're just not making music for *me* anymore, and that's fine.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 4

such a unique album, worth the hype i guess

vocalist is actually a beast, after Merry Axe-Mas i wanted to check who is that animal doing the deathcore part :lol:

horror movie fans gonna jizz all over this, but im not one of them

• Upvote 1

Finally got my chance to listen.

Savages is pretty out of place to me.

Freak Flag is better than people are saying.

Everything else being a 4/5 or higher, with most being 5/5.

Top tracks (in no particular order):
Stabbing In The Dark
The Jig Is Up

Merry Axe-Mas (most unexpected)

IT Is The End

Score:

Easy 9/10

• Upvote 5

So fucking good!

23 minutes ago, LinaK said:

such a unique album, worth the hype i guess

vocalist is actually a beast, after Merry Axe-Mas i wanted to check who is that animal doing the deathcore part :lol:

horror movie fans gonna jizz all over this, but im not one of them

i cant believe I actually agree with you

• Upvote 1

Everything is great except savages. Honestly it doesnt even sound like spencers vocals to me. Amazing album overall though

Guest IXJ

I'm biased because IX is my favorite band (and I've had this pre-ordered for quite some time now) but I thought the album was solid. I don't think any of the samples are out of place. IX is a theatric band, or has since become one since last album "Every Trick In The Book". My favorites off the album are:

Merry Axe-Mas

IT Is The End

Rocking The Boat
Stabbing In The Dark

I can see how people think Savages, A Grave Mistake, Freak Flag, and Love Bites are throw-aways but then again, think theatric, not "metal" or whatever core you think. Plus, they bring in some good variety. Not every song needs to be as hardcore as the breakdown in Axe-mas ;)

Guest amasait

spencer stands out from the other vocalists. the silver scream proves it. every song is different and inique. i adore his vocals in savages,freak flag has a beautiful instrumental,love bites has more to it and almost every band have song like this. a grave mistake is beast ballad. i can't count how many times i listen to the deathcore part in merry axe-mas,it's colossal. i think their next album will have more of that and will top the current one.

Guest IXJ
20 hours ago, Bready said:

I fucking love how they reference every album on Rocking the Boat. 

I caught that too. The Burning, The Predator Becomes The Prey, Every Trick In The Book, Safe Is Just A Shadow... didn't catch Last Chance To Make Amends.

EDIT: JUST KIDDING. It's in the pre-breakdown.

Edited by IXJ
Found lyrics

2 minutes ago, IXJ said:

I caught that too. The Burning, The Predator Becomes The Prey, Every Trick In The Book, Safe Is Just A Shadow... didn't catch Last Chance To Make Amends.

In the buildup to the breakdown he says it

Guest IXJ
1 minute ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

In the buildup to the breakdown he says it

I edited my comment. Found it like 10 seconds after posting lol

23 hours ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Surprised there aren’t more heavy songs on this. Absolutely stellar record. Gonna give a more in depth opinion after a few listens. 

I audibly laughed at how heavy Merry Axemas and IT Is The End were. 

Dude I did the same thing. It's great.

Okay people I don't wanna start a rumble or else, I'm digging Savages, indeed it sounds like a Skillet song but it's pretty catchy and stuff to me

So just to build some serious and constructive discuss, what is bothering you about this song? the spirit of that song is far away from the spirit of the album? apart from that, imagine it would be an INK song from another album, would you not like it? or is it also too far away from INK spirit?

2 minutes ago, disaR said:

Okay people I don't wanna start a rumble or else, I'm digging Savages, indeed it sounds like a Skillet song but it's pretty catchy and stuff to me

So just to build some serious and constructive discuss, what is bothering you about this song? the spirit of that song is far away from the spirit of the album? apart from that, imagine it would be an INK song from another album, would you not like it? or is it also too far away from INK spirit?

Well for starters the song is EXTREMELY simple. Riff, melody, lyrics, everything. Compared to the rest of the album which is super well thought out and intricate, it just feels like a pile of trash. Also, Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a SUPER popular movie, and the song hardly does it any justice, it barely even sounds like it’s about the movie. 

• Upvote 1

*Squeeze of clown horn x2*

• Love 1

I have only skimmed through the thread but if I read correctly people dislike the squeaky parts of the album closer? Even tho not only it works for the song's vibe (it being It) but also goes back to INK roots when they were a ska band, song is arguably top 3 in this already great album so if you dislike that you trippin'.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, Dwėsk said:

I have only skimmed through the thread but if I read correctly people dislike the squeaky parts of the album closer? Even tho not only it works for the song's vibe (it being It) but also goes back to INK roots when they were a ska band, song is arguably top 3 in this already great album so if you dislike that you trippin'.

The horn is so sick it's all part of the novelty and they pull it off. I think it's supposed to be amusing. Deffo has a comical vibe to the entire song, they really got themselves in the head of It for that song. If you listen to his vocal technique he deliberately sounds insane in it.

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, disaR said:

I think it’s just too simple, and beneath them. I don’t hate it, I just don’t like it. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Dwėsk said:

I love that after the horn it just goes into straight chaos this whole album is a masterpiece 

• Love 1

I was expecting something great and they delivered, super solid album all around, perfect for October. SAVAGES is clearly the weakest song but dad friendly. I am a big horror fan so this album pleases the fuck out of me. The breakdowns and vocals are all well done. IT is The End is a damn good closer, clown horn and all. Possibly my AOTY. Thanks for the early share.

7 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

I love that after the horn it just goes into straight chaos this whole album is a masterpiece 

WHERE DEM LYRICS ME BOY

I rarely fully appreciate a whole album on the first listen in this genre, but this shit caught my attention right from the start. I’m also not a fan of horror, but this is to good to bother me.

22 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

WHERE DEM LYRICS ME BOY

Working on it me boy!!!

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

ME BOY

Alright I'm posting all of them but which one do you guys want first or would you rather just have it in order

Just now, Prototype539 said:

Alright I'm posting all of them but which one do you guys want first or would you rather just have it in order

In order ofc

Damn the cleans on Stabbing in the Dark sound like Breaking Benjamin the first seconds. Clearly doesnt sound like Spencer