126 posts in this topic

Dreams do come true

Other Releases by

Def a proper dose of shoegaze on this awesome record

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

brdsx.gif

is this the year of bands redeeming themselves from a sub-par past releases? I think sooooooooo.

First thing i've tolerated from them since Under Soil and Dirt.  <---I've said an iteration of this a few times this year. 

• Upvote 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

1 minute ago, Smash_Adams said:

is this the year of bands redeeming themselves from a sub-par past releases? I think sooooooooo.

First thing i've tolerated from them since Under Soil and Dirt.  <---I've said an iteration of this a few times this year. 

except tssf doesnt have a sub-par past release?? soooooo

nothing to redeem (:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, evna said:

except tssf doesnt have a sub-par past release?? soooooo

nothing to redeem (:

last 2 albums are mehhhhhh. Sooooooo they have redemeed themselves with this one since it's not mehhhhh.  :)

• Love 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Keep this Up main riff gives me Dinosaur Jr vibes!

Totally loving the new album!

• Upvote 1

" Keep This Up " is one of the best songs they have written/released. No shoegaze in this one though.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

brdsx.gif

Cant wait for both of my vinyls to show up! Glad i got this one twice always supported these dudes but knew this one was going to be something special.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

" Keep This Up " is one of the best songs they have written/released. No shoegaze in this one though.

Agreed, might be my favorite on the album but I know it will go over very well live. 

• Upvote 1

It isn't a real 320k release and it looks like the tracks are from different sources as the frequency ranges are very inconsistent. They have likely been re-encoded from 224k or 256k files.

2 hours ago, Cam979 said:

Best album this band have produced by a long shot.

What a shoegazing banger.

Thata boy, quality shoegazzery 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

brdsx.gif

This is definitely gunna be the soundtrack to Fall for me. The whole album is outstanding, but "Upside Down" and "Need to Know" are on repeat.

As always, thanks for the up.

• Upvote 1

eEOjWjC.gif

Shoes gay

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Appreciate the leak but guys.. 

This sounds like crap. Listen to the singles on apple music or spotify. Severe mud going on here. Love the album but this leak is not "great quality" unless you're tone deaf. It does its job yes but let's not assume this is actually 320.its transcoded/upconverted from prob 120-192. Listen to out of it single and the out of it on here. Not even close. But Thanks anyway. Maybe we'll get full quality soon.

Sam Pura was right, the singles weren't a good judge of the overall sound of this album, it's a great combo of their older sound (but developed) with more experimental songs. Yeah, they definitely changed Out of It to match the overall mix/vibe of the album, which I understand, but still prefer the single version. Also, the vocals are super processed, but I guess it fits the poppier production choices (like the drum samples in some of the songs, piano parts). What You Don't See will still be my favorite album of theirs, but I really respect that they wanted to break the mold and do something really different. Great album for fall, brings back fond memories of 2011 listening to From Under Soil and Dirt starting college.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bradymyers2 said:

This sounds like crap. Listen to the singles on apple music or spotify. Severe mud going on here. Love the album but this leak is not "great quality" unless you're tone deaf. It does its job yes but let's not assume this is actually 320.its transcoded/upconverted from prob 120-192. Listen to out of it single and the out of it on here. Not even close. But Thanks anyway. Maybe we'll get full quality soon.

we already established that it wasn’t an actual 320 yesterday, it’s on the post too. 

• Upvote 3

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

35 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

we already established that it wasn’t an actual 320 yesterday, it’s on the post too. 

Just want people to be aware and therefore excited that the release will be even better than this preview! 

Growing on you is the biggest surprise of the record. Surreal introspection on drug abuse and recovery and that falsetto is just great and unexpected. 

1 hour ago, Bradymyers2 said:

Just so you know, they retracked the vocals for Out of It and they remixed it.

• Upvote 1

What a album man, loved every song

• Upvote 1

Am i the only one who really likes the new cut of "Out Of It"?

IMO if they left the earlier version as it was it would have sounded quite out of place (production wise) with the rest of the album.

Big fan!

• Upvote 2

On 15/09/2018 at 3:19 AM, mR12 said:

Unfortunately, @Tedwards_ is right. This is a transcode.

Leak:

PVwYs6Z.png

WEB Purchase:

sm0l2Eb.png

Can I get an explanation as to what this means? One person said it's shorter and you said the other person was right, when all they said was the files are small, so I'm a little confused as to what they were right about or what these transcodes mean because they look about the same to me and I'm not entirely sure how to read them or what they mean and I'm sure others probably don't either.