Lord Kingdom

Ice Nine Kills - The Silver Scream (2018)

246 posts in this topic

Overall really enjoyed this album, great stuff coming out from this band. I think I enjoy this one more than ETITB. The Jig Is Up, Rocking the Boat, IT is the End, Merry Axe-Mas, A Grave Mistake, and The World In My Hands are highlights for me. I could do without Savages and Freak Flag just because they seemed very meh to me, at least compared to the high points on this album. I don't mind Love Bites really, but the production on it seemed off to me. But this album is an easy 8/10 for me, good shit.

Other Releases by

I fucking love how they reference every album on Rocking the Boat. 

• Love 1

Just now, Bready said:

I fucking love how they reference every album on Rocking the Boat. 

Damn it, I was literally about to comment that lol.  I heard "the predator becomes the prey" and I thought hmmm interesting, they called back to that album... Few seconds late i hear "safe is just a shadow"...  I was waiting for the ETITB towards the end lol.

Just now, SpicyPikachu said:

Damn it, I was literally about to comment that lol.  I heard "the predator becomes the prey" and I thought hmmm interesting, they called back to that album... Few seconds late i hear "safe is just a shadow"...  I was waiting for the ETITB towards the end lol.

They mention ETITB about halfway in the song. 

I'm at work whyyyy now!!! Dammit lol thank you so much for this though

FUCKING HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING NUTS
MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD2WQERL-WASWQ08HD08OWSDBUYVG219`87GDBSDH801280HD80HASD08HAS

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Bready said:

I only listened to the song once while washing the dishes, so I must have missed it the first time haha.

• Confused 1

This entire album is masterpiece. Everything fits like a jigsaw piece which allows the flow to be uninterrupted. It's great when an album doesn't feel jarring. 

Spencer's vocals are fucking insane. He's got to be up there for vocalist of the year. The growls and highs he pulls off are beyond impressive. He's shaped up to be one of the best vocalist in the scene. 

Did anyone else get chills from the breakdown in Rocking the Boat? Amazing. 

Solid AOTY contender. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

It b poo poo. At least compared to the rest of the album. Doesn’t make since cause Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the goriest most disgusting horrific movies of all time and THIS is what they chose to do with that. 

Actually, The original TCM has very little blood and gore. It was all suspense and pure horror as to why it is one of my favorite horror movies of all time. The chase scene that has nothing but Sally screaming her lungs out and Leatherface's chainsaw running scares the hell out of me to this day.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I don't know much about these guys but the  features of Tony from Mest and LTJ/Fenix TX are so randomly awesome

Thanks! Was never a fan of this band, but this album is pretty damn cool so far. Love the horror movie clips. I'm diggin it. 

I’ve had one solid spin. It’s pretty great as expected. A lot of depth given it’s length.

I will say SAVAGES isn’t quite as bad as everyone is making it out to be . It’s kinda fun but is definitely a little boring. It’s got an anthem feel - so an upbeat, bouncy breakdown towards the end could have done a lot for the song.

I think Frak Flag is actually really groovy and a lot of fun. Again though, like SAVAGES they could have upped the energy for a bit towards the end.

The World In My Hands is probably the best of the lighter stuff along with A Grave Mistake. A lot of emotion in that one.

Love Bites is a nice little tune. I enjoyed how it was lyrically written.

Everything else is ridiculous (in a good way) and exactly what most everyone wanted to hear. 

A solid 9/10 for me. Well done.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Stripedew said:

Here's my personal ranking of all tracks, bearing in mind the individual positions are not really as important as what group each track is in hah.

GOD TIER:

1. IT is the end

2. Rocking The Boat

3. Thank God Its Friday

4. Merry Axe-mas

5. Stabbing In The Dark

AMAZING: 

6. Enjoy Your Slay

7. The American Nightmare

8. The World In My Hands 

9. The Jig Is Up

MEH:

10. A Grave Mistake

11. Freak Flag

12. Love Bites

GENERIC THROAWAY:

13. SAVAGES

Yea although A Grave Mistake should probably be in amazing 

• Upvote 1

Finally home from work. Thankfully album was downloaded by the time I got off. Thank you @codeorange and thank you @Lord Kingdom. So happy to listen to this. HAPPY OCTOBER EVERYONE! TIME TO BE NAUGHTY BATS AND CREEPY GHOULS. LET OUT THE THOSE HOWLS OF GLEE AND SCARE THE LITTLE ONES WITH YOUR SOULS ;)

What a kick off to a awesome month and only two more weeks till I'm 25 woohooooo. Time to drown in all these sins.

• Downvote 1

Love the album. And INK straight up referencing REALLY OLD INK with the ska style horns on IT is the end. Probably my favorite album from them, doubtful on it being AOTY but definitely top 5.

all the talk of horror movie clips and Spencer doing an IT voice is really putting my expectations in check

I sorta hate horror movies, but these guys first ep and 'safe is just a shadow' are classics imo

I really hope they move past this shtick eventually since they make fantastic music.  

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, PhantomFear said:

Love the album. And INK straight up referencing REALLY OLD INK with the ska style horns on IT is the end. Probably my favorite album from them, doubtful on it being AOTY but definitely top 5.

I also caught a very ska feel from the chorus of that song. One of my favorites. 

Must say that I love this album, through and through

Savages is weak, but, it still isn't bad 

• Love 1

goddamn this fucking slams and I can't believe how much they've improved then a fucking movie sound clip cuts in and all momentum dies. 

deleted thank God its Friday and stabbing so far, but American nightmare was great.

on to the jig is up,....  [edit] nope

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, humbleledger said:

goddamn this fucking slams and I can't believe how much they've improved then a fucking movie sound clip cuts in and all momentum dies. 

deleted thank God its Friday and stabbing so far, but American nightmare was great.

on to the jig is up,....

Thank you, I'm not the only one who thought Thank God it's Friday was lame 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, SAVAGES is the only bad track on this.

This album was fucking incredible, they really outdid themselves.

Holy fuck..... Like wow.... I've always liked this band. But this album.... Holy shit. So creative.... Just everything is perfect... From the mixing to the featured guests. Less than Jake and Fenix TX in the same track!? I blew my load right there! Aoty so far, no question. 

This album officially drops on my bday, so ty for the early birthday present y'all :wub:

• Love 1

Couple more spins deep, would say with confidence this is their best album.

How’s every body doing with lyrics?  

Wont lie, I’m having a hard time with fast screamy verses. Anyone figure out Stabbing or It?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nineball4444 said:

How’s every body doing with lyrics?  

Wont lie, I’m having a hard time with fast screamy verses. Anyone figure out Stabbing or It?

Tbh not even gonna try until Friday. Spencer is indecipherable sometimes

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Bready said:

What makes this even better is that the guest feature on the track is a previous band mate.