Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Confused 1

Stoked.

Thank you so much for this!

Really excited to hear it

OOOOOH SHIIIIIIT

Thank you so much <3 might do a spillage in this here comment section when I'm done with my ~10th listen

I LOVE YOU GUYS THANK YOU

Yeeeeaaaaah! Thanks :)

Thanks! 

Just listened all the way through. Absolutely fire. Very experimental production which I love. Has to be their most experimental album next to saturation 3. 

It might honestly be their best work. May need to listen a couple more times and go back to listen to the saturations. But this has to be their best imo. 

I do think Joba was the weakest on this album tho

This shit is unexpectedly different majority of the time, they really played us with those "singles". Seems like another strong trilogy is upon us. I still gotta take half this shit in.

Wasn't too impressed on first listen, but nowadays I need lots of listens for every album. I just think that lyrically they took a step or 2 down, as well as with the catchiness of songs. The later is Kevin's job and I do feel like he wasn't as strong as on the Saturation trilogy. Production ranges from solid to awesome; however, some parts sound kinda unfinished in that there's white/pink noise in the background, or a type of static that makes it sound unrefined. 

I thought the first 5 songs were mostly forgettable, but then Weight and District were great. Other favorites include J'ouvert (dat Joba verse tho), Honey, Vivid and Tonya. So I guess I think half of the album is average while the other half is very good. Saturation 3 will likely remain my favorite of theirs by far unless this REALLY grows on me, but I could see this not touching any of the Saturation albums. Lastly, I think the "year" singles from TBYOUL were all really good and probably better than the majority of songs on here. 

EDIT: After more listens, my favorites are confirmed as the ones I listed above. New Orleans is really good too. Feeling a light 8 on this I'd say.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Worst Wishes said:

No Wildfire or Truman? Kinda odd

They scrapped that album and like 2 others before that lol. I loved those songs too though.

3 hours ago, mitch4755 said:

I do think Joba was the weakest on this album tho

His verse on J'ouvert was insane though.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Worst Wishes said:

No Wildfire or Truman? Kinda odd

This album is probably the first of a second trilogy so those two tracks are likely gonna be on The Best Years of Our Lives. ( The end of this album also says that it's the start of The Best Years of Our Lives, so there you have it.)

Unrelated to your comment, I have to say, this is their best album.

Production is baller, the beats are aggressive af (getting closer and closer to Death Grips on some tracks) and the instruments...mah gawd.

Pretty great piece, this year has been insane for hip-hop,can't wait to watch the documentary.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Nice meme :D Now I would like the actual new album with the fantastic singles on it please, thank you

JOBA

I still hope that this is a joke album but Tonya is actually amazing.

I hear Jaden on New Orleans. Please, Kevin...please let Jaden join the band. Reissue the Saturation Trilogy with him doing new verse's over Ameer's.

Just got done. Gotta say, I think it helps that I found the 90's songs so underwhelming because it made me very cautious about this album. I adored the Saturation trilogy, then the whole Ameer thing happened and this whole year felt like a year full of fuckups. I'm glad to see they bounced back so well. Some of the best tracks to me are Weight, District, Tape, J'Ouvert, Honey, and San Marcos. Joba's really stepped up his game in terms of verses, it's not as corny as it was on the singles. Way more experimental too. It's gonna rank pretty high in my year-end list I think.

For those of you who don't know, this is indeed part of a trilogy. I believe Kevin said the next part is dropping in June. They're contractually obligated to 5 more records in the next 2 and a half years, so there's two more albums in this trilogy, and then most likely one more trilogy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BrickFace said:

I still hope that this is a joke album but Tonya is actually amazing.

I still hope that this is a joke comment but this album is actually amazing

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

BROCKHAMPTON GOAT

this album is beyond fantastic 

I smell top 3 AOTY already 

good as always. love the diversity of sounds on each album.

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

Just finished listening to the album. This honestly has to be the best album they've released. The album is so experimental but good. Fire verses, crazy good melodies, unique beats, and switch ups left and right. It doesn't really possess songs with catchy choruses like Gold or Gummy but its probably their most artistic+best music.

• Love 2