Lord Kingdom

Ice Nine Kills - The Silver Scream (2018)

246 posts in this topic

Much love for this one. I cant even try to describe how hyped ive been for this album

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

AOTY for me, no questions asked. I don't think even Architects will top it for me, this is just so creative.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Amazing album. Not just for a movie and horror film lover but as an album on itself. Nice variety of sounds between songs, really cool creative moments and pretty good lyrics.

This is easily the best album of their career and, even though I've always liked them, I didn't expect them to be able to write something this good. 

Best songs are Thank God Its Friday, Enjoy Your Slay, Merry Axe-Mas and IT Is The End.

(EDIT: I really hope those fart sounds in IT Is The End outro arent on the final album mix though. They're so loud and it happens like 3 times and destroys the best part of the album)

Doubt they're on the final mix, Periphery did something similar. They just toss in random sounds to identify the leaked version lol

Also....THANK YOU @codeorange!!! 

Guest amasait

cavH8oO.jpg

i told you about merry axe-mas.

p.s. IX/10.

2 minutes ago, iammclovin said:

Doubt they're on the final mix, Periphery did something similar. They just toss in random sounds to identify the leaked version lol

I hope that thats the case. Thought it was unintentional sounds from doing vocals like here

Gonna be REAL HARD to top this album as best of 2018 imo. Absolutely loving this masterpiece. Still excited fro Disturbed and All That Remains...but goddamn, this album is straight-up sex.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

The breakdown is ridiculous lol. Shame he doesnt use those vocals on more tracks

I completely agree with you.

• Upvote 1

Much better than Beartooth, has like three meh songs, Axe-Mas and It are fucking top tier.

• Upvote 3

Here's my personal ranking of all tracks, bearing in mind the individual positions are not really as important as what group each track is in hah.

GOD TIER:

1. IT is the end

2. Rocking The Boat

3. Thank God Its Friday

4. Merry Axe-mas

5. Stabbing In The Dark

AMAZING: 

6. Enjoy Your Slay

7. The American Nightmare

8. The World In My Hands 

9. The Jig Is Up

MEH:

10. A Grave Mistake

11. Freak Flag

12. Love Bites

GENERIC THROAWAY:

13. SAVAGES

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Dwėsk said:

Much better than Beartooth, has like three meh songs, Axe-Mas and It are fucking top tier.

Which ones are you not crazy about and why? Just curious.

3 more hours of work then I can go home and listen to this. God I can't wait

23 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Amazing album. Not just for a movie and horror film lover but as an album on itself. Nice variety of sounds between songs, really cool creative moments and pretty good lyrics.

This is easily the best album of their career and, even though I've always liked them, I didn't expect them to be able to write something this good. 

Best songs are Thank God Its Friday, Enjoy Your Slay, Merry Axe-Mas and IT Is The End.

(EDIT: I really hope those fart sounds in IT Is The End outro arent on the final album mix though. They're so loud and it happens like 3 times and destroys the best part of the album)

I'm surprised you didn't put stabbing in the dark as a favorite? 

• Upvote 2

Well this is perfection <3. I love the lyrics and overall song flows. And also how they breakdowned the film scores lol Brilliant :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Seahawk said:

Savages, Freak Flag.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Seahawk said:

Not OP but personally Freak Flag, Love Bites and SAVAGES I could do without.

16 minutes ago, maximomckinnon said:

i'm so fucking excited for this, stabbing in the dark is RIDICULOUS 

edit: why does savages sound like a skillet track LOL

It's called variety my dude xD

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Stripedew said:

Here's my personal ranking of all tracks, bearing in mind the individual positions are not really as important as what group each track is in hah.

GOD TIER:

1. IT is the end

2. Rocking The Boat

3. Thank God Its Friday

4. Merry Axe-mas

5. Stabbing In The Dark

AMAZING: 

6. Enjoy Your Slay

7. The American Nightmare

8. The World In My Hands 

9. The Jig Is Up

MEH:

10. A Grave Mistake

11. Freak Flag

12. Love Bites

GENERIC THROAWAY:

13. SAVAGES

solid.

• Upvote 1

Its pretty meh compared to their previous albums tbh, might just need a few more listens though

• Upvote 1

Just now, Physyadelic said:

It's called variety my dude xD

I ain't gonna complain it's a good track, this album is fucking fantastic 

I am speechless definitely AOTY for sure this was truly a masterpiece and I can't wait to see everybody else's reaction to this tonight, holy shit Ice Nine Kills you truly outdid yourselves this time 

• Love 1

Already know it won't be anything special. Just a solid listen. Not one for hype. Hoping the lyrics are better with the storytelling this time. Last album was almost too corny for me but I did like Jekyll and Hyde a lot so we'll see. This band still reminds me of No Need to Stay. Wonder what happened to them.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, dvsr said:

Already know it won't be anything special. Just a solid listen. Not one for hype. Hoping the lyrics are better with the storytelling this time. Last album was almost too corny for me but I did like Jekyll and Hyde a lot so we'll see. This band still reminds me of No Need to Stay. Wonder what happened to them.

No Need to Stay split up a year ago i think - personal stuff between the band members

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cutliesthroat said:

No Need to Stay split up a year ago i think - personal stuff between the band members

Figured as much haha.

A good album as a whole grabs you from start to finish. After listening, this album is exceptional and by far their best, and it will be hard to displace as my favourite this year. (Architects and Coheed and Cambria are the only two I foresee coming close).